1 (2.5%)
14.5 PPG  5 RPG his stats at 21 years old
16 (40%)
17 PPG 6 RPG
20 (50%)
20 PPG 7 RPG
3 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Poll: Predict Jaylen's stats this year  (Read 5837 times)

Poll: Predict Jaylen's stats this year
« on: October 17, 2019, 05:47:27 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Trying to get a feel how much we have to pay JB if we do indeed keep him. We better. Would hate to lose Brown at this young age.

Re: Poll: Predict Jaylen's stats this year
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 06:53:35 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
16ppg 5rpg

His scoring numbers are artificially low by having to share the ball with Kemba Walker, Gordon Hayward and Jayson Tatum. Jaylen Brown could comfortably be a 20ppg guy if he was featured more on offense.

The Celtics keep asking him to sacrifice on offense and now are trying to take advantage of him in negotiations because of it. It sucks. I'd be p---ed off if I were in Jaylen's shoes.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 07:10:35 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
16ppg 5rpg

His scoring numbers are artificially low by having to share the ball with Kemba Walker, Gordon Hayward and Jayson Tatum. Jaylen Brown could comfortably be a 20ppg guy if he was featured more on offense.

The Celtics keep asking him to sacrifice on offense and now are trying to take advantage of him in negotiations because of it. It sucks. I'd be p---ed off if I were in Jaylen's shoes.
^this. I'd honestly demand a trade if I were him assuming that the Celtics aren't going to give him a main role in the offense, that extension offer was borderline insulting.

Anyways if the Celtics are willing to give him enough opportunities to handle the ball and run the offense I can see him putting up 18-21 PPG, 5-6 RPG, 3-5 APG, 1-2 SPG and ~1 BPG on 50/40/75 shooting (give or take a few percentage points).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 07:38:55 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
16ppg 5rpg

Good point. However if we never signed Kemba this year I don't think he would be 20 ppg this year.

17.5 PPG though I could see. What do you think same team but no Kemba

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 07:50:25 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I’d say around 15 / 5.

I don’t care about counting numbers, though. I want to see him make a push for all defense.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 07:52:29 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I’d say around 15 / 5.

I don’t care about counting numbers, though. I want to see him make a push for all defense.
TP, that plus if he improves finishing around the rim, I am all good.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 07:53:28 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
16ppg 5rpg

Good point. However if we never signed Kemba this year I don't think he would be 20 ppg this year.

Kemba improves the team but he doesn't move the needle that much. I rate this as a 47-48 win type team. Without Kemba it would be a 44-45 win team.

Kemba is a good player but his strengths are not what the team needs most (big man play). His scoring could by and large be replaced by others (such as Jaylen and also Tatum). What Kemba does bring is dribble penetration. That is most valuable contribution.

Al Horford would have been much more valuable to this team than Kemba Walker will be. This team with Horford but without Kemba would've been a 50+ win team.

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 08:07:37 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
My answer is 16 a game.

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 08:15:08 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
16ppg 5rpg

Kemba improves the team but he doesn't move the needle that much. I rate this as a 47-48 win type team. Without Kemba it would be a 44-45 win team.

Kemba is a good player but his strengths are not what the team needs most (big man play). His scoring could by and large be replaced by others (such as Jaylen and also Tatum). What Kemba does bring is dribble penetration. That is most valuable contribution.

Al Horford would have been much more valuable to this team than Kemba Walker will be. This team with Horford but without Kemba would've been a 50+ win team.

True, but the problem with that is that is only going to hold true for this year after that horford's game is going to tank really quick.

He was already getting slow last year.

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 08:15:36 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I'll be most impressed if he can get his assists up to about 3 per game and his free throw percentage up to about 75%.

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 08:26:22 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I ll go with 15 pt , 5 boards , 3.5 assists ....at least ..or he could be the odd wing out .

He has to let go any uncle snooze Jeff Green inhibitions. ,   just GO DO IT !
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 08:31:56 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 08:30:49 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'll be most impressed if he can get his assists up to about 3 per game and his free throw percentage up to about 75%.
Yeah, these are the big ones. If he can do that then I'd be super happy. Although, it'd also likely lead to more $
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2019, 09:37:30 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Its hard to say, but my guess is he'll be better than 14.5 but lower than 17ppg. If he's above 17 its more than likely because either Tatum or Gordon missed a lot of time with injury or one/both of them underwhelmed.

More importantly though will be his skill development. How he finishes at the rim and whether his passing have improved will be key. And on this team if he could push for all defense that would be very helpful. If he's like 16 ppg on good efficiency with near all defense and improved passing thats really good to me.

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2019, 09:45:46 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
I think he is around his career averages.  I think there is still very much a minutes and fit problem on the wing and Brown will feel that the most.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2019, 10:17:49 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Jaylen will have his best year to date. It may not show up with any dramatic increase in his PPG, but will show up in other categories, both offensively and defensively, and in efficiency.