Author Topic: Give me your best Jabari Parker offer  (Read 23091 times)

Re: Give me your best Jabari Parker offer
« Reply #150 on: March 01, 2016, 02:06:30 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
When he does this for a full season with better three point shooting and defense, then maybe I'll consider.

« Reply #151 on: March 01, 2016, 02:08:41 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
When he does this for a full season with better three point shooting and defense, then maybe I'll consider.
Consider what?  Giving up a pick?  What team is trading a 20 year old with season averages of 23 and 8 for a draft pick?   80% of this forum wouldn't even trade Marcus Smart for a better pick than that Brooklyn pick.  Some people here seem to have trouble understanding that teams don't give away sure things for massively risky picks.   You can maybe get a team to panic-trade an underperforming star prospect when their stock is low... but nobody is trading Anthony Davis or Karl Towns for a raffle ticket.

I really hope we hit a home run with that draft pick.  These Okafor/Parker threads might look incredibly stupid if that pick ends up being a dud prospect.

« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2016, 09:10:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Why do we love to Overpay for other People's Crap?

10ppg.  11ppg. In two seasons averaging nearly 30 mpg.

Parker hasn't shown the improvement to merit this type of interest.
Hell, Evan Turner, looks like a better player right now!  Did you see what he did in OT Of the Clippers game?

When has Parker shown that wow, he's going to live up to his draft position games?
Yeah.  Always funny when people write off 20 year old star prospects midway through a season returning from serious injury. 

Dunno, man... he's looked pretty wonderful recently.  36 points tonight.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNlLoQfquaM

6 games since the all-star break he's averaged 22.8 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists with 54% shooting.   

I would have gladly traded the Brooklyn pick for him.  Is that the kind of improvement you were waiting for?  Cuz typically when players show that kind of improvement, they aren't available.
Wondering if anyone still thinks Jabari is "crap"?   

Since the all-star break:  18.6 points, 6.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 1.2 steals, 50% shooting, 41% from three, 79% from the line.

Lots of people seemed pretty against the idea of moving the Brooklyn pick for him.   Will there be 4 players in this draft better than Jabari?

« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2016, 09:15:34 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Hell, Evan Turner, looks like a better player right now!  Did you see what he did in OT Of the Clippers game?

When has Parker shown that wow, he's going to live up to his draft position games?
Yeah.  Always funny when people write off 20 year old star prospects midway through a season returning from serious injury. 

Dunno, man... he's looked pretty wonderful recently.  36 points tonight.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNlLoQfquaM

6 games since the all-star break he's averaged 22.8 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists with 54% shooting.   

I would have gladly traded the Brooklyn pick for him.  Is that the kind of improvement you were waiting for?  Cuz typically when players show that kind of improvement, they aren't available.

Since the all-star break:  18.6 points, 6.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 1.2 steals, 50% shooting, 41% from three, 79% from the line.

Lots of people seemed pretty against the idea of moving the Brooklyn pick for him.   Will there be 4 players in this draft better than Jabari?
good points and a good final question. as is often the case, many folks have trouble resisting a rush to judgement over young players. parker has played in barely over 90 nba games, and was injuried.

i liked his game and wished the celtics could have gotten him. who knows? someday he may yet become a celtic.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2016, 09:20:50 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

good points and a good final question. as is often the case, many folks have trouble resisting a rush to judgement over young players. parker has played in barely over 90 nba games, and was injuried.

i liked his game and wished the celtics could have gotten him. who knows? someday he may yet become a celtic.  ;D
This thread was a little over a month ago.   MASSIVE amount of hypocrisy.  The same people who said they wouldn't trade the Brooklyn pick for Jabari Parker were saying they would never trade Marcus Smart for the Suns unprotected pick ... even though Smart was clearly inferior to Jabari Parker and the Suns pick was superior to the Brooklyn pick.

In fact, 85% of this forum voted that they wouldn't trade Marcus Smart for the Suns pick:  http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=82823.0

Classic homerism. 

Smart since the all-star break:  8.1 points, 4.5 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 1.3 steals, 30% shooting.  18% from three.  Anyone want to change their vote on that one?

Funny how much perception can change in a month.

« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2016, 09:22:52 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
EDIT: wrong thread, mods please delete if you get a chance.

« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2016, 09:33:41 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I think I probably would but would like to see where the pick lands first.  Of course if we strike gold and get Durant it kind of makes getting Parker pointless.  :P

« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2016, 09:59:24 PM »

Offline TheTruth

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 13
Larbrd,

The Bucks probably reject Smart and the fourth pick for Parker.

Looking through this thread, there are a lot of posters confused when evaluating talent.

« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2016, 11:44:39 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Anyone want to change their vote on that one?

NOPE. Smart is still better than Parker, overall.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2016, 11:56:55 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Quote from: TheTruth
Larbrd,

The Bucks probably reject Smart and the fourth pick for Parker.

Looking through this thread, there are a lot of posters confused when evaluating talent.

I feel like every thread you post in should contain a disclaimer that you listen to Felger about basketball and think he's great. You and LrdBrd33 are made for each other. You seem to be the same kind of person, the type that is more a fan of patting yourself on the back whenever you imagine your constant stream of cynicism is occasionally being proven right than an actual fan of the Boston Celtics. There's probably a Felger tribute blog somewhere online with a message board, right? A place where people like you can enjoy thinking like Felger together? Wouldn't you be happier in a place like that? Or is the point that you get off on raining on actual fans'parades?

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2016, 12:10:09 AM »

Offline TheTruth

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 13
Dino,

As much as you want to believe I'm trying to ruin your happy place I'm not. I'm just telling you the truth about things. 

It is weird however how sensitive you are and hateful to opinions contrasting to yours.

No GM would ever take Smart over Parker.

« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2016, 01:08:08 AM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Parker over smart every day of the week and its not close.

« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2016, 01:28:30 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Is his defense any better?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2016, 01:38:48 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Nope, his defense isn't better. Pretty much the only difference from before is that now he's being fed some of the highest minutes in the game. His box scores look better now, if one ignores how many minutes it takes him, if one ignores actual impact on the game. His team is losing. His RPM is still terrible, both offensively and defensively. He did finally hit a smattering of threes this month. Aside from that, nothing has changed.

« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2016, 01:55:06 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I think this all ties back to the old saying.

"Patience is a virtue".

That goes for both Jabari and Smart. The guys are in their 2nd year and are still figuring out who they are as players. Both Jabari and Marcus are doing what they were expected to do when they reached the NBA. They look like potential superstars on one end and huge question marks (at best) on the other. Simple as that, and we won't know how good they truly will be until a few years down the line. All we can do is wait until then.