Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Round 1 Game 1 4/18/15  (Read 82642 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Round 1 Game 1 4/18/15
« Reply #660 on: April 19, 2015, 05:09:02 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Seriously, this is so hard to watch. Sooooo lop-sided. Stevens really needs to publicly call it out. That's the only way it will change. The league doesn't want that reputation.

And it's pretty crazy that our best two players today have been KO and Smart, a 2nd year player and a rookie.
Thats what you want out of the series though. I want our young kids to play well get experience that should help them next year in there development.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #661 on: April 19, 2015, 05:09:12 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Seriously, this is so hard to watch. Sooooo lop-sided. Stevens really needs to publicly call it out. That's the only way it will change. The league doesn't want that reputation.

And it's pretty crazy that our best two players today have been KO and Smart, a 2nd year player and a rookie.

Calling out the refs when your team is woefully overmatched is a loser move.  I would be pretty disappointed in Stevens if he did that.

Just acknowledge that the other team is better and move onto Game 2, 3, 4.  Then move onto what you're going to do in the off-season to try and get closer to being good enough.

So you're saying the officiating has been fair today?

« Reply #662 on: April 19, 2015, 05:09:50 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
In other news...

I like Sully's new haircut.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #663 on: April 19, 2015, 05:09:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I hope he does.

Smart's been one of our better players all year. Good sign of things to come!
the reality is the league doesn't care.  this is how it's been for 2 decades practically

I know, it's just really crappy from a fan's perspective to have to sit here and watch it unfold like this. That is unless you happen to be a Cavs fan.
they may have a different perspective if they have to play a western team with stars as well

« Reply #664 on: April 19, 2015, 05:09:51 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Please stop blaming the refs.  They are a vastly superior team.

Perhaps we're watching different games. Lebron and Kyrie are held to a much different standard by the refs than the rest of the players out there.
Come on. We are getting outplayed by a much better team. No need to look for excuses.

We shouldn't even be in the playoffs this year and they are title contenders.  It's what happens.

LeBroid and Irving are superstars.

The Cavs aren't a great team, they have lots of talent, though. And the refs are paving the way for their win. It's disgusting how they help a vastly superior team.

The Cavs are only title contenders because of superstar calls. They don't belong with the Spurs or even the Warriors.

« Reply #665 on: April 19, 2015, 05:09:54 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
This officiating is CRIMINAL!

Stop blaming the refs. The Celtics are facing a real NBA team. Maybe if we tank for the next year or two it's something we could resemble.
Your constant negative posts are getting annoying. Can you please just enjoy the run?
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #666 on: April 19, 2015, 05:10:07 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Finally Sully is on the floor.
Wonder whether we can read anything into him not playing much?

« Reply #667 on: April 19, 2015, 05:10:08 PM »

Offline shrinkage36

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
We need to cut it to 7 by the 5 minute mark.

« Reply #668 on: April 19, 2015, 05:10:10 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Kyrie is unbelieveable..
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #669 on: April 19, 2015, 05:10:14 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Calling out the refs when your team is woefully overmatched is a loser move.  I would be pretty disappointed in Stevens if he did that.

Just acknowledge that the other team is better and move onto Game 2, 3, 4.  Then move onto what you're going to do in the off-season to try and get closer to being good enough.

So you're saying the officiating has been fair today?

I'm saying that the officiating has been far less a factor in the score than the difference in talent between the two teams.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #670 on: April 19, 2015, 05:10:23 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
IT showing why he's not the answer at PG

Hes got a big heart but he's a borderline NBA player. Reason why he was taken last in his draft. If he was 6'2 he would be a star

That's the stupidest comment I've ever read. So the guy who's getting ready to be named the Sixth Man of the Year is a "borderline NBA player"? Pass the hash, brah.

I agree...I'll tell ya, we should have a litmus test on the game, and an age requirement to get on this forum. Some of the statements are embarrassing.

« Reply #671 on: April 19, 2015, 05:10:36 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
I'm pretty sure the Cavs payed off Bradley to suck. He hasn't been this bad in a LONG time.

« Reply #672 on: April 19, 2015, 05:10:40 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
AB has been worse than useless today

« Reply #673 on: April 19, 2015, 05:10:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Avery Bradley, the defensive stopper who doesn't know how to handle the PnR.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #674 on: April 19, 2015, 05:11:01 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Ah, refs swallowed the whistles, again. Jae Crowder was hacked.

We could have been picking in the top 5. But nooo we had to make Stevens happy. This is embarrassing!
Like last year, yeah? How's Marcus Smart working out for you, he's mashing the Cavs singlehandedly out there, isn't he?

Banks 2.0 was the wrong pick. Should have taken Randle or traded up for Exum. Both have super star ceilings. The one we are stuck with is currently getting abused by Kyrie and has the ceiling of Tony Allen and the floor of Banks.
Of course. And when the 5th pick from this season sucks, he'd be the "wrong pick" too. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Not hindsight for me. I've been telling it like it is all year that he was the wrong pick.

And if we get the wrong pick this year, what then?

Still better than this execution

Yeah, because relying on luck is more important and a better approach than REAL, ACTUAL PROGRESS. Jpotter is right. Pass the hash on the left hand side...

You're right. Progress is getting blown out by 20+ instead of the 30 we would have been drilled by last year. Progress is getting to the playoffs because all the other teams below you aside from Indiana Charlotte and Brooklyn tanked harder than you. Yes...Progress

And luck always is on our side, right? I mean, it's not like we didn't try to tank for a top 5 pick last year and ending up not getting it.

What you fail to realize is we are 23-11 after the All-Star break, with a team that doesn't have a superstar. We have the assets and cap room to ADD A SUPERSTAR to this squad who managed to be one of the best teams in the East in the second half of the season.

You're so shortsighted that you're calling everything that will happen in the next few years based on this series, playing against arguably a top 3 team league wide. You fail to see that the team has been constantly, AND RAPIDLY improving, all while still having enough assets to add more to the team moving forward. Instead you're using this game 1 blowout as a reason to call the year as a failure, while completely ignoring that a team without a superstar achieved something great this year, and there's still a ton of room to improve MUCH, MUCH MORE.

There's a ton of uncertainty with tanking, but you can't deny real progress. Well, apparently, in your case, you can.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace