Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Round 1 Game 1 4/18/15  (Read 82630 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Round 1 Game 1 4/18/15
« Reply #525 on: April 19, 2015, 04:46:08 PM »

Online j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3061
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
This is why you tank. What the hell is the point of this execution? Stevens should be fired this is an embarrassing moment to a once proud franchise. Just give up now. Walk off the court and give the series to Cleveland and save the fan base the embarrassment.
youre disgusting. You should give up being a fan now. walk off...
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #526 on: April 19, 2015, 04:46:17 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
We could have been picking in the top 5. But nooo we had to make Stevens happy. This is embarrassing!
Like last year, yeah? How's Marcus Smart working out for you, he's mashing the Cavs singlehandedly out there, isn't he?

Banks 2.0 was the wrong pick. Should have taken Randle or traded up for Exum. Both have super star ceilings. The one we are stuck with is currently getting abused by Kyrie and has the ceiling of Tony Allen and the floor of Banks.

« Reply #527 on: April 19, 2015, 04:46:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I like this Celtics team.  It's hard to watch them get run over like this, knowing there's really not much they could do.

Need some real players.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #528 on: April 19, 2015, 04:46:23 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Star players win in this league. It's nice that we maxed this team out but this is as good as this group of players gets.
Yup.  It's not possible for a team of nobodies to beat a team of superstars. Maybe in college but never in the NBA.  If we lose one of these 4 games by less than 10 I'll be impressed.
overstated, incorrect. it is indeed IMPROBABLE for the underdog to win, but not impossible. that is one thing that makes sports fun to watch.

celtics played very well for while and contained the cavs, save for kyrie unconscious shoting. they need to extend that play.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #529 on: April 19, 2015, 04:46:26 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The sad part is that the Cavs aren't even playing all that well.

Not visibly, but they are getting some really tough threes to fall and a LOT of 2nd chance lay-ups off of poor first attempts. You eliminate those two things (which obviously you can't), and we may have the lead.

For us to get a win or two, Stevens needs to find a way to clean up those rebounds and we will just hope, collectively, that Irving and company don't continue to be the 2nd coming of Ray Allen/Korver/Curry from three.

« Reply #530 on: April 19, 2015, 04:46:27 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
C's O and D are both horrible for the quarter.

That's all the Irving and James all star team needs. Is a slight leak in the dam , and they'll bust the game wide open.

:-X
sadly, that's the case. 

C's need to play an almost flawless game to beat them.

figured Cavs would take this one but was hoping the C's wouldn't look like they were coming apart at the seams

« Reply #531 on: April 19, 2015, 04:46:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Love how all of the negative nancies come out now  ::)

Where were they the first half? In a corner hoping the Cavs blow us out. Then they call themselves "Celtics fans".
Yeah, I don't even know why they are fans. A lot of them just wait until the bad stuff starts happening then hop on here. Embarrassing.

Some people would rather BE RIGHT than WIN.

TP.....a lot of quitters on here

Glade our players don't think this way

« Reply #532 on: April 19, 2015, 04:46:51 PM »

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
This is why you tank. What the hell is the point of this execution? Stevens should be fired this is an embarrassing moment to a once proud franchise. Just give up now. Walk off the court and give the series to Cleveland and save the fan base the embarrassment.
the only thing embarrassing is ur posts.

« Reply #533 on: April 19, 2015, 04:46:51 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
It's not even fun watching these games when the officiating is this lop-sided. It'd be a fairly officiated game outside of Lebron and Kyrie, but they get soooooo much leeway from the refs it's astonishing.

Comes with the territory. Best player in the world at home.

At this point the refs won't make much of a difference when their offense is this hot.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #534 on: April 19, 2015, 04:46:58 PM »

Offline Blaze4G

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
Love how all of the negative nancies come out now  ::)

Where were they the first half? In a corner hoping the Cavs blow us out. Then they call themselves "Celtics fans".
Yeah, I don't even know why they are fans. A lot of them just wait until the bad stuff starts happening then hop on here. Embarrassing.

Even if the odds are against us, I believe true fans should always be optimistic and believe we can do it. Even if the odds gives us a .000001% chance. From there is a possibility I will keep rooting for them.

In 2008 when Celtics were down 24 in game 4 of finals, these so called "fans" must have been throwing in the towel for that game.

« Reply #535 on: April 19, 2015, 04:47:19 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Lebron with the limp

he's getting old quickly, that's it.

I expect Brad Stevens to make some adjustments for game 2.

This is almost over.

« Reply #536 on: April 19, 2015, 04:47:35 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Do you honestly think that 15 competitive guys would try to on purposely lose? We already traded two of our best players in the season, we tried to tank.

Don't blame the players for trying to play hard and win. Because that's what they wanted to do. If you want to root for players who's okay with losing, go root for the Washington Generals.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #537 on: April 19, 2015, 04:47:50 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
The sad part is that the Cavs aren't even playing all that well.
47.5% from the field. 44% from 3. All above their season averages. How are they not playing that well?

« Reply #538 on: April 19, 2015, 04:47:50 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Thomas is bringing it defensively :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #539 on: April 19, 2015, 04:47:51 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I like this Celtics team.  It's hard to watch them get run over like this, knowing there's really not much they could do.

Need some real players.
yep. but for me, being a fan is being a fan. i dont not watch or give up loving the team because they are over matched. hard as it is, i enjoy the celtics even tonight. i watch the small moment sna derive joy....such as just watching lebron be shut down and losing the ball.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva