Author Topic: AD is on another level  (Read 8208 times)

Re: AD is on another level
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2019, 12:50:40 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
There'll always be folks who get attached to the current version of the team and lash out against trades.

You nailed it on the first thought   TP

Yep exactly.  I can’t blame them too much, I used to think the same way when I was younger.

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2019, 01:10:44 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Tatum wants to be a Celtic for life.

So we are going to trade him for a whiny little btch who wants to be a Laker?

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2019, 01:32:40 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Oh yeah...Lebron will never be Mike :) Or even Pippen
Just so I'm clear - you're saying Pippen is superior to LeBron? Oh man.

Half this thread is just some display of the continued influence effect, lol.

Do you realize how superior Pippen's defense was compared to Lebron?

And you do realize Pippen was the point and controlled the whole show, basically. 

And no team Lebron led to a championship would have any shot at beating those 2 dudes. As much as Chicago was a scoring machine, they suffocated every team with their defense especially in the last 6 minutes...to the point where no matter who it was or what team...they were scared to put the ball in the air in crunch time.

Y'all have to be young...and have no idea.

And quite frankly those 2 dudes were just too intelligent to ever lose to Lebron :)

I remember watching Jordan and Pippen. Pippen was an excellent defender. So was LeBron in his prime - five times first team all-NBA defense at the wing, one time all-NBA second team. Basically the best defender at his position for a long stretch and then still near the top but throttling back in his effort as he aged.

I don’t recall Pippen coming up with the kind of physically dominating performances that a locked-in LeBron was capable of during his prime. Those huge chasedown blocks were only icing on the cake but some impressive icing. https://youtu.be/F1mWjbn6a18

Not taking anything from Pippen. But saying he’s out of LeBron’s league? Not buying it.

« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2019, 01:55:13 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

Tommy Point.  I think I'm also fine with Kyrie going off on his little little play with his pals odyssey to New York, LA or wherever at this point.

« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2019, 01:58:34 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
AD seems like a jerk quitting on his team in the middle of the season.

Pearce never did that, no matter how bad we were.

Paul wanted a trade to Dallas at one point.

https://nesn.com/2016/02/paul-pierce-celtics-came-real-close-to-portland-trade-i-wanted-to-go-to-dallas/
He did when things were bottoming out, but he also showed up to play every night and didn't take the request public. 

Doing what Davis has done is an insult to any fan who pays money out of their own pocket to go watch you play (which contributes to you being able to make millions playing basketball).  Davis and these other knuckleheads (you too Kyrie) don't seem to grasp this concept. 

« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2019, 02:14:40 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Jayson Tatum is on the Paul Pierce trajectory (as far as skill and as far as being a fan favorite). Would you all have traded Paul Pierce for Kevin Garnett? I'm sure there would be some debate about that but i would be in the camp that would not have done that trade simply because of how Pierce was the home grown/drafted star. Winning a title with the home grown star has more impact, at least it does for me. As great as Anthony Davis is, i would not trade Jayson Tatum for him. Anyone else on the team can be traded but not Tatum.

« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2019, 02:31:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Couple things. First as a mod

Let's stay respectful of each other.

Second, I would say that Pippen was definitely a better defender than LeBron but LeBron was still the better player than Pippen.

« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2019, 03:39:50 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Jayson Tatum is on the Paul Pierce trajectory

Is he? I think his limited passing game and inconsistent defense feels more Melo than Pierce.

I'm not saying I think that's his ceiling but in some people's minds, Tatum's already an All-Star when realistically he's got a ton of work to put in before he gets there.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2019, 04:27:41 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Jayson Tatum is on the Paul Pierce trajectory

Is he? I think his limited passing game and inconsistent defense feels more Melo than Pierce.

I'm not saying I think that's his ceiling but in some people's minds, Tatum's already an All-Star when realistically he's got a ton of work to put in before he gets there.

I've already seen more passing from Tatum in his short career than i saw in Melo in all of his career. Tatum does get tunnel vision at times but i've seen him get into the defense and find open guys quite a bit. He is also a willing lob passer. His defense is pretty good as well. Not great, but good. He has length to bother people's shot, he is active in the passing lanes, and he doesn't get abused on mismatches. Offensively he doesn't have the go to move that Pierce had whenever he wanted buckets (the step back fade away) and Pierce was much nastier going to the hoop looking to jam on people. I would say Pierce was the much more physical player and Tatum is much more finesse but i still see them as having similar skill sets overall.

« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2019, 04:48:14 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
AD seems like a jerk quitting on his team in the middle of the season.

Pearce never did that, no matter how bad we were.

Paul wanted a trade to Dallas at one point.

https://nesn.com/2016/02/paul-pierce-celtics-came-real-close-to-portland-trade-i-wanted-to-go-to-dallas/
He did when things were bottoming out, but he also showed up to play every night and didn't take the request public. 

Doing what Davis has done is an insult to any fan who pays money out of their own pocket to go watch you play (which contributes to you being able to make millions playing basketball).  Davis and these other knuckleheads (you too Kyrie) don't seem to grasp this concept.

what I have been saying...

« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2019, 06:20:39 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119

Tommy Point.  I think I'm also fine with Kyrie going off on his little little play with his pals odyssey to New York, LA or wherever at this point.

How good does the prospect have to be for you to be willing to trade Tatum for him? Would you trade JT for Harden in the same situation? Giannis demands a trade and quits on his team - would you do this trade? Or do our players need to explicitly be guys who say they bleed green, regardless of talent?
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens