Author Topic: First Round Game 1: Atlanta Hawks at Boston Celtics, 4/20/08 (8:30pm, TNT)  (Read 59370 times)

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Sixers Beat the Pistons...... Now cut to the Celtics game

Amen

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I truly do hate TNT.  Great win for the 6ers though it was worth it.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Sixers Beat the Pistons...... Now cut to the Celtics game

Amen

Apparently, we're up 8-2...but I surely wouldn't know from personal sight...cmon TNT...I'm getting antsy here...

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
It appears pretty smokey in the Garden.

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Sixers Win In Detroit 90 to 86!       Sixers Win In Detroit 90 to 86!       Sixers Win In Detroit 90 to 86!       Sixers Win In Detroit 90 to 86!       Sixers Win In Detroit 90 to 86!       Sixers Win In Detroit 90 to 86!       Sixers Win In Detroit 90 to 86!       Sixers Win In Detroit 90 to 86!
Gotta love it!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline NYDan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
That last three by Pierce barely made the net move. He's feeling it!

Offline Three Hours Early

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
  • Screw you too, David Stern!
Am I the only one who doesn't like Dick Stockton?  Some announcers are just unfireable for some reason no matter how uncompelling they are.  Stockton, Musberger, and analysts like Tim McCarver come quickly to mind.

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
Sixers Win In Detroit 90 to 86!       Sixers Win In Detroit 90 to 86!       Sixers Win In Detroit 90 to 86!       Sixers Win In Detroit 90 to 86!       Sixers Win In Detroit 90 to 86!       Sixers Win In Detroit 90 to 86!       Sixers Win In Detroit 90 to 86!       Sixers Win In Detroit 90 to 86!
Gotta love it!

Let the world know!

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Pierce is on fire, and Rage is coming up huge against Bibby ... gotta love it!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
This might be as close as Atlanta gets

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • My alter ego
Gotta love it!

Sweet rolling text, Bahku!  TP  :)

-sw

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
Nice block by Powe.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Am I the only one who doesn't like Dick Stockton?  Some announcers are just unfireable for some reason no matter how uncompelling they are.  Stockton, Musberger, and analysts like Tim McCarver come quickly to mind.
I really like Dick Stockton. Not wild about the Czar.

I dislike/hate lots of ESPN's crew. Too much focus on having an ex-NBA player/coach instead of adding someone who's a quality commentator.

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I dislike/hate lots of ESPN's crew. Too much focus on having an ex-NBA player/coach instead of adding someone who's a quality commentator.

I think we all have announcers who rub us the wrong way ... I can't stand Reggie Miller or Bill Walton, (sorry, Bill .. . loved ya on the team, but I can't take your pontificating!)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • My alter ego

I think we all have announcers who rub us the wrong way ... I can't stand Reggie Miller or Bill Walton, (sorry, Bill .. . loved ya on the team, but I can't take your pontificating!)

I'll split ya, Bahku.  No problems with Reggie here, but I'm no Walton booster (though I credit him for at least a slight improvement this season).

Though I hear what you're saying, Who, what do you think of Van Gundy as one of those ex-coaches?  He's been my "Most Improved Commentator" of the year by a longshot this year.  I've really come to love him next to my boy Breen (second only to Frazier as an analyst).

-sw