Author Topic: The Antoine Walker / Idaho Stampede thread  (Read 20622 times)

Re: The Antoine Walker / Idaho Stampede thread
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2011, 11:33:06 AM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Sorry for the lack of updates but I've been busy...

Anyway, extremely disappointing outing during those two "showcase" games.   I think he was trying too hard to impress.  which is sad because he's had good games more often than not.

I only hope that teams look at the OTHER games besides the "showcase" to see if Walker has anything left(which he does)....

4-26 13 Points 12 Turnovers were his stats in those 2 games combined.  Ugh.   that's not going to help matters.

And the thing is that in the 4 games after that, he had a solid(for him) 5-11(13 points) effort, followed by a 29-point-explosion(11-19), followed that up with a 16-point(7-13) solid performance, and finally another 26-point barrage(9-19)while pulling down 8 rebounds in that game.  :(

I hope they don't hold those two games against him 'cause that would be stupid on their part.  If any team wants an NBA-READY player to come up and give them some semi-quality(lol!) minutes, it's Toine.   

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2011, 11:49:10 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
There really are a number of players that he is still better than. His problem would be (and this is common for other former 'stars') accepting a lower role for the benefit of the team. There has gotta be a team out there that could use his leadership and production.

And, honestly guys, we all know Toine wasn't the best 3pt shooter of all-time, but he was an excellent player for several years on a playoff team. I understand as a top tier team, people can look back and think how bad of a time that was, but I personally thought it was an exciting time and appreciate what he brought to Boston. We won't be on top forever - winning seasons (while not championship winning seasons) aren't something to scoff at.

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2011, 12:04:03 PM »

Offline KobeGotRondoD

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 27
i could definitely see antoine being a role player on the Miami Heat.. considering their bench players are garbage anyways

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2011, 03:02:33 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
i could definitely see antoine being a role player on the Miami Heat.. considering their bench players are garbage anyways

SERIOUSLY!   That bench of Miami....YIKES! 

I think the Heat could do much much worse than bringing back Toine there.   He came off the bench most of the time in '06 anyway.