Author Topic: Celtic Picks - 2019 draft  (Read 108289 times)

Re: Celtic Picks - 2019 draft
« Reply #555 on: May 29, 2019, 11:34:07 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I have watched very little college basketball this year, but I predicted successful rookies pretty well last year by 1) listening to you guys and your arguments, and 2) looking at stats of the players in question, particularly efficiency stats and looking for guys with at least 1-2 real NBA skills.

Based on this CBS Sports mock: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2019-nba-mock-draft-jarrett-culver-moves-up-after-combine-skipping-workouts-doesnt-hurt-zion-williamson/

It looks like we could have these choices, and I'm factoring in trading Tatum, Smart, RW3, Yabu, Memphis 1st and 1-2 of these picks for AD:

#14 - Nassir Little or PJ Washington (think I'd prefer the home run pick in Little but PJ looks solid and like a good fit with good upside)

#20 - Nick Alexander Walker, Cameron Johnson, or one of the below guys at #22 (I'd prefer NAW)

#22 - NAW, Samanic, Kabengele or if RW3 is in fact traded, Gafford (Kabengele purely based on stats looks intriguing other than poor passing)
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #556 on: June 03, 2019, 01:40:14 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
So between the mock drafts at:
Draftnet, Tankathon, NBC, and CBS the following 3 realistic targets for the team if picking are all available with the picks. The wildcard isMfiondu Kabengele who is available in the 20s on all mocks excluding draftnet.

Alexander Walker mixtape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP6XxP45inAhttps
6-9 wingspan
205lbs

pg/sg
can handle, pass and score many ways.Excellent defender and terrific 3pt shooter. Can play either guard position and lock it down.

Okpala mixtape.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_w80av02mw

6-9
7.2 wingspan
210 lbs
37 inch vert

sf

Terrific Defender, Learning to shoot but has an ugly shot. Work in progress, need ballhandling work, needs shot improvement. Still a bit raw.

Looking like a bigger Shawn Marion type of player. Defend positions 1-4, shoot from outside and attack the rim.

Samanic Mixtape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt_xhI_3tuA

6-10
7 foot wingspan
39 inch vert
PF

Smart player, very young, been playing competetive in Europe for a couple of years. Good ball handler, great shooter, crafty offense, good playmaker.

« Reply #557 on: June 03, 2019, 02:38:29 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
NBADraft.com has us taking Darius Bazley at #51, which is good pick that late in the draft. Seems to have all the tools, but needs to put them together with any sort of consistency to have a chance of being a NBA player. He'l definitely need time in the g-league, because his feel for the game needs to improve (possibly due to skipping college).
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #558 on: June 03, 2019, 02:51:28 PM »

Offline RGow8

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 5
NBADraft.com has us taking Darius Bazley at #51, which is good pick that late in the draft. Seems to have all the tools, but needs to put them together with any sort of consistency to have a chance of being a NBA player. He'l definitely need time in the g-league, because his feel for the game needs to improve (possibly due to skipping college).

Would love this, I think he has some of most potential of anybody in entire draft. After the combine and team workouts I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being late riser and some team grabs him in late first round after seeing all the  tools and potential. I honestly wouldn’t have a problem with him at 22.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 04:02:57 PM by RGow8 »

« Reply #559 on: June 03, 2019, 02:51:53 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
So my new draft binky is Carsen Edwards out of Purdue. Pure PG that reminds me a lot of IT, except slightly taller. Should be available at the #22 pick.

https://www.hammerandrails.com/2019/6/3/18650362/nba-draft-profile-carsen-edwards

« Reply #560 on: June 03, 2019, 03:05:33 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Posted in another thread, should have here. This is my list in order of priority:

Sekou Doumbouya
Jaxson Hayes
Mfiondu Kabengele
Romeo Langford
Bol Bol (if his medicals are okay I move to the top of the list)
Kevin Porter Jr.
Luka Samanic
Jontay Porter
Goga Bitadze
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 03:30:26 PM by footey »

« Reply #561 on: June 03, 2019, 04:41:58 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
If available at #14 -- Nassir Little, Sekou Doumbouya. If not, maybe someone from higher up drops. Or start looking at guys I like at #22 -- Rui Hachimura, PJ Washington, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Romeo Langford. If not available, start looking at guys I like at #22 -- Luka Samanic, Keldon Johnson, Charles Bassey. If not available, start looking at  desperation alternates -- Tyler Herro, Bol Bol. I think three of the guys above should be available with our picks.

In the second round I'm leaning toward Jaylen Hands.

« Reply #562 on: June 03, 2019, 05:16:32 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Watching Bol Bol scout video. Man, if he checks out physically with his foot, and is available, we should take him at 14.  Has great shooting touch, can handle the ball. Who cares if he's skinny. Probably just as well, gives his feet better chance to get better. Nearly an 80% free throw shooter, with eFGA of nearly 60% is awesome.  Could play him the same way Bucks employ Lopez on offense and defense.

« Reply #563 on: June 03, 2019, 05:23:52 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Watching Bol Bol scout video. Man, if he checks out physically with his foot, and is available, we should take him at 14.  Has great shooting touch, can handle the ball. Who cares if he's skinny. Probably just as well, gives his feet better chance to get better. Nearly an 80% free throw shooter, with eFGA of nearly 60% is awesome.  Could play him the same way Bucks employ Lopez on offense and defense.
Bol Bol's defense was terrible in college.  You better care if he's skinny.  He's going to get abused in the NBA if he doesn't beef up a lot. 

« Reply #564 on: June 03, 2019, 05:57:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Bol Bol's defense was terrible in college.  You better care if he's skinny.  He's going to get abused in the NBA if he doesn't beef up a lot.

Kevin Durant is still pretty stick skinny. Had the worst bench press numbers in combine. He didn't turn out too shabby.

Look, if Bol Bol was stronger, heavier, not injured, he'd be top 3-5 pick in this draft. Ainge was prepared to take Embiid at 6 when he was hurt, but didn't last past 3.  Embiid a better prospect, obviously, but you get my drift. 

« Reply #565 on: June 03, 2019, 06:58:08 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Kevin Durant is still pretty stick skinny. Had the worst bench press numbers in combine. He didn't turn out too shabby.

Look, if Bol Bol was stronger, heavier, not injured, he'd be top 3-5 pick in this draft. Ainge was prepared to take Embiid at 6 when he was hurt, but didn't last past 3.  Embiid a better prospect, obviously, but you get my drift.

Durant came in t 6ft10 220
Bol is 7foot2 208

« Reply #566 on: June 03, 2019, 07:13:23 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Bol is 7foot2 208
and yet bol still plays at a high level against bigger and stronger opponents

« Reply #567 on: June 03, 2019, 08:27:30 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Bol is 7foot2 208
and yet bol still plays at a high level against bigger and stronger opponents

College kids for 7 games?

« Reply #568 on: June 03, 2019, 10:15:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Here's the list of players in Boston on Monday:

Admiral Schofield, Tennessee
Jason Burnell, Jacksonville State
Jordan Bone, Tennessee
Milik Yarbrough, Illinois State
Oshae Brissett, Syracuse
Ty Jerome, Virginia

I really like Ty Jerome. He doesn't look like he could play in the NBA, too slow, but he's such a high IQ guy and can shoot.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 10:39:20 PM by liam »

« Reply #569 on: June 03, 2019, 11:06:55 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
So my new draft binky is Carsen Edwards out of Purdue. Pure PG that reminds me a lot of IT, except slightly taller. Should be available at the #22 pick.

https://www.hammerandrails.com/2019/6/3/18650362/nba-draft-profile-carsen-edwards
Mine too. He looks to be taller, stronger and a better defender than IT too. Like a mix between IT and Marcus Smart.