Author Topic: Tatum bulking?  (Read 8025 times)

Re: Tatum bulking?
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2019, 01:50:32 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
I’m excited for training camp to start. After we sign Tacko of course. I think Tatum is primed for a good year! I hope we see footage of his offseason work soon
- LilRip

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2019, 02:35:29 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Anybody know what Tatum is having for dinner tonight?

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2019, 02:50:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

Fried Chicken , Mashed Taters , and peach cobbler ?

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2019, 02:55:00 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Sweet....good for the old ticker.

I'm guessing a porterhouse steak with a baked potato and a dinner roll.

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2019, 03:51:55 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I swear I read that as 'powerhouse' steak at first glance  ;D

Anyway, it's okay to cheat (his food choices sound awesome!), but as others have mentioned, good nutrition is best learned from a young age. I'd like to see him working with Jaylen and Kanter rather than Big Baby and Tractor Traylor on a proper diet regimen.

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2019, 05:30:08 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Are there any updates of how Tatum is training rn? The most recent video of him playing with kids in his camp doesn't really show much added muscle, if at all.

He's working with Hanlen again this offseason.  Just posted some pictures going 1 on 1 with Beal.
Does he look like he put on some weight lol

Not to me, but pics and my eyes lie. Honestly, when I saw it I thought he lost a little.  :o
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2019, 01:36:42 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I swear I read that as 'powerhouse' steak at first glance  ;D

Anyway, it's okay to cheat (his food choices sound awesome!), but as others have mentioned, good nutrition is best learned from a young age. I'd like to see him working with Jaylen and Kanter rather than Big Baby and Tractor Traylor on a proper diet regimen.

Not a bad idea at all. Looking for more power? That's the way to get it.

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2019, 05:03:01 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Karl Malone and John Stockton have always been the gold standard of exceptional exercising and dieting when it comes to the front-court and back-court respectively. Their diet/exercise regimen was strongly correlated with lengthy careers with virtually no injuries and no missed playoff appearances. For example, Stockton missed 22 games in 19 seasons, playing every game in every season except 4 in 1990 and 18 in 1998 when he was 36-37 years old (BTW, he played until he was 41 in 2003, did not miss a game that season, made the playoffs every season of his career, and said he would have come back in 2004 had Malone not left the Jazz for the Lakers). As a Jazz, Malone missed eight (yes, 8 total) games from 1985-2003. Only eight missed games from the age of 22 to 39. These “Ironman” accomplishments are not spotlighted in the record-books, but they are just as impressive as many stats/facts we always hear about other HoFers.

Malone and Stockton really need to write a book about how they did it (obviously together) because every NBA player ought to want to know. I wish Tatum chatted with them instead of Kobe.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 05:23:18 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2019, 06:57:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Karl Malone and John Stockton have always been the gold standard of exceptional exercising and dieting when it comes to the front-court and back-court respectively. Their diet/exercise regimen was strongly correlated with lengthy careers with virtually no injuries and no missed playoff appearances. For example, Stockton missed 22 games in 19 seasons, playing every game in every season except 4 in 1990 and 18 in 1998 when he was 36-37 years old (BTW, he played until he was 41 in 2003, did not miss a game that season, made the playoffs every season of his career, and said he would have come back in 2004 had Malone not left the Jazz for the Lakers). As a Jazz, Malone missed eight (yes, 8 total) games from 1985-2003. Only eight missed games from the age of 22 to 39. These “Ironman” accomplishments are not spotlighted in the record-books, but they are just as impressive as many stats/facts we always hear about other HoFers.

Malone and Stockton really need to write a book about how they did it (obviously together) because every NBA player ought to want to know. I wish Tatum chatted with them instead of Kobe.
Robert Parish was a guy doing it even before Stockton and Malone. Heck, didn't Kareem go on strict diets and did martial arts as a way to stay lean, strong, powerful and flexible and he too lasted forever with little injury history.

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2019, 09:31:54 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Is Tatum ever going to live down training with Kobe?

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2019, 03:47:14 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Robert Parish was a guy doing it even before Stockton and Malone. Heck, didn't Kareem go on strict diets and did martial arts as a way to stay lean, strong, powerful and flexible and he too lasted forever with little injury history.
Kareem got some of the dieting and training stuff from Bruce Lee, the latter which iirc targets the stabilising muscles and the ligaments. Probably helped with Kareem's longevity.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2019, 03:47:50 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Are there any updates of how Tatum is training rn? The most recent video of him playing with kids in his camp doesn't really show much added muscle, if at all.

He's working with Hanlen again this offseason.  Just posted some pictures going 1 on 1 with Beal.
Does he look like he put on some weight lol

Not to me, but pics and my eyes lie. Honestly, when I saw it I thought he lost a little.  :o
Doesn't bode well for him playing PF :-\
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2019, 07:30:03 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Hopefully when he has a great bounce back season this year.  Funny how he seemed to pick up Kobe's long 2's but Mark Blount's motor and competitiveness last year.

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2019, 08:37:41 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Hopefully when he has a great bounce back season this year.  Funny how he seemed to pick up Kobe's long 2's but Mark Blount's motor and competitiveness last year.

Tatum doesn't strike me as somebody who enjoys drama. With all of the discomfort around the organization and even knowing he may very well get traded, it's possible he may have been just trying to get through the season. Even with such tumultuous circumstances, he was still very productive on a team that went to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

The team clearly has a new direction and Tatum should no longer have the AD trade rumors over his head every day so I would expect him to come out with an inspired confidence and a killer instinct like we saw in the 2018 playoffs.