Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 344634 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(Davis trade request page 33)
« Reply #2445 on: May 15, 2019, 01:12:27 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Nick or Fafnir

I was right after all

Lakers now can trade Kuzma and #4 for AD

Which would be better than Tatum and three crappy picksso it may take Jaylen and Tatum at this rate
Tatum and Smart alone is better than that package. Then add the picks and it's a no brainer that Boston has a better offer.

in your eyes

but in Pelicans eyes they may want that #4 pick and may like Hachimura or White better

Marcus Smart doesn't move the needle. He is a super role player/hustle player. Not a player to build around
In most people's eyes, triboy. Not mine.

And just to remind you about what David Griffin said he would want in a trade for AD, here is what he said:

“If I was holding their cards, I would probably want to be in a situation where I got at least one young player that projected potentially to be a star. Draft picks, an elite role player, someone that could further the cause for us as a winner because when you’re bringing young kids to the floor, you need those guys to galvanize a group.”

Your weak proposal doesn't net New Orleans that potential star player or a solid vet. Kuzma is at best a very good role player. His defense really holds him back. No one in this draft projects to have star potential other than Zion and Morant and neither will be there at #4.

Tatum has a really high ceiling, one with superstar scoring potential. And Smart is not only a veteran that knows how to win and help teach the youth, but he is, unlike Kuzma, an elite role player because of his ability to guard 1 through 4 at an elite level, his ability to create for others, his passing, his hustle, his tenacity and his much improved scoring efficiency this year.

Boston has exactly what Griffin said he wants. LAL doesn't.

The Lakers got the 4th pick in what was a 2.5 player draft. I'm not sure why people are freaking out here. Very few thought the Lakers had the best offer before the lottery, and even back when their prospects were healthy and playing well NOP decided to wait likely because they preferred what Boston can offer. Now that their prospects have serious injurie concerns why would that change? Sure, the 4th pick is better than the 10th but in this draft not by much.

« Reply #2446 on: May 15, 2019, 01:28:22 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Nick or Fafnir

I was right after all

Which would be better than Tatum and three crappy picksso it may take Jaylen and Tatum at this rate
Tatum and Smart alone is better than that package. Then add the picks and it's a no brainer that Boston has a better offer.

There is a chance Barrett drops to #4

Also I don't think you know enough of Hachimura

to think the Celts have AD locked with Tatum , Smart ...because you think it's the best package is fools gold

Tatum plus Brown ...is definitely the best and overpaid package

but Tatum, Smart, crappy 1sts vs Kuzma, Ball, Ingram (you can trade 2 out of 3 for 1sts etc) + #4

it comes down to preference

« Reply #2447 on: May 15, 2019, 01:31:27 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Nick or Fafnir

I was right after all

to think the Celts have AD locked with Tatum , Smart ...because you think it's the best package is fools gold

but Tatum, Smart, crappy 1sts vs Kuzma, Ball, Ingram (you can trade 2 out of 3 for 1sts etc) + #4

It does come down to preference

Neither hachimura or rj Barrett are proven NBA players. They are risks. They could be like anthony Bennett or jahlil okafor. No one knows

Tatum is Much more attractive. To say he is equal to unproven players is ridiculous

You keep mentioning ball in your trade package. Lavar Ball has repeatedly said lonzo will refuse to play for new orleans.

Ingram has a likely career ending disease

« Reply #2448 on: May 15, 2019, 01:32:11 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
end of the day

I don't think Celts will overpay for AD

That is not Dannys style

vs frugal style

Danny was not even willing to include one of Tatum or Brown for Irving

digest that for a sec

« Reply #2449 on: May 15, 2019, 01:34:05 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Nick or Fafnir

I was right after all

These are incredibly unlikely scenarios which you are just throwing out there, despite the chances of them happening being very slim.

Nobody I've seen ranks Hachimura on the same tier as Barrett. Hachimura is probably not going to be a top 5 pick.

I also don't see there being any team that offers a first rounder for those pieces alone, given they too all have their own special headaches associated with them
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2450 on: May 15, 2019, 01:34:33 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Nick or Fafnir

I was right after all

Neither hachimura or rj Barrett are proven NBA players. They are risks. They could be like anthony Bennett or jahlil okafor. No one knows

Tatum is Much more attractive. To say he is equal to unproven players is ridiculous

Tatum had a down year, already 2 years into his contract

Hachimura or Barrett... there is little chance that either turn out to be busts

Hachimura is a better athlete than Tatum. More explosive, stronger...and just as skilled in different ways

Barrett is one of the best pure SGs of the draft

lets see what happens

« Reply #2451 on: May 15, 2019, 01:36:09 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Nick or Fafnir

I was right after all

Just how is Kyle Kuzma & the #4 pick in a 3 man draft better than Tatum, Smart, Williams & picks?? Kuzma is a below average 3 point and free throw shooter, and he's nearly 3 years older than Tatum.

Tatum has more value than both their most attractive pieces, let alone injury-prone Ball or Ingram, whose entire career is questionable now.

Kuzma #4, flip ingram for a #1, flip ball for another #1

We will see how deep the Celts are willing to go for a guy who may just walk after a season

vs the Lakers who know AD will stay long term

Tatum + Smart and 3 crappy picks may look good in your eyes. But for Griffing he may prefer the Lakers package.... it's not like one is superior to the other.... unless Celts double down and give up both Tatum and Brown for AD
Dude. Brandon Ingram's career is in question - there is no way he gets a first rounder. Who trades their pick for him?

Who wants Lonzo too? He previously has said he will flat out refuse to play for New Orleans.

Griffin has also said he wants exactly what we have to offer:
1) A top prospect - Tatum / Brown
2) A good character veteran - Smart
3) Lots of picks - our own first, LAC, Memphis, Sacramento & future picks are all things we have.

Lonzo will ok to play for phoenix

Ingram regardless of his state can still fetch a 1st ...maybe not a high first

#4 pick is the key...it changes the landscape dramatically

look at these prospects alone...  I would rather take either one vs Tatum, who has burnt 2 years off his contract and sooner than later demand a payday

Coby White
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH9eh6ahgaM

Hachimura
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgaz4GPOago

Hachimura looks like a stud.  He may even move up to #3.... Pelicans then would draft Barrett with the #4
I have always questioned your ability to judge young talent. Many have. This is the reason why. Tatum has loads more potential than those guys and has proven he can perform pretty great in the postseason(something GMs love to see in young players...the ability to rise to the occasion).

Heck, Hachimura is the same age as Tatum and yet Tatum has proven NBA skill and talent and can bring it in the playoffs and Hachimura has proven exactly nothing. While Hachimura was putting up 19.7 points and 6.5 rebounds a game this year playing on a mid major program with a worse than 55th strongest strength of schedule in the country, Tatum(again same age) put up 15.7 points and 6 rebounds a game playing for a top 10 NBA team.

« Reply #2452 on: May 15, 2019, 01:38:57 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Nick or Fafnir

I was right after all

Tatum had a down year, already 2 years into his contract

Hachimura or Barrett... there is little chance that either turn out to be busts

Hachimura is a better athlete than Tatum. More explosive, stronger...and just as skilled in different ways

Barrett is one of the best pure SGs of the draft

lets see what happens
other than Morris, Irving, and smart, which C didn't have a bad year?

Tatums first year beat a few records from bird. How on earth wad he supposed to beat that while also getting less touches as a result of Hayward and kyrie?

« Reply #2453 on: May 15, 2019, 01:39:08 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Nick or Fafnir

I was right after all

These are incredibly unlikely scenarios which you are just throwing out there, despite the chances of them happening being very slim.

Nobody I've seen ranks Hachimura on the same tier as Barrett. Hachimura is probably not going to be a top 5 pick.

I also don't see there being any team that offers a first rounder for those pieces alone, given they too all have their own special headaches associated with them

Hachimura

still not convinced?   have you watched him in action at all this season?

6'8-6'9 with 7'2 wingspan. Strong, explosive and skilled

I'm not stating he will leapfrog Barrett.... But it wouldn't be out of question. Knicks could also like him enough to trade down

« Reply #2454 on: May 15, 2019, 01:41:18 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Nick or Fafnir

I was right after all

Hachimura

I'm not stating he will leapfrog Barrett.... But it wouldn't be out of question. Knicks could also like him enough to trade down
he could be anthony Bennett. He could be Greek freak. We don't know. There's risk there. Tatum isnt a risk. Tatum and hachimura are not equal. Tatum and Barrett are not equal. Tatum is viewed highly by GMs
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 01:46:30 AM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #2455 on: May 15, 2019, 09:13:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Nick or Fafnir

I was right after all

Hachimura

he could be anthony Bennett. He could be Greek freak. We don't know. There's risk there. Tatum isnt a risk. Tatum and hachimura are not equal. Tatum and Barrett are not equal. Tatum is viewed highly by GMs

Umm... so what happened in year 2?

He regressed

« Reply #2456 on: May 15, 2019, 09:37:24 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Nick or Fafnir

I was right after all

Hachimura

He regressed

The whole team regressed. Context matters.

« Reply #2457 on: May 15, 2019, 09:44:20 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 629
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Nick or Fafnir

I was right after all

Hachimura

He regressed

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. 

The #3 and #4 picks aren't more valuable than Tatum, the question is just how much do the Celtics have to give to seal the deal vs now stiffer competition.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #2458 on: May 15, 2019, 09:54:28 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
The price to acquire Davis has gone up considerably given the Lakers landing at 4 and, to a lesser extent, the Knicks getting the 3rd pick.

It may now take all three of Tatum, Brown and Smart, plus the picks, to land him.

Would a Celtics team with Davis, Irving, Hayward, Horford and filler be able to defeat all comers?

Count me as skeptical that it would.

« Reply #2459 on: May 15, 2019, 09:57:56 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 629
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
The price to acquire Davis has gone up considerably given the Lakers landing at 4 and, to a lesser extent, the Knicks getting the 3rd pick.

It may now take all three of Tatum, Brown and Smart, plus the picks, to land him.

Would a Celtics team with Davis, Irving, Hayward, Horford and filler be able to defeat all comers?

Count me as skeptical that it would.

The value of the Memphis pick has gone up considerably and I should think AD will cost Tatum + Smart + 2-3 2019 1sts, but that we should be able to hold either Brown or the Memphis pick out of the deal.  Considering we'd be trying to win now by making the deal, I'd be inclined to keep Brown.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07