Author Topic: 2nd Round Game 3 Celtics at Cavaliers 5/10/08 8:00 PM ABC  (Read 87897 times)

Re: 2nd Round Game 3 Celtics at Cavaliers 5/10/08 8:00 PM ABC
« Reply #240 on: May 10, 2008, 10:47:53 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
the team is playing a lousy game,plain and simple,but the coach is suppose to recognize when he need/should make changes,and Doc waits to long usaully or not at all.

« Reply #241 on: May 10, 2008, 10:48:59 PM »

Offline KeepDWest

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 24
Anyone else notice that Rondo has no assists and has taken the most shot attempts on the team.....

The Cavs are daring him to shoot while staying home on everyone else.... it doesn't seem as though we are going anywhere if Rondo can't hit the midrange jumper....

maybe if doc wasnt yanking him around and putting in a 38 year old scrub he'd have a little more confidence
"and when I let them carry me to the cemetary i wanna be buried with a pocketful of clarity" - slug

« Reply #242 on: May 10, 2008, 10:50:52 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
pity full...

« Reply #243 on: May 10, 2008, 10:51:03 PM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
nickagneta, didn't you said that you're going to sleep ? ;)

Here is 4:50 AM and I'm watching Boston get hammered. I must be crazy

« Reply #244 on: May 10, 2008, 10:51:37 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
That being said, he didn't put the team in the best position to succeed, either.  Playing Perk the entire 3rd quarter and sitting Powe and Posey, for instance, is one example of a poor decision by the coaching staff. 
I don't think that was a mistake. The team was making a run, they had cut the lead down to 12 with three minutes to go. I don't want Doc pulling people out when they're in the midst of making a run. Doc did the right thing letting the quarter play out.

The lead going into the third was, what, 17?  And they had cut the lead by 5 points in nine minutes?  (I thought the closest they got it was 14, but if that dipped to 12, I'll take your word on it.)  That's not exactly a run.  Perk was playing pretty poorly (even if that doesn't show up in the box score), and Posey has been one of our top three players tonight.  It's silly not to have found any time for him.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #245 on: May 10, 2008, 10:53:56 PM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
That being said, he didn't put the team in the best position to succeed, either.  Playing Perk the entire 3rd quarter and sitting Powe and Posey, for instance, is one example of a poor decision by the coaching staff. 
I don't think that was a mistake. The team was making a run, they had cut the lead down to 12 with three minutes to go. I don't want Doc pulling people out when they're in the midst of making a run. Doc did the right thing letting the quarter play out.

We had the lead down to 12 and a fastbreak attempt going and Rondo completely butchered it by not hitting a streaking Garnett that would have cut it to 10. Everytime we made a run and had some mometum we made ridiculously stupid plays.

The lead going into the third was, what, 17?  And they had cut the lead by 5 points in nine minutes?  (I thought the closest they got it was 14, but if that dipped to 12, I'll take your word on it.)  That's not exactly a run.  Perk was playing pretty poorly (even if that doesn't show up in the box score), and Posey has been one of our top three players tonight.  It's silly not to have found any time for him.

« Reply #246 on: May 10, 2008, 10:54:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Oh one last thing. If Tom Thibodeau gets the credit for the great defense then he should be taking some serious, serious heat for the complete lack of defense during these 4 road games.

It depends. 

Who is in charge of getting the players up to play on the road? 
First and foremost, the players.

And after they haven't done it themselves for three games on the road?

If players can't motivate themselves to show up for playoff games then the coach is helpless. Period. End of story. wd, you hate Doc. I understand that, but you're completely wrong on this particular aspect of his fault. The players need to have the sack to get up for the game. If they can't, Red, Phil Jackson, Larry Brown and Dean Smith all combined won't be able to do it for them. Players need to come to play.

That's the reason why KG hasn't been a no show in these road games. He's always self motivated to the point of obsession. Sad that some of that isn't rubbing off on his teammates.

« Reply #247 on: May 10, 2008, 10:54:51 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
Posey and KG has been the only consistent players  in this series,why have Posey sitting when its obvious Pierce or Ray are both not playing well.

« Reply #248 on: May 10, 2008, 10:54:51 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
paul and ray and rondo off the bench...posey house and sammy start..

« Reply #249 on: May 10, 2008, 10:55:23 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
this game remind me if that scene in "saving private ryan"..near the end when the guy is stickin that blade in that soldier and the whole time he is tell him..."sshhhh'...shhhhhh"...

I thought that was the most beautiful scene in the film.

« Reply #250 on: May 10, 2008, 10:55:34 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Anyone think we should maybe start Posey over Ray? I don't know, but maybe atleast that would wake his ass up.

Oh, and I cannot stand mark jackson riding LeBron's jock. Pretty [dang] annoying.

« Reply #251 on: May 10, 2008, 10:55:46 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I turned it off with 3 and a half minutes to go.  Are they winning yet? ::)
Yup

« Reply #252 on: May 10, 2008, 10:58:41 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
we didnt even make it an interesting game.It was over after the 1st qtr

« Reply #253 on: May 10, 2008, 11:00:32 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Oh one last thing. If Tom Thibodeau gets the credit for the great defense then he should be taking some serious, serious heat for the complete lack of defense during these 4 road games.

It depends. 

Who is in charge of getting the players up to play on the road? 
First and foremost, the players.

And after they haven't done it themselves for three games on the road?

If players can't motivate themselves to show up for playoff games then the coach is helpless. Period. End of story. wd, you hate Doc. I understand that, but you're completely wrong on this particular aspect of his fault. The players need to have the sack to get up for the game. If they can't, Red, Phil Jackson, Larry Brown and Dean Smith all combined won't be able to do it for them. Players need to come to play.

That's the reason why KG hasn't been a no show in these road games. He's always self motivated to the point of obsession. Sad that some of that isn't rubbing off on his teammates.

25 more points allowed on the road.

Yes, the players have to motivate themselves.

when they don't the coach better light that fire under them.  Doc hasn't. 

Good coaches know how to press the buttons. 

« Reply #254 on: May 10, 2008, 11:00:33 PM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
They NEED to turn around things next game. Show some spirit and find winning formula for away games.

And why not making some little adjustments? Like putting one bencher in 1st q if necessary? Do some mixup until you find gelling