Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2015-16 thread: League is LIVE on Yahoo! Go there!  (Read 169879 times)

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Am I correct that the offseason rosters on the 10thumbs website is not correct/updated?

Yeah sorry they don't reflect the 7 trades announced yesterday. I'll try and get to it tonight...

No need to apologize --- I was going to start sending out trades but wanted to confirm whether I was looking at the right thing or not.

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2015-16 thread: The offseason is nigh!
« Reply #346 on: September 10, 2015, 01:11:34 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Am I correct that the offseason rosters on the 10thumbs website is not correct/updated?

Yeah sorry they don't reflect the 7 trades announced yesterday. I'll try and get to it tonight...

No need to apologize --- I was going to start sending out trades but wanted to confirm whether I was looking at the right thing or not.

Only apologized b/c I said I'd do it last night, but darn a 3-year-old can wear ya out (ended up watching 3 episodes of "The League".... and I don't even like that show)

(an aside -- has anyone else ever seen that show? Are they not the lamest fantasy players ever? 8 (!) team league?!? And they act like setting your lineup in fantasy football is the hardest thing to figure out week-to-week... I want to like it b/c of the fantasy angle and I like a few of the actors as comedians (via the Comedy Bang Bang podcast) but it's so sophmoric...)

Reminder that the 2nd post in this thread has an updated list of the offeseason trades.

2015 Offseason Trades

1. Juggernauts trade Kentavious Caldwell-Pope --> Beantown Cocksmiths trade Dion Waiters, #17 pick

2. Webskins trades #4 pick --> Beantown Cocksmiths trade #10, 16 picks, Jrue Holiday, Larry Sanders

3. Beantown Cocksmiths trade 2015 picks #11, 12 --> Thundering Herd trade 2015 pick #5

4. Eja trades David Lee and #27--> Toine Boys trade 2016 1st and 2nd rounders.

5. Eja trades #8 pick, Iman Shumpert --> Juggernauts trade 2016 1st & 2nd round picks, Tony Snell

6. Eja tradeds Wes Mathews, 39 & 40 --> Kwhit trades 2016 #1 & #2.

7. Eja trades Gerald Green, Patrick Beverly, 19, 34 --> GC trades Chase Budinger, 23, 2016 GC #1, #2

8. Eja trades #3, James Young, Mason Plumlee --> The Utah Flash send: Derrick Favors, Harrison Barnes, UF 2016 1, and UF 2016 2

9. Birdman trades Patrick Patterson and 2015 35th pick --> Walker Wiggle trades 2016 1st pick

10. Toine's Boys trade #27 --> Yall Hate trades Tony Allen

11. Bad Dream Team sends J.J. Redick and 2015 pick #33 --> I Hate You WW sends Jarrett Jack and JaVale McGee
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2015-16 thread: The offseason is nigh!
« Reply #347 on: September 10, 2015, 02:43:31 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Only apologized b/c I said I'd do it last night, but darn a 3-year-old can wear ya out (ended up watching 3 episodes of "The League".... and I don't even like that show)

(an aside -- has anyone else ever seen that show? Are they not the lamest fantasy players ever? 8 (!) team league?!? And they act like setting your lineup in fantasy football is the hardest thing to figure out week-to-week... I want to like it b/c of the fantasy angle and I like a few of the actors as comedians (via the Comedy Bang Bang podcast) but it's so sophmoric...)

The League started off pretty funny but lately has devolved into a hot mess of rehashed jokes, attempts to get low-quality catchphrases to stick, and celebrity cameos.  I mostly hate the last one, since part of the big joke should be that the league is incredibly important to the people in it but totally meaningless to everyone else.  But it turns out the NFL world really does revolve around their dumb league  :-\

They're all terrible fantasy players too, but that ideally should also be part of the joke - they're obsessed with winning but so wrapped up in their little world that nobody really figures out they're all horribly incompetent (except Taco, they all know he's lousy).

Anyway that concludes my thesis on the "The League" television program.

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Carlos Boozer and his agent are slow playing the market. At this point I'm willing to trade him to the first guy that offers me a pick or any younger player that I wouldn't cut outright.

Anybody want to take a flyer? I fully expect him to be fantasy relevant at some point this season.

14-15: 11.8 points on 49.9% shooting 6.8 rebounds 1.3 assists last season.

• Rajon Rondo
All quiet before the rookie draft??

Taking offers on anyone for the rest of the day....

Al Jefferson
Anthony Morrow
Danny Green
Gerald Green
Gorgui Dieng
Greivis Vasquez
Isaiah Canaan
Julius Randle
K.J. McDaniels
Kemba Walker
Khris Middleton
Marcus Morris
Nikola Vucevic
Patrick Beverley
Russell Westbrook
Ty Lawson
Zaza Pachulia

Pick #19
Pick #34

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Hey commish, the Yahoo site still has us playing a 20 week schedule with the same opponent in week 1 + 20.  Is this just a temporary thing or are we not able to implement the new schedule setup?

• Rajon Rondo
Hey commish, the Yahoo site still has us playing a 20 week schedule with the same opponent in week 1 + 20.  Is this just a temporary thing or are we not able to implement the new schedule setup?

The last 3 teams only signed-up/joined yesterday and i couldn't edit (or see) the schedule at all until the league was full.

I just noticed that Yahoo! wisely made Fantasy Week 16 a 14-day matchup --- basically merging actual NBA Weeks 16 & 17 (the 1-2 games (4 days) pre-Allstar game + 6-day All-star break + the 1-3 games (4 days) after the ASB).

So we have 2 options -- this might be a little confusing, note the difference between matchups, Fantasy Weeks and NBA actual Weeks:

1. Play a 20-matchup/Fantasy Week season:
-- Our fantasy season would span 21 actual calendar weeks b/c of the 2-week Week 16.
-- This would mean that the week 1 and 20 matchups are the same
-- The playoffs start a week later: NBA week 22 instead of NBA week 21 (March 21 instead of March 16 last year);
-- Week 23 (finals) will be 10 days (NBA Weeks 24 & 25) -- this is a Yahoo setting.

(EDIT in this option there are 154 total NBA games in what would be our fantasy league finals (week 23 (actual week 24) and 376 total NBA games in the full playoffs)

2. Play a 19-matchup
/Fantasy Week season
-- Like last year, our fantasy season would span 20 actual calendar weeks (b/c of the 2-week Week 16)
-- Every team plays every other team 1 time only
-- The playoffs start on NBA Week 21 (Fantasy week 20) like last year (March 14 this year, March 16 last year)
-- Week 22 (finals) woudl be a regular 7-day matchup -- this is a Yahoo setting.

(in this option there are 114 total NBA games in what would be our fantasy league finals (week 22 (actual week 23) and 332 total NBA gamesin the full playoffs )

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 12:41:05 PM by Gainesville Celtic »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Yeah I remember you mentioned the combined ASG weeks, which is a great, great change.  Those two weeks were always pretty goofy.

I strongly prefer Option 2 - a true round-robin and the playoffs start the same time they always have.

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Yeah I remember you mentioned the combined ASG weeks, which is a great, great change.  Those two weeks were always pretty goofy.

I strongly prefer Option 2 - a true round-robin and the playoffs start the same time they always have.

Yea I like option 2 as well.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If anyone would want to explain their reasons for their opinions (possibly in a pm if needs be) between these two options I'd be open minded. I'm having a hard time formulating mine

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Basically everyone is available - willing to pair up older talent to bring back a young player to aid in my rebuild. Let me know if you're interested - but know that I'm not great at counteroffers.

Arron Afflalo
Brandon Bass
DeMar DeRozan
Gary Harris
George Hill
Jason Thompson
John Jenkins
Jordan Hill
Kyle Lowry
JJ Redick
Luis Scola
Paul Millsap
Solomon Hill
Thaddeus Young
Wilson Chandler
Pick #14
Pick #33
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
If anyone would want to explain their reasons for their opinions (possibly in a pm if needs be) between these two options I'd be open minded. I'm having a hard time formulating mine

Mentioned it in my post, but I prefer Option 2 because:

- it's the same 20 week schedule, it just condenses the two weird short All-Star Break weeks into one match.  Those weeks used to be a pretty big crapshoot.

- our old schedule was slightly imbalanced where everyone played 1 team twice.  Having an easy or hard opponent in that slot could have a real impact on making the playoffs, seeding, lotto standing, etc.  A true round robin where everyone plays everyone once is a lot fairer in my opinion.  Option 1 preserves this problem, Option 2 eliminates it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:31:05 PM by foulweatherfan »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
I prefer option #2 mainly because our playoffs start a week earlier than in option #1, and the later the playoffs start, the more they are screwed up by RL teams resting players and tanking at the end of the season.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Anthony Bennet has had a very good summer in the FIBA tournament. I'm open minded about him...but probably not as open minded as people would want me to be

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Lets talk trades folks!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin