Author Topic: The Only Silver Lining  (Read 827 times)

The Only Silver Lining
« on: February 28, 2010, 04:32:46 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Count me as an optimist; however, yesterday's loss was embarrassing (so much so that I couldn't even bring myself to come here yesterday). 

I don't think it's necessarily time to throw in the towel yet; however, things are starting to look bad. 

The only think I think we can really take away from this is that HOPEFULLY this loss humiliates the Celtics enough to light a fire under their butts.   

Re: The Only Silver Lining
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 04:39:45 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I was thinking the only silver lining to this is that our draft position keeps improving.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 04:58:08 PM »

Offline pengaloo

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 76
A day removed from the Nets game and I think among the dozens of negatives, there are a few positives:

-We are capable of competing and playing with intensity at the end of games. Unfortunately, yesterday's run came way too late to make any kind of difference.

-KG can still score at the basket. His game isn't limited to mid/long range shots.

-Rondo, who usually disappears in the 4th quarter, wasn't totally ineffective at the end of this game - he ran the fast breaks well and broke down defenses. Again, it was too late.

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 05:18:37 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I don't think the Celtics season is going to be turned around from a negative.

I think it will take a succession of small positives (ugly wins), build some momentum together and lead into something great (large win streak and return of early season Celtics).

The Celtics have already had so many setbacks and poor performances. So many failures. I don't see another one having a different effect than any of the previous mishaps. It will need to be done through slow small positive steps.