Author Topic: Where do you go for a date?  (Read 14244 times)

Re: Where do you go for a date?
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 606
Cow tipping. Is there anything so romantic?
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2009, 07:13:18 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
She texted me on my way home from the office tonight, out of nowhere says, "We need to make a list of things we want to do this summer."  She gave some insight, ie Red Sox game, Mystic Aquarium, Boston/Newport attractions, Six Flags.  Maybe she is turning over a new leaf, lol, instead of leaving me always asking, "What do you want to do?" and I get "I don't know." or "you're the guy, you should figure it out."

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2009, 07:28:14 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
She texted me on my way home from the office tonight, out of nowhere says, "We need to make a list of things we want to do this summer."  She gave some insight, ie Red Sox game, Mystic Aquarium, Boston/Newport attractions, Six Flags.  Maybe she is turning over a new leaf, lol, instead of leaving me always asking, "What do you want to do?" and I get "I don't know." or "you're the guy, you should figure it out."

big thing to remember is its not what you do, its who you're doing it with - if you like each other and all, it won't matter where you go, often times the best night out is a night in
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2009, 09:02:33 PM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
As some have already mentioned, try taking her to something like a symphony (some can be really enjoyable-I'm probably as unlikely a person to go to one of those, but I still enjoyed them), orchestra or a ballet or something.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2009, 10:57:43 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I've been thinking back to the relationship that I was in when I was 18 - 22 or so.  We never really went on many "dates."  We didn't have that much money, but we weren't dirt-poor or anything.  Movies, occassionally.  Lived in a small town, but that's just an excuse.

When I look back on it, it was really just that we didn't have common interests.  We finally broke up (one of the smartest things I've ever done; the stupidest was date the same person all the way through college).

When I met my wife, though, it was just completely different.  What I liked to do, she liked to do.  New things that I found I enjoyed, she tended to as well (and vice versa).  There are some exceptions, but we'd find ourselves wanting to see the same movies, go to the same stores, go to different restaurants and try new foods, do the artsy stuff, the museums and plays and concerts and all of that.

Without wanting to be a downer, it kinda seems to me that finding something to do together SHOULDN'T be a problem, if you're inherently compatible. 

Nice assessment on the world of dating. Many people are together who don't enjoy each other's company. The days when I was a high school lad, and had a girlfriend, I would rack my brain around dates and activities. However, the fact was that she and I had minimal common interest. I would usually end up dedicating my time with her to some burdensome activity. It's easy for us guys to become interested in girls who are not fun, interesting, intelligent, or exciting. Most attractive girls don't have to reply in anything other than sentence fragments to still sucker us in. But hey, that's what the dating world is all about!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 11:10:50 PM by KungPoweChicken »

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2009, 11:07:27 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
tahiti in dedham mass...but im ghetto
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2009, 07:50:07 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
did you take her on a date yet? was there any  :-*  :-* or perpaps did it turn into  :'( when  :-X happened instead of  :-* leaving you  ??? then  :-\ .... or maybe did things go well and you saw her  :o leaving you  ;D and then in the morning you wore  8) to show how darned cool you are?
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2009, 08:27:47 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Summer: Splitting a twelver on the back porch.
Winter: Splitting a twelver by the fireplace.