Author Topic: 2nd Round Game 3 Celtics at Cavaliers 5/10/08 8:00 PM ABC  (Read 87896 times)

Re: 2nd Round Game 3 Celtics at Cavaliers 5/10/08 8:00 PM ABC
« Reply #255 on: May 10, 2008, 11:00:50 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
this game remind me if that scene in "saving private ryan"..near the end when the guy is stickin that blade in that soldier and the whole time he is tell him..."sshhhh'...shhhhhh"...

I thought that was the most beautiful scene in the film.

what..?!....hell naw...!...what state u live in..?..i be best to stay out yo way...cause u crazy son..lol..

dude was on the stairs and coulda helped him..that was sad....not beautiful..tell me what was so cute bout that scene...?

« Reply #256 on: May 10, 2008, 11:04:48 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
That being said, he didn't put the team in the best position to succeed, either.  Playing Perk the entire 3rd quarter and sitting Powe and Posey, for instance, is one example of a poor decision by the coaching staff. 
I don't think that was a mistake. The team was making a run, they had cut the lead down to 12 with three minutes to go. I don't want Doc pulling people out when they're in the midst of making a run. Doc did the right thing letting the quarter play out.

The lead going into the third was, what, 17?  And they had cut the lead by 5 points in nine minutes?  (I thought the closest they got it was 14, but if that dipped to 12, I'll take your word on it.)  That's not exactly a run.  Perk was playing pretty poorly (even if that doesn't show up in the box score), and Posey has been one of our top three players tonight.  It's silly not to have found any time for him.
They were down 19 at the half, 52-35.

The Celtics had held the Cavs scoreless for almost two minutes and the C's were on a 7-0 run between the 5 minute mark and the 3 minute of the third when they pulled the game within 12.

Posey has been great and Powe very good and I agree Perk wasn't good tonight .... but I want the Head Coach to let that unit to continue on and see where it goes.

Unfortunately it went the other way with a 7-1 run by Cleveland. Then Posey came in.

« Reply #257 on: May 10, 2008, 11:05:23 PM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.
I have very little to say about the game, but I got to vent.

- It sucked so bad.

- Cassell sucked, Rondo sucked, Pierce sucked, Allen sucked, the cavs suck and they beat us.

- I thought DWest would have at least one good game against us, this was it.

just a crappy crappy game. not one good thing to feel about it.

« Reply #258 on: May 10, 2008, 11:06:40 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
That being said, he didn't put the team in the best position to succeed, either.  Playing Perk the entire 3rd quarter and sitting Powe and Posey, for instance, is one example of a poor decision by the coaching staff. 
I don't think that was a mistake. The team was making a run, they had cut the lead down to 12 with three minutes to go. I don't want Doc pulling people out when they're in the midst of making a run. Doc did the right thing letting the quarter play out.

The lead going into the third was, what, 17?  And they had cut the lead by 5 points in nine minutes?  (I thought the closest they got it was 14, but if that dipped to 12, I'll take your word on it.)  That's not exactly a run.  Perk was playing pretty poorly (even if that doesn't show up in the box score), and Posey has been one of our top three players tonight.  It's silly not to have found any time for him.

The Celtics had held the Cavs scoreless for almost two minutes and the C's were on a 7-0 run between the 5 minute mark and the 3 minute of the third when they pulled the game within 12.

Posey has been great and Powe very good and I agree Perk wasn't good tonight .... but I want the Head Coach to let that unit to continue on and see where it goes.

Unfortunately it went the other way with a 7-1 run by Cleveland. Then Posey came in.

They cut it to 12 and had the ball.  Rondo missed one in the paint (one of the few he took in the paint that wasn't swatted - or caught!).  That was the ballgame right there.
Yup

« Reply #259 on: May 10, 2008, 11:07:41 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
No overreaction... I would trade Allen, Rondo, and my soul for Allen Iverson...

« Reply #260 on: May 10, 2008, 11:08:26 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
this game remind me if that scene in "saving private ryan"..near the end when the guy is stickin that blade in that soldier and the whole time he is tell him..."sshhhh'...shhhhhh"...

I thought that was the most beautiful scene in the film.

what..?!....hell naw...!...what state u live in..?..i be best to stay out yo way...cause u crazy son..lol..

dude was on the stairs and coulda helped him..that was sad....not beautiful..tell me what was so cute bout that scene...?

I'm with you there Bass...Talk about a big time choke
Yup

« Reply #261 on: May 10, 2008, 11:08:44 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

52 minus 35 = 17.

I guess my thought is, when a player clearly isn't playing well, why have him in there, even if the unit itself is okay?  Taking your numbers as accurate, prior to that 7-0 run, that means the Celts were outscored by 2 points in the first seven minutes of the third.  That lineup was playing so well that Doc couldn't make an adjustment?

Regardless, as I said, Doc didn't cost us this game.  He just made his usual questionable decisions.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #262 on: May 10, 2008, 11:09:40 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108

The same AI who is already 'gone fishin' after being swept in the playoffs?

« Reply #263 on: May 10, 2008, 11:09:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
nickagneta, didn't you said that you're going to sleep ? ;)

Here is 4:50 AM and I'm watching Boston get hammered. I must be crazy

I'm too freaking aggravated. Just looking at the box score and counting the amount of players that had horrible games.

Pierce, Allen, Rondo, Cassell(maybe worst in a Celtic uni), Powe(nothing on the boards tonight), Brown and Perk for the first quarter.

When 7 of your top nine players in your rotation are playing as bad as they possibily can, I don't see what adjustments can be made by a coach. Everyone sucked. No adjustment was going to work.

Eddie House did nothing to justify that he needs to be out there.
Baby is just too immature to even attempt putting him in.
Tony Allen is just lost out there whenever he is given minutes.
Scal is not dressed for a reason.(Sorry BT, I know he's your boy but just keeping it real)

« Reply #264 on: May 10, 2008, 11:12:19 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

The same AI who is already 'gone fishin' after being swept in the playoffs?

Nope, the Allen Iverson who can still take over games and GET TO THE LINE. Not his fault the rest of his team (hmhm Melo, Camby, Martin) all have zero heart and are soft as hell.

« Reply #265 on: May 10, 2008, 11:12:42 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Come on, Nick, that's not really fair, and I expect that you know it.  House hasn't gotten any significant time in 9 1/2 games, and you're going to judge his effectiveness on five minutes of play at the end of a blowout?  If he was rusty, that's fair.  At least he hustled and moved the ball.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #266 on: May 10, 2008, 11:14:28 PM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
Not another road letdown!  Arghh!!    >:(  

Just got to tune midway in the 4th.  If the starters aren't up for it, sit their asses down.  I don't care if we lose by 40 or 50.  It's all the same to me.  Whatever message is supposed to have been sent and understood is apparently not being received and understood well enough.          

« Reply #267 on: May 10, 2008, 11:16:04 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

Come on, Nick, that's not really fair, and I expect that you know it.  House hasn't gotten any significant time in 9 1/2 games, and you're going to judge his effectiveness on five minutes of play at the end of a blowout?  If he was rusty, that's fair.  At least he hustled and moved the ball.

Historically Eddie House has been terrible in the playoffs in general. There's a pretty good reason why no team has ever really played him in the post-season. He isn't very good there. Even while playing with other guards like Nash and Kidd he just doesn't do enough for him to justifiably be on the court.

« Reply #268 on: May 10, 2008, 11:16:43 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412

52 minus 35 = 17.

I guess my thought is, when a player clearly isn't playing well, why have him in there, even if the unit itself is okay?  Taking your numbers as accurate, prior to that 7-0 run, that means the Celts were outscored by 2 points in the first seven minutes of the third.  That lineup was playing so well that Doc couldn't make an adjustment?

Regardless, as I said, Doc didn't cost us this game.  He just made his usual questionable decisions.
52-35 is 19 points in my world of bad math, 17 points you're spot on. My apologises.

I wouldn't change the unit if it's on a run. Let it play out even if one member of the unit is playing poorly. It disrupts the rhythm when you make a change. Now I have Posey out on the three point line instead of Perk inside. Disruption, it's an unneccessary risk. It's worth seeing if the unit can maintain their run.

As for the first seven minutes that was just akward timing. If it had have gone another minute you probably would have seen changes but it didn't. Change it before then? Could have. I don't like that many quick changes but he could have. Just akward timing, that more than anything else.

That was a good decision by Doc and I know you didn't say Doc cost us the game. I just don't think it was questionable, it was a good decision, period.

« Reply #269 on: May 10, 2008, 11:18:21 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
it's kool nick....but it aint over and he may get that call...