Poll

POLL: Skal LaBissiere? Yes or No? Kings looking to trade him.

Yes
28 (71.8%)
No
11 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: POLL: Skal LaBissiere? Yes or No?: Kings looking to trade him..  (Read 5698 times)

Re: POLL: Skal LaBissiere? Yes or No?: Kings looking to trade him..
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 10:25:00 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
If we could snag Skal for them to clear room for a trade, that’d be sick. That kid still has a ton of potential, and we’re kind of lacking in young bigs, too.

Hell, I’d give up that LAC pick abd the DPE for him easily!
He's under contract for 3 years though, so he can't be had for the DPE.

True, but he can be had for Nader.

True, but I think they want to do a two for one to clear the roster spot. So if it's both Skal and Richardson, it'd have to be Yabs or Rozier.

Missed that part.  Maybe they can convince Garrett Temple to decline his player option to be traded to a title contender.  Getting out from that should be worth something to SAC.  So Nader for Skal and DPE and cash for Temple.

TP, salt, very inventive.....sign me up for any of these scenarios proffered where we get Skal.

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2018, 10:37:39 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
If we could snag Skal for them to clear room for a trade, that’d be sick. That kid still has a ton of potential, and we’re kind of lacking in young bigs, too.

However, Sacto want roster spots, so that trade doesn't help them.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 11:43:10 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I was in favor of trading AB to the Kings for Skal (before the DET deal) so you can obviously count me in on this trade.

I think that Skal still has quite a bit of potential and he has shown that he can actually be productive when given the chance. Danny loves former #1 prospects so you'd have to think there could be some interest. Could Brad get Skal to buy into our defensive philosophy.

On a related note, didn't SAC just announce to the world that they are going to start playing young players a lot more and sitting veterans? I guess Skal doesn't pass the test of young player worth playing(?).

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 08:27:19 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

They can do that trade first and then waive Nader creating a roster spot.  Though I got the impression they wanted actual value for Richardson or Skal, such that Nader and cash (for waiving) wouldn't be enough.  They probably want at least a 1st back and frankly I might do it for Boston's 1st this year.  Nader, BOS 1st, cash for Skal works for me. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 08:41:27 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

They can do that trade first and then waive Nader creating a roster spot.  Though I got the impression they wanted actual value for Richardson or Skal, such that Nader and cash (for waiving) wouldn't be enough.  They probably want at least a 1st back and frankly I might do it for Boston's 1st this year.  Nader, BOS 1st, cash for Skal works for me.
One doesn't preclude the other. And I suspect the idea is to move them for someone who is expiring, so that they don't have to eat multiple years of their salary when waiving them, as a minimum. Like Skal and Richardson, Nader is on the book for multiple years.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 08:42:29 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
On a related note, didn't SAC just announce to the world that they are going to start playing young players a lot more and sitting veterans? I guess Skal doesn't pass the test of young player worth playing(?).
They already have WCS at this poisition, and WCS has been better.

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2018, 08:46:43 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Any times the Kings want to do something, I'm happy to be on the other side of that trade.

Mike

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2018, 09:19:57 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

One doesn't preclude the other. And I suspect the idea is to move them for someone who is expiring, so that they don't have to eat multiple years of their salary when waiving them, as a minimum. Like Skal and Richardson, Nader is on the book for multiple years.
Nader is only partially guaranteed this summer (and obviously the following years).  The guarantee is 450k.  So the rest of this season and the buy out is right around a million dollars.  It is pretty easy to eat that.  Semi and Theis are also only partially guaranteed, but they are better than Nader and wouldn't make sense to trade in that type of scenario.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2018, 09:24:38 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Nader is only partially guaranteed this summer (and obviously the following years).  The guarantee is 450k.  So the rest of this season and the buy out is right around a million dollars.  It is pretty easy to eat that.  Semi and Theis are also only partially guaranteed, but they are better than Nader and wouldn't make sense to trade in that type of scenario.

As someone who wanted to draft Skal (twice) I’d love it if we explored options to acquire him for cheap.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2018, 12:40:05 PM »

Offline shake603

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13

As someone who wanted to draft Skal (twice) I’d love it if we explored options to acquire him for cheap.

We could act as the third team in this scenario if we were willing to use the DPE and trade Nader.

As part of a larger deal with CLE:
Nader for Skal
Frye into the DPE (subsequently bought out // or used if Stevens likes him)

That facilitates 2 roster spots for Sac and removes a contract matching issue for both SAC and CLE. We may be able to get more in picks possibly for the service.

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2018, 12:55:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Maybe it's just me, but if our DPE is used up on Channing Frye, I'll be disappointed.

Yes, we could also get back Skal (by trading Nader or Yabu), but what will REALLY help us in the playoffs is someone like Greg Monroe, Tyreke Evans or Tyson Chandler. NOT Frye.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2018, 01:15:28 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Maybe it's just me, but if our DPE is used up on Channing Frye, I'll be disappointed.

It is definitely NOT just you.

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2018, 01:38:12 PM »

Offline shake603

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13

Yes, we could also get back Skal (by trading Nader or Yabu), but what will REALLY help us in the playoffs is someone like Greg Monroe, Tyreke Evans or Tyson Chandler. NOT Frye.

Its just an idea of how to actually give them value for Skal, they're looking for open roster spots so simply trading them 1 for 1 is less appealing to them.

If Ainge is able to use the DPE on a guy that will help us make the finals then i'm all for it, otherwise I'd like to see it maximized in a way like this to bring value from it beyond this season.

Celtics interest in Skal Labissiere??
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2018, 04:41:06 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Read an article that in order for the Cavs and Kings to make a deal for Hill, the Kings would move Skal since they would be taking on Frye and Shumpert.

I think he would give us some much needed size. His contract is manageable and he's young.

Somehow Ainge always has a hand in whatever deal the Cavs are trying to make? LOL Keep it up Danny!

Re: Celtics interest in Skal Labissiere??
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2018, 04:45:52 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619