Author Topic: Nickeil Alexander-Walker looks like a stud  (Read 2175 times)

Re: Nickeil Alexander-Walker looks like a stud
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 08:01:51 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I think alot of us were on the NAW bandwagon.

I dont remember anyone on here wanting langdord at 14. I still believe romeo will he the new Yabusele.

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 08:15:36 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Wanted Herro also..he going be very good
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 08:23:28 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I dont remember anyone on here wanting langdord at 14. I still believe romeo will he the new Yabusele.

I didn’t want Langford at 14 because I thought for sure he’d be gone by #10.

NAW looks great.  He could be a keeper, we’ll see.  A healthy Langford would also look great in summer league tho.  He’s an elite talent who easily could be a top 3-5 player from this draft when all is said and done.  I don’t expect we’ll see much of him this year, as he’s got a lot of talent and experience ahead of him in the lineup, and he could use a redshirt year in Maine to make up for a little of the development that was lost while he played hurt last year.  And NAW will get his minutes on a non-competitive New Orleans team and make everyone fret.  But come back in two years and tell me if you’re still not excited about Langford.

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 08:30:34 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
NAW is their 2nd best guard. Not Lonzo Ball (no jump-shot, lacks creation in halfcourt as both scorer and passer). Not JJ Redick (too old, cannot play D anymore). It won't happen but I'd love to see NAW start next to Jrue Holiday in the backcourt.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 08:37:30 AM by Who »

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2019, 08:30:35 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233

And what makes you think that-the kid finished through contact at super elite level  was best high school player in Indiana.  In college averaged 16 points while being focus of opponents game plan and targeted.
Played through season in Pain with torn ligament on shooting hand.
He put more pressure on himself staying in Indiana played in tough conference to full arenas home and away.Averaged 16 points his freshman year Ranked from 5-15 with an aggregated consensus of 7 that included ESPN,SI,Bleacher Report and Draftnet.com and others.
Brad is familiar with Langford as is Danny -they have been watching for years.
He has ideal weight ,height and wingspan at only 19.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 08:39:42 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2019, 08:35:17 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I didn’t want Langford at 14 because I thought for sure he’d be gone by #10.

NAW looks great.  He could be a keeper, we’ll see.  A healthy Langford would also look great in summer league tho.  He’s an elite talent who easily could be a top 3-5 player from this draft when all is said and done.  I don’t expect we’ll see much of him this year, as he’s got a lot of talent and experience ahead of him in the lineup, and he could use a redshirt year in Maine to make up for a little of the development that was lost while he played hurt last year.  And NAW will get his minutes on a non-competitive New Orleans team and make everyone fret.  But come back in two years and tell me if you’re still not excited about Langford.

Yeah, it's the Mitchell Robinson/Timelord conversation from yesterday all over again. That's not to say NAW/Robinson aren't better than Langford/Timelord, but I just can't make a for sure claim at this time.

I will say that I liked the sounds of NAW before the draft - mostly because of of the 3 initials and positional parallels to SGA - but that is like picking an NCAA tourney bracket based on team uniform colors. Langford has a high ceiling, though, and seems like he has a good head on his shoulders; hopefully he can turn into another Jaylen Brown.

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2019, 08:39:25 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

I'll take the other side of that bet. I don't know if he's going to become a star, but the odds of him becoming Yabu seem very, very low.