Author Topic: Cavs (3-3) at Celtics (3-4) Game 8 11/14/14  (Read 81652 times)

Re: Cavs (3-3) at Celtics (3-4) Game 8 11/14/14
« Reply #585 on: November 14, 2014, 10:34:32 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Stevens was brain dead ......or following some pre formulated lineup that is stupid

He had very poor floor feel for this game tonight.

Game loss is on Stevens .....he has KO playing out of his mind ....and trying to do something different ?.......

Why not ...not play the law of average .....I though he was analytical ......any dummy can see the play is to keep Sully and KO attacking ......

I'm stumped .....did the man have a seizure

Very very very ..poor coaching during the last quarter .

« Reply #586 on: November 14, 2014, 10:40:29 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Bizarre lineups in the fourth quarter.
I have no idea what Stevens was thinking.

I'm starting to wonder if Stevens ever thinks at all lol ;D.  He's sure got some 'splainin to do ;D.

« Reply #587 on: November 14, 2014, 10:40:38 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Sad part is I'm not that upset because when the third quarter ended I was certain they were going to lose the game. Young team with a young coach = falling apart, choking.

Until Brad figures out what players can finish off a game and coaches much better this is going to be a common theme.

« Reply #588 on: November 14, 2014, 10:43:50 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
This is a young team. Young teams often find it hard to close games. Growing Pains.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #589 on: November 14, 2014, 10:45:09 PM »

Offline Schintzius

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 68
Sad part is I'm not that upset because when the third quarter ended I was certain they were going to lose the game. Young team with a young coach = falling apart, choking.

Right there with you.  As great as that 3rd quarter was, you could just tell there was going to be a Cavs run, or the Cs would implode.  Turns out both of those things happened.

Regardless, I was very, very impressed with KO.  That drive to the hoop midway through the third was exactly what he needs to do.  I want to see him MAD, not goofy.

« Reply #590 on: November 14, 2014, 10:45:24 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
This is a young team. Young teams often find it hard to close games. Growing Pains.

doesnt help when you ice our best scorers and put rondo on lebron in isolation of a tied game.....

« Reply #591 on: November 14, 2014, 10:45:28 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Yes. This reminds me of Celtics circa 2005-2006.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #592 on: November 14, 2014, 10:47:38 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
it tees me off to no end, that OUR announcers (Kyle Draper/Jessica Moran,etc) keep referring to Lebron as "King" James....Get out of here with that crap----Don't we get enough of it from ESPN--?

Really, a guy who Quit on 2 different teams after big losses----?   STOP___!!

>:(
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #593 on: November 14, 2014, 10:57:02 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
How do you guys think that Turner played tonight?  I liked what he did out there, and 12 points, 3 rebounds, and 5 assists in 26 minutes off the bench is nothing to turn your nose up at.  Even though we lost, I loved our assist total of 34, especially to 14 turnovers, and no one committed more than 3 of them, so that's a definite improvement.  I'll take what I can get at this point.  Btw, I love how Joe Harris is getting calls as a rookie (sarcasm).  Wow :o
Turner had his moments but wasn't thrilled with his 4th quarter performance.

I hate watching him and I don't understand why he was in down the stretch.  The Cavs were going small?  Fine.  I don't care.  Olynyk needed to be in the game there.

Anyways, we played pretty well.  Don't want to be too down.

I do like Stevens overall but the way he messes with line ups at times I don't care for.  I'm not sure what he is seeing in Turner.  Or some others of you are.  I think he overdribbles and absolutely kills offensive flow in what otherwise is a pretty dang good offense with nice ball movement.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #594 on: November 14, 2014, 10:59:15 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Stevens was brain dead ......or following some pre formulated lineup that is stupid

He had very poor floor feel for this game tonight.

Game loss is on Stevens .....he has KO playing out of his mind ....and trying to do something different ?.......

Why not ...not play the law of average .....I though he was analytical ......any dummy can see the play is to keep Sully and KO attacking ......

I'm stumped .....did the man have a seizure

Very very very ..poor coaching during the last quarter .

Stevens is not a real coach....

« Reply #595 on: November 14, 2014, 11:01:16 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3061
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

doesnt help when you ice our best scorers and put rondo on lebron in isolation of a tied game.....
this one kills me its was tied up with like 30 seconds and we put Rondo on an island on him smh
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #596 on: November 14, 2014, 11:11:38 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Ugh. I'm trying to be patient with this young team, but tonight's result was discouraging—especially considering they blew a big lead in their previous game. Blowing a 19-point lead in one quarter? SMH.

I did have a feeling before the game that the "struggling" Cavs would find their groove against the Cs—because stuff like that just seems to happen a lot against Boston. I'm sure it happens just as much to other teams, but it seems like it happens more often to the Celtics—mediocre players have big games (Anthony Morrow), opponents cease their losing streaks, etc.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #597 on: November 14, 2014, 11:17:06 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
How do you guys think that Turner played tonight?  I liked what he did out there, and 12 points, 3 rebounds, and 5 assists in 26 minutes off the bench is nothing to turn your nose up at.  Even though we lost, I loved our assist total of 34, especially to 14 turnovers, and no one committed more than 3 of them, so that's a definite improvement.  I'll take what I can get at this point.  Btw, I love how Joe Harris is getting calls as a rookie (sarcasm).  Wow :o

I hate watching him and I don't understand why he was in down the stretch.  The Cavs were going small?  Fine.  I don't care.  Olynyk needed to be in the game there.

I do like Stevens overall but the way he messes with line ups at times I don't care for.  I'm not sure what he is seeing in Turner.  Or some others of you are.  I think he overdribbles and absolutely kills offensive flow in what otherwise is a pretty dang good offense with nice ball movement.

I certainly want to see good ball movement, but offense isn't this team's problem—you shouldn't lose when you score 121 points.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #598 on: November 14, 2014, 11:36:50 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I like him because of his offensive versatility.  Yes, he can be frustrating to watch at times, but when he gets the ball within 15 feet of the basket, he's pretty automatic, and I wish that we had gone to him in the post when he was being covered by Irving, who simply went off once Rondo was out of the game.  Attacking the guy who has it going can definitely take away from his offensive energy, and Kyrie is a pretty poor defensive player.  Getting back to Turner, though, now that I think about it, he should have taken the last shot, seeing as he's the only guy who can create his own offense.  Duh. 

Also, in addition to Turner being in the game without Rondo, I really felt that there was a crucial point of the game where Stevens had AB as his point guard :o.  Hello!!!  Ugh, that was terrible, and Bradley threw away another pass down the stretch.  Seriously bro, do you even coach? ;D

« Reply #599 on: November 15, 2014, 12:05:43 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I like him because of his offensive versatility.  Yes, he can be frustrating to watch at times, but when he gets the ball within 15 feet of the basket, he's pretty automatic, and I wish that we had gone to him in the post when he was being covered by Irving, who simply went off once Rondo was out of the game.  Attacking the guy who has it going can definitely take away from his offensive energy, and Kyrie is a pretty poor defensive player.  Getting back to Turner, though, now that I think about it, he should have taken the last shot, seeing as he's the only guy who can create his own offense.  Duh. 

Also, in addition to Turner being in the game without Rondo, I really felt that there was a crucial point of the game where Stevens had AB as his point guard :o.  Hello!!!  Ugh, that was terrible, and Bradley threw away another pass down the stretch.  Seriously bro, do you even coach? ;D
Stevens also has to pull back the reigns of Tuner taking 3's. He took 2 tonight and missed both badly.  He's a mid-range shooter, 12-18 feet.

Rotations generally tonight were puzzling at times both in front court and backcourt.