Author Topic: When did the Celtics stop using common sense?  (Read 10671 times)

Re: When did the Celtics stop using common sense?
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2009, 02:55:26 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Why was Rondo throwing a no look pass at Ray Allens knees? Why wasn't there a foul called on Pierce's drive? why didn't ray's three go down? Who knows or cares. We can start fresh tonite

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2009, 03:01:16 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
Why was Rondo throwing a no look pass at Ray Allens knees? Why wasn't there a foul called on Pierce's drive? why didn't ray's three go down? Who knows or cares. We can start fresh tonite

I don't get this post, the whole point is we're not just talking about the basketball Gods here (shots not going in, ref not calling fouls) we're talking about the Cs intentionally running down the clock in a 2 for 1 situation. 

Yes tonight we start at zero and try to even the series, and this thread will disappear into the night, but it's not like we're complaining about events beyond the control of man here  ???

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2009, 05:50:11 PM »

Offline GeoDim

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 22

I don't get this post, the whole point is we're not just talking about the basketball Gods here (shots not going in, ref not calling fouls) we're talking about the Cs intentionally running down the clock in a 2 for 1 situation. 

Yes tonight we start at zero and try to even the series, and this thread will disappear into the night, but it's not like we're complaining about events beyond the control of man here  ???
Thank you for being one of the only people who understood the point I was trying to get across.  TP

Shots don't always fall but you have to overcome the adversity with good coaching and decision making...which was obviously not present at the end of game 1.

But now, we look forward to game 2 and hope that the Celts come out harder and smarter.

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2009, 06:29:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Why did Marbury never set foot on the court after the 2nd quarter? Doc drove the team into the ground with the replacements. He's so stupid sometimes with subbing methods.
Because Marbury played well, but Rondo is still more important to our team. Luck of the draw for Steph -- this team's primary goal will always be to get Rondo going, and any backups will have to live with the scraps of playing time that are left.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."