Author Topic: Game 1, Sox vs. Astros  (Read 18620 times)

Re: Game 1, Sox vs. Astros
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2018, 11:35:31 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
7 seconds before martinez ran to base..could have gotten on...horrible

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2018, 11:51:48 PM »

• Don Nelson
wow, bullpen nightmare...massacre in game one with price tomorrow who has never won any playoff game...ugh

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2018, 12:07:28 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Sox pitching is just not up to par to compete with the Astros unfortunately. Maybe next year we will actually get a solid bullpen and a legit #2 starter.

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2018, 12:30:25 AM »

• Don Nelson
It was ugly and bullpen was like last game one minus offense and the win...not giving up on 108 win team that is capable of winning two in houston if needed to get back to fenway for last two games...

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2018, 04:04:38 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm about as far from an expert as they come, but MLB officiating seems incredibly inconsistent to my untrained eye

It doesn't take a trained eye to see that MLB ball-strike calls are as bad as NBA foul calls. Tonight's home-plate ump was straight-up terrible.

That said, the Sox cost themselves this game. Chris Sale is apparently not equipped to handle the physical rigors of an entire major-league season, as this is the second straight year (both with Boston) that he's broken down toward the end of the season. Alex Cora apparently doesn't understand what good defense is, because he keeps playing Eduardo Nunez, who is a terrible fielder and tonight hurt the Sox yet again. And Mookie Betts continues to show why regular-season awards are utterly meaningless in the postseason.

Oh, and David "oh-for-my-postseason-career" Price is starting tomorrow, so the Sox are a virtual lock to be down 0-2 as they head to Houston for Game 3.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2018, 09:05:06 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Nunez is just awful. First 3 runs we can credit to him. Sale couldn't throw a strike for 4 innings. Bats were silent. Can only get better.

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2018, 09:17:46 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Honestly, if I'm being objective, I thought the Yankees were an overall better team than ours and I think the same about Houston. Don't get me wrong, the Red Sox are easily a top 4-5 team in baseball, but they just don't appear to have the attitude of a 108 win team. They feel more like the 60-win 2014-15 Hawks than the 2007-08 Celtics.

Now I hope I'm wrong and they come out and crush the Astros in this series as well as the Brewers/Dodgers in the WS, but something has to change with this team's mindset. Putting up 16 runs in a game will do wonders for a team's runs/game average, but they can't lay eggs in all of the other games.

« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2018, 10:44:51 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I am not giving up hope.

I think we come back tonight, win game 2 and then win 2 out of 3 in Houston.

I am picking the Sox to win this series.  They've been counted out too many times and yet here they are in the ALCS.

I say Sox in 7.