Author Topic: ECF Game 5 Pistons at Celtics 5/28 8:30 PM ESPN  (Read 97337 times)

Re: ECF Game 5 Pistons at Celtics 5/28 8:30 PM ESPN
« Reply #375 on: May 29, 2008, 12:38:41 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I have never been more aggravated and angry and yet deliriously happy in my life. The three emotions all mixed into one is exhilirating and confounding all at the same time.

I guess many will look at this game and start moaning and whining about Doc, Rondo's passes, Hamilton's acting, Wallace being wide open for three all game, horrible late game decision making, Stuckey, how long the starters played, the officiating, the officiating, the officiating, the officiating, and oh by the way, the officiating.

I however have already danced a jig, moonwalked, did the running man, and break danced in celebration.

Forget the last 48 minutes and concentrate on the next 48 minutes.

What's done is done now let's go get it done.

FIVE MORE WINS UNTIL THE CHAMPAGNE GETS POPPED!!! GO CELTICS !!!

right back at ya nick, we might have some talks about beating a trap tommrow around here, but tonight, a win is a freaking win baby!

GO CELTICS!
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #376 on: May 29, 2008, 12:46:48 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

That was a close call ... but a win is a win. This team can be very frustrating to watch, and this was way closer than it should have been!

I'm giving TP's to everyone on this page in celebration of this awesome win! (Just give me a minute to get to ya!)

Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #377 on: May 29, 2008, 12:47:19 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Best thing is Rasheed after the game whining about the Celtics flopping and getting garbage calls. Does he know that Chauncey and Rip are on his team?

« Reply #378 on: May 29, 2008, 12:49:53 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Best thing is Rasheed after the game whining about the Celtics flopping and getting garbage calls. Does he know that Chauncey and Rip are on his team?

That was definitely classic Rasheed during that interview.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #379 on: May 29, 2008, 12:52:04 AM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Anyone else notice that Tony Allen was inactive for this game and Scal was activated?

Is there something going on with TA?

« Reply #380 on: May 29, 2008, 12:52:53 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

That was definitely classic Rasheed during that interview.

Yup ... and the bashing of the officials will most likely get him a fine ... 'Sheed's mouth has a life of it's own, and it's quite often his worst enemy.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #381 on: May 29, 2008, 12:56:53 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Anyone else notice that Tony Allen was inactive for this game and Scal was activated?

He's injured.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #382 on: May 29, 2008, 01:11:17 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
scal's leading us to the finals baby!

« Reply #383 on: May 29, 2008, 01:15:50 AM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

He's injured.

yeah, I just read on boston.com that he injured it goofing around with a few of the other guys ( most notable Rondo ) playing 21...... figures, you shouldn't be goofing around when your team is this deep into the playoffs.... man, if Rondo was the one that got hurt, we'd be in trouble with the full court pressure......

This shows their immaturity....... TA won't be back with this team next year...... he'll be out of the league within 2 years just like Gerald Green

« Reply #384 on: May 29, 2008, 01:25:35 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

He's injured.

yeah, I just read on boston.com that he injured it goofing around with a few of the other guys ( most notable Rondo ) playing 21...... figures, you shouldn't be goofing around when your team is this deep into the playoffs.... man, if Rondo was the one that got hurt, we'd be in trouble with the full court pressure......

This shows their immaturity....... TA won't be back with this team next year...... he'll be out of the league within 2 years just like Gerald Green

It's a shame, because I honestly like the kid, but I think you're absolutely correct.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #385 on: May 29, 2008, 01:30:13 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9

He's injured.

They were playing 21. Nothing wrong with playing basketball on non game days. Rondo shouldn't be playing but the other guys need to stay sharp.

« Reply #386 on: May 29, 2008, 01:55:34 AM »

Offline Aussie Celtic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 19
Wow, that was close and I would not have expected anything else.

These games are going down to the wire every time, plain and simple.

Detriot on Friday will be sizzling and we need to be able to handle the heat in the kitchen.

Love your work guys, I am one very happy Celtic fan.

Man this is one heck of a ride.

I haven't been this nervous since 1986.

Go the Green !!!!

Cheers

Aussie

« Reply #387 on: May 29, 2008, 02:28:23 AM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
I was at the game. It seemed to me Rondo never got his own offense going, he had an early miss, then never took any jump shots, and he was shaky with the layups. Still 13 assists, he did set up guys and they were hitting their shots which was great. It was really fun watching Perkins in the first half just finish every missed shot and force his way to most of the boards. Was also in awe of how good offensively Rip Hamilton is, wow.

As a sidenote, I thought the crowd was kind of lame, it felt like they expected the celtics to win without cheering them on. Only got loud with a few minutes left in 4th q. Not sure what other people thought. Some dude asked me to sit down during the 4th q, not sure he knew it was the playoffs...

« Reply #388 on: May 29, 2008, 03:43:04 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
Phew... phew... phew.

You guys can check out my game recap at this link.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #389 on: May 29, 2008, 07:35:11 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Hilarious. Someone needs to break it to Rahweed that the officiating crew, particularily Mauer, did everything in their power to get Deeeeeeetroit back in the ballgame.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."