Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Rockets (0-0) 10/7  (Read 108046 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Rockets (0-0) 10/7
« Reply #480 on: October 08, 2009, 09:48:54 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I thought Giddens was excellent on defense in the first half, but he was a nonfactor in the second half.  He didn't really get any touches through the whole game.

I wouldn't write him off quite yet though.  If he can be consistent with the defense he showed in the first half, he could be valuable.  I think he actually is big enough to handle many of the 3's in the league. 

Lester looked good, and if he keeps playing like he did tonight then there should be no danger of him getting cut.

Seems like Hudson was aggressive, which is good. Was he a ballhog though? 9 free-throws in 20 minutes seems like a lot... though Rondo got 8 himself.

His +/- was awful. From what I saw in the scoreboard, Giddens had a pretty good +/- in the first half, but it went away in the 2nd half. Hard to say what was the reason without watching the game, but a unit of Hudson/Giddens/Scal/Williams/Sweetney doesn't seem like a good one. Seems also like he didn't get any touches.

I would've liked to see a House/Giddens/Daniels/Baby/Sheed unit though. Some Hudson in there too.

With all due respect, I don't think any lineup with Sweetney seems like a good one defensively. Now hey, I didn't get to watch the game, but a lot of people seem to think he's too fat to play defense.

Hudson? I dunno, he got a +/- of -11, worst on the Celtics that game, but people seemed to be saying he did a lot of things right, like being aggressive and working on D. I'll just assume Hudson did well out there.

Oh yeah, and let's not miss 20 FT's in regular season games. Please? :(
Well I DID watch the game and I thought both Sweetney and Hudson showed something.  Their poor +/- is because they were playing on the 3rd string team.  Not that they didn't contribute to that poor +/- but the whole team basically fell apart in the past 10 minutes.

This is not rocket-science (no pun intended) but Sweetney needs to lose at least 50-75 lbs.  He will simply not survive in the NBA at his current weight.  He was laboring out there.  Carl Landy just blew by him a few times due to his lack of quickness.  The good news is he still has some nice low-post moves.  As far as Hudson, he showed a scrapiness on defense and diving for loose balls.  The kid can score too.  Remember he's 25 so he actually older than Rondo and Perk.  He made rookie mistakes but that's fixable.