Author Topic: When did Bradley become a chucker?  (Read 22798 times)

Re: When did Bradley become a chucker?
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2013, 01:49:55 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Honest opinion: Avery seems to be thinking about his next contract. Its like he's screaming "I'm not just a defender, I can be an offensive force too!" except that last part really isn't working out like he'd hoped.

If he were doing that, I think he would be benched.  His shots with more than a few seconds left on the shot clock look to me as if they are usually within the flow of the offense.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2013, 02:06:03 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Honest opinion: Avery seems to be thinking about his next contract. Its like he's screaming "I'm not just a defender, I can be an offensive force too!" except that last part really isn't working out like he'd hoped.

If he were doing that, I think he would be benched.  His shots with more than a few seconds left on the shot clock look to me as if they are usually within the flow of the offense.

I agree.  I missed a majority of tonight's game, but I've seen most of the other ones, and I feel like Avery's been taking mostly good shots so far this season.  I'd prefer to see him make more, not shoot less. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2013, 02:28:55 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I hate that AB is missing the shots but he has the "word" that Green needs! I don't WANT AB shootin this much but Green will take 6 shots as our "best" player... someone has to shoot! Green is so sad it hurts me! Seriously, guys like PP, KoMe, and Broid shoot 20 shots no matter how they are shooting, you gotta be willing to miss to make!! Ticks me off!! UGH!!

Combine that with, as previously mentioned, zero assists in five games, and wow.  Just wow.  I completely agree with you on Green, unfortunately.  He just isn't that type of player, and that's okay as a lower tier option on a contender, but he's certainly not someone you'd want to build around.  Still, I had no idea that Bradley took 22 shots, although it felt like it at times.  The only other guy who wanted to shoot was Courtney Lee, and it was embarrassing to see KO's dunk blocked.  Throw it down, big man, throw it down  ;D 

Side note - yes, Marshon Brooks looked bad tonight, but I do feel for the guy.  We're down by close to 30 in the first half and he still couldn't get in the game until the end.  Is he really that bad of a player?  I missed what Mike said about him possibly going overseas - did anyone catch that?  I know youtube mixes are misleading, but what happened to this dude? -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCLNHjFW4Lw

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2013, 05:48:51 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I hate that AB is missing the shots but he has the "word" that Green needs! I don't WANT AB shootin this much but Green will take 6 shots as our "best" player... someone has to shoot! Green is so sad it hurts me! Seriously, guys like PP, KoMe, and Broid shoot 20 shots no matter how they are shooting, you gotta be willing to miss to make!! Ticks me off!! UGH!!

Combine that with, as previously mentioned, zero assists in five games, and wow.  Just wow.  I completely agree with you on Green, unfortunately.  He just isn't that type of player, and that's okay as a lower tier option on a contender, but he's certainly not someone you'd want to build around.  Still, I had no idea that Bradley took 22 shots, although it felt like it at times.  The only other guy who wanted to shoot was Courtney Lee, and it was embarrassing to see KO's dunk blocked.  Throw it down, big man, throw it down  ;D 

Side note - yes, Marshon Brooks looked bad tonight, but I do feel for the guy.  We're down by close to 30 in the first half and he still couldn't get in the game until the end.  Is he really that bad of a player?  I missed what Mike said about him possibly going overseas - did anyone catch that?  I know youtube mixes are misleading, but what happened to this dude? -

MarShon is shooting worse than Pressey on the year. Ouch.

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2013, 07:43:30 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bradley had been playing well, let's reserve judgement to see if this becomes a pattern.

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2013, 07:47:12 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I think his main problem is his lack of athleticism, which obviously hurts him in many aspects of the game. Even in that video, you can see how slow he moves and how he doesn't have much lift. To his credit, he's a very slick one on one player which helps him create and get his shot off.

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2013, 08:28:07 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I feel like he's always been a bit of a gunner.

His issues since he first started playing is that he continues to jack up shots even if his night isn't going right.

Gotta realize sometimes that you gotta make other plays sometimes when the shot isn't falling

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2013, 08:30:57 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Bradley had been playing well, let's reserve judgement to see if this becomes a pattern.

When two seasons ago?

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2013, 08:37:14 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I really like Bradley, but what he's been doing on offense has annoyed the heck out of me since last season.

I have no problem with his shooting, I don't consider him a bad shooter as some around here insist on. His main problem is, and has always been, poor shot selection, and now you add to that how he has been doing his best No Pass Bass impression, and it just leads to a disaster.

Consider, we have the 3 most selfish offensive players by a wide margin in our starting unit, and you can see why it isn't working out.

It was working out earlier in the season because Jordan Crawford was taking 3 or 4 shots a game, and moving the ball... but no longer, the real Crawford has stood up, and we're screwed because of it for the time being (to the delight of some of course).

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2013, 08:40:58 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm sure that he's being coached to shoot more. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2013, 08:45:17 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
To be fair, Bradley is very often the guy who ends up holding the hot potato at the end of the shot clock. He also frequently takes the inbound as time is running out on the quarter. Last night he shot at least three prayers just because somebody had to put it up.

If someone on this team has to be shooting jumpers off screens, and apparently they do, I think Bradley or Green is my first choice.

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2013, 08:45:36 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yup. His usage is up from 19 to around 25. He's taking 4 more shots per 36 minutes. He's being coached to attack and go for his offense more this year.

He only took 8 and 5 shots in the two games prior to the Minnesota/Houston games where he shot 23 and 22 shots.

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2013, 08:48:26 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Same with Sully and all the threes.

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2013, 08:53:44 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Same with Sully and all the threes.

You make it sound as if Sully is out there bombing 3s left and right. So far this season he's only taken more than two 3-pointers in 2 games. In those two games, he went 2-4 and 2-3.

I know people don't like bigs shooting 3s, but it's drawing more attention than it really needs.

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2013, 09:01:28 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
It's because no one wants to shoot. Lol

Yeah, bingo.  No point guard and hardly anybody on the team who is comfortable in a primary scoring role.

yep
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet