Author Topic: Rozier Trade Ideas - Let's Hear Them!  (Read 3237 times)

Re: Rozier Trade Ideas - Let's Hear Them!
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2018, 01:30:38 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
At times like these, I wish the Clippers weren't doing so well. Because I'd love to get Patrick Beverley for Terry. The Celtics have struggled with electric scoring guards, and Beverley solves that. Better yet, he would give the Celtics a desperately needed edge.

But they're doing great so no moves need to be made, and Terry has been awful.

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2018, 12:10:51 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
This isn't my idea, but an idea from the Game Theory podcast with Vecenie.

Basically it would be centered around Mikal for Rozier with minor pieces on either side. We trade our ball handler for a long term 3 and D wing. The Suns get to lock up their back court for a long time, and have essentially locked in a great core.

Vecenie thinks the Suns would have to include a bit to get the Celtics to bite, I tend to think it's closer to even or a minor asset on the celtics side to get it done.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 12:19:13 PM by A Future of Stevens »
#JKJB

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2018, 12:39:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
How about Rozier, Bird and a pick for Trey Burke and Noah Vonleh.

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2018, 01:10:20 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Basically it would be centered around Mikal for Rozier with minor pieces on either side. We trade our ball handler for a long term 3 and D wing. The Suns get to lock up their back court for a long time, and have essentially locked in a great core.

Vecenie thinks the Suns would have to include a bit to get the Celtics to bite, I tend to think it's closer to even or a minor asset on the celtics side to get it done.

Bridges would be a fantastic acquisition.

Players that come to mind - E'Twaun Moore, Joe Harris, and Wayne Ellington in 3 guys that can create spacing and really shoot the ball without needing the ball in his hands. Reggie Bullock is another guy a like as a 3-and-D guy, but he's a FA after this season. Rodney McGruder is another tough defender who can hit the open 3, but he too will be a FA in the summer.

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2018, 01:41:14 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
One I thought about before was something like:

Boston: Troy Daniels, Top-4 protected Suns 1st rounder (either 2019 or 2020)

Phoenix: Rozier

Doesn't really help us this year player-wise (though Daniels is a great shooter who would pair well with Smart off the bench), but it would get a decent pick from Phoenix. Not sure that Rozier can draw that right now, though.

I like the idea of trading for a shooter.  The Celts desperately need a guy who can rain threes.

Another name that comes to mind as a target is Wayne Ellington.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2018, 02:27:12 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Rozier and Yab for Jonathan Isaac.

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2018, 03:00:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904

Bridges would be a fantastic acquisition.

Players that come to mind - E'Twaun Moore, Joe Harris, and Wayne Ellington in 3 guys that can create spacing and really shoot the ball without needing the ball in his hands. Reggie Bullock is another guy a like as a 3-and-D guy, but he's a FA after this season. Rodney McGruder is another tough defender who can hit the open 3, but he too will be a FA in the summer.

One I thought about before was something like:

Boston: Troy Daniels, Top-4 protected Suns 1st rounder (either 2019 or 2020)

Phoenix: Rozier

Doesn't really help us this year player-wise (though Daniels is a great shooter who would pair well with Smart off the bench), but it would get a decent pick from Phoenix. Not sure that Rozier can draw that right now, though.

I like the idea of trading for a shooter.  The Celts desperately need a guy who can rain threes.

Another name that comes to mind as a target is Wayne Ellington.

Yeah, I thought about Ellington, as well, though I'm not sure how much interest Miami would have with Dragic, Richardson, Waiters, and Johnson all under contract.

As for Moore, that would be another good idea, and it'd be poetic given that we drafted him originally, too. Would require us trading a few other salaries to get him, though.

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2018, 07:00:35 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Rozier and Yab for Jonathan Isaac.

Throw in a pick as well. I'd love to have Isaac.

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2018, 07:15:27 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Rozier + Yabu + 2019 C's first to the Suns for Mikal Bridges

Imo, our biggest need is a back-up SG who enjoys playing off the ball on offense and is a deadly 3-point shooter. Ideally a 3+D type of player. Bridges fits the bill.

- 43.5 3P% last season in college (6 attempts per game)
- great length (3+D potential)
- NBA-ready (22 years old, has played 3 full seasons in college)
- under team control till 2022

As for the Suns, Rozier would be a clear upgrade for them over Canaan. Problem is, the Suns have zero incentive to push for the playoffs this season. Assuming they like Rozier, they can always wait till next summer and sign him via free agency.