Author Topic: Too Early To Talk 2010 NFL Draft?  (Read 2659 times)

Too Early To Talk 2010 NFL Draft?
« on: February 01, 2010, 01:29:12 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
Pats pick #22, 44, 47, and 53 (as well as others).

#22-Brandon Graham DE Michigan, had a great senior bowl, and impressed all week. has shortcomings (short arms) but can do what pats need most, get after the passer.

#44-Ryan Matthews - RB Fresno State, re-sign either morris or taylor, faulk is the third down guy, but this guy would be the RB of the future. his main downfall is that he does not catch the ball, but pats need someone who can run it.

#47-Demaryius Thomas - WR Georgia Tech, has the size (6-3) and speed. played in a fun first GTech offense, but still put up decent numbers. pats need help with an aging moss and an injured welker.

#53-Rob Gronkowski TE Arizona, pats got next to nothing out of the TE spot last year. watson is gone (and he stinks). At 6-6 Gronkowski would help in the red zone, plus he can block. tons of holes all over the Defense too, but I see the pats trying to replenish the offense here, and hoping some of the young guys already on the team improve next year.

thoughts on my picks? I hope no one "mocks" me! would love to hear thoughts on the pats draft or any other team out there, as I know we have fans of a lot of different nfl teams on board here (just as long as we all agree on the same NBA team)

:)

and no, thinking nfl draft does not mean i am giving up on the 2010 C's.....just letting my mind wander.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

Re: Too Early To Talk 2010 NFL Draft?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 01:32:20 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
The PAts should really draft Dexter McCluster.

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 01:36:41 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
The PAts should really draft Dexter McCluster.

really, really like him. they have no one on the roster who can take a short pass or toss, and go 60 yards. they need a HR hitter. however, they need an every down back and he is not it, not at 165 lbs. i think they need to take the back of the future, and unfortunately, pass on mccluster. he will be a very good player though, whether it is rb or wr.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 01:42:46 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

#22-Brandon Graham DE Michigan, had a great senior bowl, and impressed all week. has shortcomings (short arms) but can do what pats need most, get after the passer.

#44-Ryan Matthews - RB Fresno State, re-sign either morris or taylor, faulk is the third down guy, but this guy would be the RB of the future. his main downfall is that he does not catch the ball, but pats need someone who can run it.

#47-Demaryius Thomas - WR Georgia Tech, has the size (6-3) and speed. played in a fun first GTech offense, but still put up decent numbers. pats need help with an aging moss and an injured welker.

#53-Rob Gronkowski TE Arizona, pats got next to nothing out of the TE spot last year. watson is gone (and he stinks). At 6-6 Gronkowski would help in the red zone, plus he can block. tons of holes all over the Defense too, but I see the pats trying to replenish the offense here, and hoping some of the young guys already on the team improve next year.

thoughts on my picks? I hope no one "mocks" me! would love to hear thoughts on the pats draft or any other team out there, as I know we have fans of a lot of different nfl teams on board here (just as long as we all agree on the same NBA team)

and no, thinking nfl draft does not mean i am giving up on the 2010 C's.....just letting my mind wander.

wouldnt Graham be an OLB for the pats?  havent they proven/explained multiple times that their olb's need to be bigger.  isnt he 6'1?  they pass on olb's all the time because of a lack of size -- he would be no different (right or wrong).

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 01:44:26 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton

wouldnt Graham be an OLB for the pats?  havent they proven/explained multiple times that their olb's need to be bigger.  isnt he 6'1?  they pass on olb's all the time because of a lack of size -- he would be no different (right or wrong).

they may move him outside, but they have to get to the Qb. last year was a joke. they got no pressure, except the Buffalo game, and they arguably had the worst oline in the game.

i think they have to change their thinking and get guys who produce, even if they do not fit their template. you may be right, but i think he would be a steal at #22.

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 01:47:46 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
I said this elsewhere

Ricky Sapp - OLB Clemsom

Mike Iupati - OG Idaho

Toby Gerhart - RB Stanford

Brandon LaFell - WR LSU

A pass rushing, hard hitting OLB, the best OG in the draft, a tremendous workhorse RB and a huge, outside speed, downhill pass catching WR
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 01:54:18 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
I said this elsewhere

Ricky Sapp - OLB Clemsom

Mike Iupati - OG Idaho

Toby Gerhart - RB Stanford

Brandon LaFell - WR LSU

A pass rushing, hard hitting OLB, the best OG in the draft, a tremendous workhorse RB and a huge, outside speed, downhill pass catching WR

do not think iupati gets out of the first round. versatile, may even move to tackle. lefell will be a good one....would like that pick. must admit i do not know a ton about sapp. gerhart intrigues me.