Author Topic: Garnett and Ray's Debate  (Read 6694 times)

Garnett and Ray's Debate
« on: April 22, 2008, 03:47:15 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Just wondering if anyone here has figured out what Garnett and Ray were debating Sunday during the game.  If you guys don't know what I'm reffering to, it's to the post game interview of Garnett where he mentioned this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF-hFlbi648

I know this is not a big deal or anything, I'm not worried or anything... it's just a curiousity of mine to see the nature of the debate.  What they were debating about, and what their positions on the matter were.

Edit: This is not meant to be a multimedia thread, but the forum keeps making my youtube link into video when I don't intend it to.  Hopefully you guys won't move it to the obscurity of the multimedia section.

Re: Garnett and Ray's Debate
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 07:53:33 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
we'll probley never know, if you watch the celts bench you can see guys getting into it once or twice a game. Probley just stuff you talk about in pickup games, i.e "that was your man!" "no it wasne't" and then you debate it for 2 or 3 minutes and figure it out lol.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 08:42:06 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
one said, "tastes great" and the other said, "less filling."

come on, is this really important?  you know, there are some things that don't have to be put out there for public consumption. 

hopefully this thread will die a quick death... ::)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 10:21:56 AM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
One said "Dude!!"

The other one said "Dude!!"

And it was back and forth like that for a while......and then it got heated...

One said "Nah Dude!!!"

The other one said  "Yeah dude!!"

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 10:32:23 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I know a guy who plays for the Celtics in a high position, and he told me they were debating the diminishing value of the American dollar.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 10:35:10 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

come on, is this really important?  you know, there are some things that don't have to be put out there for public consumption. 

Did you read my post at all? I said it wasn't a big deal or anything, that it was a curiosity. Aren't you the least curious on what they were discussing? Some sort of strategy, and wondering how to go about it? You that like the game of basketball aren't the least a bit intrigued on learning what they were trying to do out there and their different thoughts on a peculiar matter or different ways they would've wanted to handle a certain situation on the court? Of all the things to mention, Garnett had to mention a particular debate that happened in the night with Ray Allen... you aren't the bit curious to learn what it was? Please.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 10:40:44 AM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 10:48:11 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
well, to be fair, he only mentioned it because her question was something along the lines of "how do you guys mesh so well with no arguments?" and he changed arguments to debates and anwsered her.

he didn't just toss out the fact that him and ray had argued a bit about something out of the blue.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 11:03:21 AM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 02:55:09 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.

Aren't you the least curious on what they were discussing?...you aren't the bit curious to learn what it was?

Nope.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 03:00:02 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Most likely, KG took Ray's seat on the team bus. ;)

Like the article mentioned the other day, they both have strong, but different, personalities.  I'm sure one of them said / did something to rub the other the wrong way.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 03:03:49 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
I was curious. 

He said it was about the win tonight?  Random guess would be one guy say's, "We should expect to win tonight" and the other guy say's, "We shouldn't be overconfident" 

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 04:23:02 PM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
They were debating who the MVP in the league was.....

KG said it was Pierce, and Ray said it was KG..... it got heated and the coaching staff almost had to step in before fists were glying.

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 05:02:33 PM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.

haha, i thought it was funny.