Author Topic: ECF Game 5 Pistons at Celtics 5/28 8:30 PM ESPN  (Read 97905 times)

Re: ECF Game 5 Pistons at Celtics 5/28 8:30 PM ESPN
« Reply #360 on: May 28, 2008, 11:56:33 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Its a win which is what matters.

« Reply #361 on: May 28, 2008, 11:56:41 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
That's what we like to see, CELTICS BASKETBALL  ;D

*does a little dance* get down tonight!!!!!

One more to go!!!!!!!

Whooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #362 on: May 28, 2008, 11:59:25 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
For Friday night: Come up with a consistent plan to attack the zone pressure. Get a big - Garnett - in the middle of the floor or get Rondo some help from Ray or another guard - gulp, Sam? - to get a two-man attack against the pressure. Continue pounding the boards. Match up small on small with Posey with Flip when he makes the changes.

And attack the rim. Spread the floor and attack the rim. Spacing wasn't great at times tonight. Demand the officials call the fouls. Detroit fouls on every possession. Make them make the calls.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #363 on: May 29, 2008, 12:00:27 AM »

Offline DutchHoops

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
My doc says i can't sit thru 5 more wins like this, no sir. Need to calm down. Well tell it to Doc , doc...

« Reply #364 on: May 29, 2008, 12:05:51 AM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
Went through a rollercoaster of emotions on this one.  After playing so well in the 3rd, so many mental mistakes in the 4th.  Going to Pierce repeatedly and expecting a different result is just crazy.  KG not taking Prince down the block is another.  They also forgot about Ray in the 4th till the last couple of plays.  Perk's performance should have been the story of this game, instead we're talking of yet another 4Q breakdown and a near loss.

« Reply #365 on: May 29, 2008, 12:07:53 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Have to credit KG for hitting 6 clutch 4Q ft. Take that Sports Guy. ;)

Anybody not impressed by Rondo? The announcers raved about him but I saw 4 blown layups, numerous bad passes and a lot of poor decisions.

« Reply #366 on: May 29, 2008, 12:09:40 AM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Did ya see that ratfaced bastage Rip the Pip try to wreck Rays shooting hand finger with his eye? Dirty, dirty play... That mask should be outlawed, someone could get hurt out there  ;D

But seriously, just a bit giggity due to the release of emotions after that heart stopper of a 4th quarter discombobulated mess, orchestrated by Rondo... [dang]ed, pleanty for him to learn from in this one, of what not to do, as has already been said...

Whew...sigh....
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 12:15:15 AM by fan33 »
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #367 on: May 29, 2008, 12:13:02 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Rondo had his moments when he was distributing the ball very well.

The problem with his game is the wild, wild variations in his decision-making. He's struggling to string intelligent possessions together. I nearly had a stroke in the first half over the behind the back pass from the elbow. That's a bad play in junior high school, let alone in the ECF.

His passing in the fourth quarter was horrific - take those weak hook passes and save them for the playground -  and he still doesn't grasp the necessity to take the basketball directly to the rim. He's got a significant quickness advantage on a damaged Billups, and he's only using it once or twice a game.

The thing is, I don't know what the alternative is right now. Cassell looks done, like an ordinary beer league player.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #368 on: May 29, 2008, 12:14:27 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have never been more aggravated and angry and yet deliriously happy in my life. The three emotions all mixed into one is exhilirating and confounding all at the same time.

I guess many will look at this game and start moaning and whining about Doc, Rondo's passes, Hamilton's acting, Wallace being wide open for three all game, horrible late game decision making, Stuckey, how long the starters played, the officiating, the officiating, the officiating, the officiating, and oh by the way, the officiating.

I however have already danced a jig, moonwalked, did the running man, and break danced in celebration.

Forget the last 48 minutes and concentrate on the next 48 minutes.

What's done is done now let's go get it done.

FIVE MORE WINS UNTIL THE CHAMPAGNE GETS POPPED!!! GO CELTICS !!!

« Reply #369 on: May 29, 2008, 12:21:41 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Rondo had his moments when he was distributing the ball very well.

The problem with his game is the wild, wild variations in his decision-making. He's struggling to string intelligent possessions together. I nearly had a stroke in the first half over the behind the back pass from the elbow. That's a bad play in junior high school, let alone in the ECF.

His passing in the fourth quarter was horrific - take those weak hook passes and save them for the playground -  and he still doesn't grasp the necessity to take the basketball directly to the rim. He's got a significant quickness advantage on a damaged Billups, and he's only using it once or twice a game.

The thing is, I don't know what the alternative is right now. Cassell looks done, like an ordinary beer league player.

the problem is he's 22 and for all intents and purposes a first year starter.

This experience will pay off in spades down the road, but for now, were going to have to ride the roller coaster that is a kid with huge talent but not much big game experience being told;

"yea, we know you just turned 22, and have only really been our starter for a year, but uh...we need to win now, go out their and play at a championship level against the best, good luck kiddo!"

some times he's going to look great, sometimes he's going to look like a deer in the headlights.

Sit back and enjoy the ride  8)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #370 on: May 29, 2008, 12:22:07 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I have never been more aggravated and angry and yet deliriously happy in my life. The three emotions all mixed into one is exhilirating and confounding all at the same time.

I guess many will look at this game and start moaning and whining about Doc, Rondo's passes, Hamilton's acting, Wallace being wide open for three all game, horrible late game decision making, Stuckey, how long the starters played, the officiating, the officiating, the officiating, the officiating, and oh by the way, the officiating.

I however have already danced a jig, moonwalked, did the running man, and break danced in celebration.

Forget the last 48 minutes and concentrate on the next 48 minutes.

What's done is done now let's go get it done.

FIVE MORE WINS UNTIL THE CHAMPAGNE GETS POPPED!!! GO CELTICS !!!

You're preachin' the choir Nick.  It would have been a backbreaking loss if Detroit pulled it, but it goes in the book as a W, the same way it would if they won 100-0.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 12:36:19 AM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #371 on: May 29, 2008, 12:26:00 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I guarantee you, after Rip barely made it of the court with his life, he will be perfectly fine for game 6.

« Reply #372 on: May 29, 2008, 12:28:05 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I guarantee you, after Rip barely made it of the court with his life, he will be perfectly fine for game 6.

normally i'd agree since he flops so much, but rip wouldn't miss a pivotal stretch to look good crying...

somethings wrong with that elbow.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #373 on: May 29, 2008, 12:33:58 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
TP's for everyone on the page! [dang] I'm in a good mood and no amount of ripping apart every second and move and pass and shot of this game is going to stop that.

YEAH CELTICS!!!!!!!

An aside: Some say if all we did here was be cheerleaders and not be negative this would be a boring place. The hell with them.

YEAH CELTICS!!!! YAHOOOO!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEE !!!!!!

GLASSES AND BEER BOTTLES UP GUYS! A TOAST TO THE CELTICS!!!!

BOTTOMS UP!!!

yeh baby, yeh baby, yeh baby. we won, we won, we won. yeh baby, yeh baby, yeh baby..............

« Reply #374 on: May 29, 2008, 12:35:02 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I'm a huge Rondo fan, however I agree with criticism on his game tonight.  I was shocked to see the box score, and his 13:1 assist:turnover ratio tonight.  In my opinion simply a case of the numbers lying.  He has a lot of room to improve on for Game 6.  The whole team does, they need to watch the tape of that fourth quarter a few times through.  In Detroit, in an elimination game, they are going to have to execute almost flawlessly down the stretch to win that game.

What a thrilling game that was to watch, one win away from the show.  I can taste it it's so close.  Let's do it guys.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."