Author Topic: The Newsroom  (Read 7871 times)

Re: The Newsroom
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 11:11:27 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
I like it. Don't love it, but like it. And any show that  has a Rudy takeoff can't be all bad.

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 11:15:57 AM »

Offline fugazzi24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 17
I watched the first two episodes and found myself disliking a lot of the characters.  The show is very preachy and tries to be to smart, I think it will probably get better with time but I am not going to be watching.    I never really enjoyed West Wing or any of Sorkin's other shows so I guess this style of TV is not for me.

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 12:23:08 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Unfortunately, the opening 5 minutes was the high point of the series.  I've seen the pilot in full and parts of other episodes, but just can't get sucked in to keep watching, and the critical reviews aren't exactly forcing me to give it another shot, to say the least.  Most of the characters are self-important and self-righteous.

The rapid fire witty banter literally doesn't stop, ever (one of Sorkin's faults, as seen in The Social Network).  The show has some good parts to it, but when I saw the previews, I was expecting much more than what we got.

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 12:25:54 PM »

Offline Bombastic Jones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 53
Walk with me ....

I love it.  I think Daniels acting is amazing and I love Charlie too.

The dialogue, pace, and theme are similar to West Wing but I think that is  good thing.  I totally agree that it is preachy, but when I go to The Church of Sorkin that is what I expect and want.  I also agree that it can come across as corny, but I am cool with that.  Overall it is 'smarter' than most shows in that it is covering real events and using real numbers to back up arguments or opinions.

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 06:29:55 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
[url]v[/urlhttp://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/01/aaron-sorkin-hiring-conservative-newsroom-consultants/
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 02:39:15 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
ihmo sorkin is repeating himself ... his shows are too similar