Poll

It's the Summer of 2019 (or sometime in the future, like 2020 Trade Deadline). AD rejects the supermax deal, and wants out. Pelicans taking offers for AD but they 100% want Tatum from the Celtics in the deal. Would you (Ainge) still do it?

Yes
61 (59.8%)
No
24 (23.5%)
I Don't Know (Yet)
17 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Author Topic: If needed, should Ainge actually put Tatum in package for AD? Nope, walk away.  (Read 24514 times)

Re: Must keep Tatum
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2019, 02:39:11 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think we would be trading a Kobe type talent

Trade him now, haha.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Must keep Tatum
« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2019, 03:17:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Haywards salary doesn't fit in the trade machine in that scenario.  NO will surely demand Williams for post play and because of salary we will probably lose Rozier and Morris to free agency.

Common knowledge and certainty doesn't apply when dealing with Kyrie
Okay then. Book it. It's a certainty that if Davis is traded for Kyrie will already be signed.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
saw something that reported Lakers are being axed for at least TWO first round picks and to take on player debt, along with giving up players

thats the last things Magic wants to do .  he wants cap space and picks to trade this summer for the third star.

nO hitting them with a gut punch

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
saw something that reported Lakers are being axed for at least TWO first round picks and to take on player debt, along with giving up players

thats the last things Magic wants to do .  he wants cap space and picks to trade this summer for the third star.

I don't think that asking for an additional late round pick and taking back the one year left on Solomon Hill's contract really moves the needle that much for either team.  The Lakers should do that in a heart beat, and NOP should do a deal for better assets.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Thats the last things Magic wants to do. He wants cap space and picks to trade this summer for the third star.

He could use Sacramento as a place to drop that salary for Randolph/Shumpert/Koufos.

I read that report as well, but I don't know if it's trustworthy. There's so much nonsense floating around.

If it is true, there's a big hurdle, but a way to fix that. Getting Davis for a combination of two of Ball/Ingram/Kuzma/Zubac and two late first rounders (and an additional asset to compensate the Kings in my example) would be a great trade for the Lakers.

I don't understand some franchises, why do you care so much about a bad one-year-contract of Solomon Hill or Chandler Parsons, that you force other teams to take them on when trading your star player and as a result receive less assets and clear cap space which you can't use to sign a star player anyway, since you go into a rebuild.