Author Topic: 2nd Round Game 3 Celtics at Cavaliers 5/10/08 8:00 PM ABC  (Read 87269 times)

Re: 2nd Round Game 3 Celtics at Cavaliers 5/10/08 8:00 PM ABC
« Reply #270 on: May 10, 2008, 11:19:04 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
When we lost in Atlanta it was because Doc wasn't playing Perks and Rondo enough. Now, he's playing them too much.

Leave Doc alone! ;D

« Reply #271 on: May 10, 2008, 11:19:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Eddie House did nothing to justify that he needs to be out there.

Come on, Nick, that's not really fair, and I expect that you know it.  House hasn't gotten any significant time in 9 1/2 games, and you're going to judge his effectiveness on five minutes of play at the end of a blowout?  If he was rusty, that's fair.  At least he hustled and moved the ball.
You're probably right Roy, it's not fair. But, if House comes out and hits those 3 shots, maybe Doc needs to take another look at things. Every time he has been given time he has missed his shots. He would have been brought in for more offense and he has yet to prove he can do it after sitting so long. Not all his fault but he needs to prove he can light it up now and he's not doing that.

« Reply #272 on: May 10, 2008, 11:24:00 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Come on, Nick, that's not really fair, and I expect that you know it.  House hasn't gotten any significant time in 9 1/2 games, and you're going to judge his effectiveness on five minutes of play at the end of a blowout?  If he was rusty, that's fair.  At least he hustled and moved the ball.

Historically Eddie House has been terrible in the playoffs in general. There's a pretty good reason why no team has ever really played him in the post-season. He isn't very good there. Even while playing with other guards like Nash and Kidd he just doesn't do enough for him to justifiably be on the court.
I think Eddie House is probably done for this year's playoffs.

It'll be very hard to come in after 10 games. He hasn't played competitive minutes in 25 days. Before that game he hadn't played for a week. That's one game in over a month. I think he's done.

It's going to be very hard for Eddie House to match this playoff intensity, regain his fluidity on the floor next to his teammates, and regain his form in one game. Remember it's not only Eddie who hasn't played in the last month on the floor, his teammates haven't played with him also. Just can't trust that. The reliability he offered? Is that really still at this point? Doubt it.

Eddie's done. Doc should leave him on the end of the bench now. It's gone too far.

« Reply #273 on: May 10, 2008, 11:27:30 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Historically Eddie House has been terrible in the playoffs in general. There's a pretty good reason why no team has ever really played him in the post-season. He isn't very good there. Even while playing with other guards like Nash and Kidd he just doesn't do enough for him to justifiably be on the court.
I think Eddie House is probably done for this year's playoffs.

It'll be very hard to come in after 10 games. He hasn't played competitive minutes in 25 days. Before that game he hadn't played for a week. That's one game in over a month. I think he's done.

It's going to be very hard for Eddie House to match this playoff intensity, regain his fluidity on the floor next to his teammates, and regain his form in one game. Remember it's not only Eddie who hasn't played in the last month on the floor, his teammates haven't played with him also. Just can't trust that. The reliability he offered? Is that really still at this point? Doubt it.

Eddie's done. Doc should leave him on the end of the bench now. It's gone too far.

Probably all true.  I'm just puzzled why it got to this point in the first place, especially with no adjustments made down the stretch of the regular season to get players adjusted to their new playoff roles.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #274 on: May 10, 2008, 11:33:22 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
this team and their stars have not made their bones in this league yet ........ like Bird did in the '81 eastern conference finals vs philly with the three straight 4th quarter comebacks ...... or game 4 in '84 ...... or Cowens finally vanquishing the knicks and then outlasting kareem and the bucks in '74.

this group - lead by garnett & pierce - have not faced down the playoffs yet. they may yet do it this year - hopefully - and the road struggles will make it all the sweeter if they do. i have some faith in garnett ultimately proving himself - but less in pierce.

it may take a season of failure for this group to become a better playoff team - it took that for the Cowens & Bird teams. it may also take one more key addition to get over the hump - like an athletic, scoring shooter to be a great 6th man. time will tell.

i just [dang] sure want this group to add a couple of banners before they are finished - and keep the Lakers at 14.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 11:40:52 PM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #275 on: May 10, 2008, 11:36:34 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Eddie needs to play more and this is the perfect series to play him because he can guard the Wests and Gibsons of the world (more so than Billups or any of the West's incredible PG's).

Cassell needs to play for longer stretches IMO on the road to get into more of a rhythm. Rondo has shown he is not ready to take shots on the ROAD. Yes Cassell will miss shots but he is a better shooter and is not afraid to shoot on the road. I can live with some miss shots but doing whacky things out of your character is not something I can live with.

Another thing is when LeBron is not playing....go to Pierce.

One more thing....get KG on the block.

Oh another thing is get the Big 3 more shots.

Also....the C's need to start guarding ppl on the road....it's becoming ridiculous.

None of the Cavs role-players seemed like they missed any shots....they're not that good...sorry.

« Reply #276 on: May 10, 2008, 11:44:37 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
we also said atl wasnt good but they took it to 7..

« Reply #277 on: May 11, 2008, 01:18:04 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
Well, we have a series now. You guys can check my Game 3 recap at this link.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

"We were outcoached? Ya think?
« Reply #278 on: May 11, 2008, 11:37:50 AM »

Offline overeasy

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
I read the Globe and Doc says, "We were outcoached?"  You kidding me?  Can you imagine for a minute ANY other coach admitting that?  Not something I think Red would have ever admitted to...  And Pierce says essentially the same thing about himself?

You guys wanna win?  Then act like.  I'm not big on the modern aphorisms, but I'll say this;  Man up!

It's so funny.  All this swagger and in-your-face crap looks pretty silly when you go out and place like a mid-major college team.

And I have no truck with the home-away crap.  Look, 40 years ago, when going "on the road" meant long bus trips and less than ideal hotels, it might have mattered.  But today, with players coddled like baby boys from the minute they enter college, this is totally ridiculous.

Of course, it may be the players are so in need of adulation that the big cheers are, in the end, the ONLY thing that can motivate them.

Finally, from what I've seen, this is no championship team.  Too bad.

overeasy

« Reply #279 on: May 11, 2008, 01:08:10 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Anyone think we should maybe start Posey over Ray? I don't know, but maybe atleast that would wake his ass up.

Oh, and I cannot stand mark jackson riding LeBron's jock. Pretty [dang] annoying.

They should definitely try starting Posey over Ray Allen on the road.....probably not at home

Reasons:

1.  Ray can handle it
2.  It might just p--- him off a tad, which would be good for him
3.  There's no need to be so protective of the Big 3 concept.  It's all about the team right now, or should be.  Let's not have any sentimentality in the
      decision making
4.  It would be good to snuff out Lebron at the beginning of games on the road
5.  We haven't won a road playoff game yet....gotta try something to shake things up
6.  Ray is cold as ice.....missing by a lot.

« Reply #280 on: May 11, 2008, 02:22:48 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
getting outcoached by mike brown...the cleveland fans would die laughing from this, because most of them have little respect for brown and would want nothing more than for him to be fired.

but for doc to say that is embarrassing...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #281 on: May 12, 2008, 06:13:40 AM »

Offline tammer

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Win on the road?  I'll take play on the road.  One good road game, win or lose, and I'll feel a heck of a lot better.  If Rondo cannot find his offense against Gibson or West, and Ray cannot defend or get a shot off against Wally, the Celts are not good at the guard positions.  Wally is long and will play tight at the perimeter.  Obvious move against an old 3 point shooter coming off double ankle surgery.  So, Ray, can you take him to the basket or not?  That's a huge part of the series.  That will open others up, and open your own shot up.  That's like Paul v. LeBron.  He can either win his match-up or not.  Pierce has the toughest match-up and is holding his own.  KG is winning his.  Everyone else is losing.  Perkins is losing to Z, Cassell and Rondo are losing to West, and Ray is losing to Wally.  I can see Perk having trouble with Z.  I could see a tie at the point.  Celts should own the 2 and 4.  That is the key to their winning.  If Posey has to start over Ray so be it.  Posey can take Wally head to head and will be bored while shutting him down on defense.  The worry was if Z could add a few points, can LaBron carry them.  Paul has seen to it that the answer is no.  Paul can keep LaBron in check and play him pretty even.  That should be it, Celts in 4 or 5.  I did not see them winning the 1, 2, and 5.