Author Topic: Suns taking offers for Gortat, Dudley , Beasley ?  (Read 8330 times)

Suns taking offers for Gortat, Dudley , Beasley ?
« on: January 08, 2013, 05:25:44 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Phoenix Suns are exploring offers for Jared Dudley, Michael Beasley, and now Marcin Gortat. (Source: Sam Amico)

now Sam Amico Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO

As I reported Monday, Suns extremely active, willing to trade anyone. Y! Sports now reporting Suns engaged in talks for Grizzlies' Rudy Gay.

http://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO

We have to get Gortat if we can Keep Bradley IMO . I would hate to lose Sully, but the extra size and shot blocking that Gortat would provide would be more important IMO . Gortat is still relatively young and his contract would expire with KG and PP if we wanted to let him walk and free up a bunch of cap room .  He would be really good with Rondo in the pick and role and another anchor for the Defense.

Re: Suns taking offers Gortat,Dudley , Beasley ?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 05:28:53 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
it would be nice if we could somehow get him without trading either bradley or sully. maybe a package of bass and some first round picks or something.

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 05:31:03 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
it would be nice if we could somehow get him without trading either bradley or sully. maybe a package of bass and some first round picks or something.

yea dream scenario would be Bass or Lee and melo plus a 1st for gortat

Re: Suns taking offers for Gortat, Dudley , Beasley ?
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 05:31:17 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I just can't give up Sully for him, maybe I'm too much of a homer but I don't think we need a move that big. Plus if we did trade Sully we'd have to include somebody else as there's about a 6 mill difference in Gortat/Sully's contracts
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 05:31:51 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
would I trade Sullinger in a package for a star? yes

Gortat is no star...he's an above average center..I'm not sure of the fascination with him on this board like he is some sort of star/savior.

Ainge is riding a line between building for the future and competing now...and trading your quality young assets that could help you in the future for help "now" is not something ainge would/should do IMO

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 05:31:56 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

I'd hate to give up Lee he's growing on me his defense and all around game are getting better by each game
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 05:32:01 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The Suns are looking to dump Gortat's contract. Bass comes with a longer obligation and more money overall on his deal.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 05:32:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd love to get Gortat.  He would be great for this team.

But at this point, I wouldn't trade for him unless we could do it without having to give up Bradley or Sullinger.

Giving up one of those guys should only be if the Celtics can get an All-Star caliber player in return.  Since that seems unlikely, I wouldn't move either.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 05:33:07 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

I'd hate to give up Lee he's growing on me his defense and all around game are getting better by each game

you are filling one hole, but building another one somewhere else(defense on the bench)

the C's are better off making a minor move in getting an improvement over Collins

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 05:35:26 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Phoenix hasnt been right since they let Amare walk for nothing in return..they should have traded him for picks and a young player..if a player said he may not be back (Bosh also) u better trade him!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 05:38:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Phoenix hasnt been right since they let Amare walk for nothing in return..they should have traded him for picks and a young player..if a player said he may not be back (Bosh also) u better trade him!

Considering they were a legit contender in 2009-2010 and took the eventual champion Lakers to 6 games in the WCF (very competitive), I think they probably feel okay about keeping him that year.  That was a really quality playoff run.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 05:39:23 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Since we've been playing the best ball of the season the past three games, Ainge should be very careful with any deal he makes. With that said, I'd still love to have Gortat on the team but that means KG moves back to PF. Based on what we've seen last season and now, Garnett really excels at the center position at this point in his career.

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 05:40:39 PM »

Offline Sizzlack

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
The Suns are looking to dump Gortat's contract. Bass comes with a longer obligation and more money overall on his deal.

Lee and Melo plus 1st round pick, Suns are looking to trade him anyway, they get a young, fairly cheap SG who is an instant upgrade to a position of need for them (Lee is lightyears better than Dudeley), a promising prospect in Melo, and a first round pick.

If I'm Phx, I do that, in a heartbeat. If I'm Danny, I pull the trigger ASAP.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d3yh5gc

Suns also save 1mil in the deal this year and next, add 6mil overall, but get a starting caliber SG for the price.

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 05:41:10 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Ainge is riding a line between building for the future and competing now...and trading your quality young assets that could help you in the future for help "now" is not something ainge would/should do IMO

Agreed. We were an Avery Bradley short from reaching the Finals last season. Okay, okay, maybe a Jeff Green and Chris Wilcox short, too.  ;)

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 05:41:29 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Bass Terry Melo possibly some picks.