Author Topic: NBA investigating Lakers for any potential contact with Ben Simmons (Merged)  (Read 5528 times)

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Am I the only one that is tired of this new practice of these players reaching out to members of other teams for tips? Or whatever it is they are getting?

I am with Giannis on this one...you should not befriend an opponent... Ben Simmons problem is shooting..Magic is not going to teach him to shoot..Get in the gym and practice.

Most of this stuff is publicity seeking.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 09:08:41 PM by Donoghus »

Re: Now Ben Simmons wants to 'get together' with Magic Johnson
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 06:56:54 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
I believe Simmons is a client of Klutch.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 07:00:05 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
He is and he's friends with Lebron. 

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 07:05:20 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Wouldn't be shocked if the league put the kibosh on this especially given recent events.

You're talking about a GM who was once fined 500K for tampering.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 07:07:32 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
NBA starting to become a joke
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 07:10:04 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Wouldn't be shocked if the league put the kibosh on this especially given recent events.

Adam Silver is a joke if he doesn’t prevent this.

A guy under contract with one team meeting with an executive of a rival team?

Danny Ainge should reach out to Anthony Davis directly. You know, so that they can talk about opening a Chipotle franchise together in Boston. But there definitely would be no conversations about the Celtics.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 07:11:57 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

The Sixers, Lakers and the league would need to agree.  It is not surprising that he'd want Magic's advice on how to be a better PG. 

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 08:12:27 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

The Sixers, Lakers and the league would need to agree.  It is not surprising that he'd want Magic's advice on how to be a better PG.

It is total BS. I agree with all who think the NBA is fast becoming a joke.

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 08:25:53 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
He is and he's friends with Lebron.
And dating a Kardashian

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 08:49:02 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

I think that if left to his own devices, Silver isn't one to cause controversy. However, NBA owners by nature are competitive - it's part of the reason many have amassed the wealth to be able to buy an NBA team. There's going to be push-back and it's going to come from the owners. If Silver doesn't want to do it, his tenure as commissioner may well be a lot shorter than he expects.

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 09:14:15 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

I agree the NBA needs a new commissioner and a good old fashion long-lasting lockout. If not for anything else but to find out exactly who is driving the bus.

Are we going to have an NBA where players turn away from the teams/cities that signed and invested in them, to play for a team with their buddy on it? Are the players going to be in charge of building teams?  Or are the owners and franchises? 

This started with the great Carpetbagger jumping from team to team in search of that "golden ring" that anoints him the greatest of all time.

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 09:37:47 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

I agree the NBA needs a new commissioner and a good old fashion long-lasting lockout. If not for anything else but to find out exactly who is driving the bus.

Are we going to have an NBA where players turn away from the teams/cities that signed and invested in them, to play for a team with their buddy on it? Are the players going to be in charge of building teams?  Or are the owners and franchises? 

This started with the great Carpetbagger jumping from team to team in search of that "golden ring" that anoints him the greatest of all time.
The current system is fine.  NOP had 7 seasons to build a good team around AD.  Cleveland had 8 seasons to build around Lebron.  The best players being stuck on bad teams for their career is not in the best interest of the league. 

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 09:40:10 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

I think that if left to his own devices, Silver isn't one to cause controversy. However, NBA owners by nature are competitive - it's part of the reason many have amassed the wealth to be able to buy an NBA team. There's going to be push-back and it's going to come from the owners. If Silver doesn't want to do it, his tenure as commissioner may well be a lot shorter than he expects.
Don't tell that to Sixers fans.  They'd happily burn Silver in effigy over foisting the Colangelos on them. 

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 09:46:07 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

yeah they need to reel in these players before they destroy the league....
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 12:14:53 AM by Ogaju »

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 09:56:29 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

The current system is fine.  NOP had 7 seasons to build a good team around AD.  Cleveland had 8 seasons to build around Lebron.  The best players being stuck on bad teams for their career is not in the best interest of the league.

Players honoring their contracts is, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes