Author Topic: NFL 2023 Season  (Read 115321 times)

Re: NFL 2023 Season
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2023, 11:02:36 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Just a non-news Newsflash on my phone from the Atlantic:  Jets not pursuing Tom Brady.

For real

I'd like to think Brady isn't stupid enough to go to the Jets of all teams. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2023, 11:35:51 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
If we know one thing, it's that the NFL understands things like science.....   ::)

cough...ideal gas law...cough

Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
·
28m
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on NFLPA's call for grass fields: "You have other players who like playing on the turf field, because it's faster. So you've got mixed opinions. What we want to go on is science, we want to go on what's the best from an injury standpoint."

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2023, 11:42:21 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
God I hate injuries, in any sport.  Rodgers is a bit of a dink, but I would have loved to see what he could do in NY. 

Yes, football is a violent sport.  But, if natural grass would make it safer, it should be mandated.
the non contact injuries occur more more frequently on turf (easier for cleat to get stuck), but I'm curious what the data is for bad weather, contact injuries, etc.  I've only ever really heard about the non contact stuff.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2023, 11:45:24 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
The Jets clearly need someone. Not sure what the options are.  I mean could they get someone like Andy Dalton for a later round pick.  I'm sure the Panthers like having him to help guide Young (and as injury insurance), but if they could get a 5th rounder for him, I'd have to think they'd think hard about it and that makes sense for the Jets.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2023, 12:03:12 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Bengals waived La'el Collins. I think some teams will sniff around him. Last I heard he was progressing well from the PUP list and he is obviously talented.
#JKJB

« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2023, 12:14:58 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Bengals waived La'el Collins. I think some teams will sniff around him. Last I heard he was progressing well from the PUP list and he is obviously talented.

I was trying to remember why he didn't get drafted when he came out:

Regarded as a first round pick in the 2015 NFL Draft and a likely top ten prospect, Collins started to drop when it was announced that he was scheduled to talk to the Louisiana State police days after the draft, about the shooting death of a pregnant woman with whom he previously had a relationship, even though he was not considered a suspect in the crime. He eventually went undrafted after his agents threatened that he would sit out the season and enter the 2016 NFL Draft, if any NFL team selected him after the third round.

I am sure that the Patriots will check out any viable OL options.  The question of course is what does he have left, physically and mentally.

« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2023, 06:44:10 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
The Jets clearly need someone. Not sure what the options are.  I mean could they get someone like Andy Dalton for a later round pick.  I'm sure the Panthers like having him to help guide Young (and as injury insurance), but if they could get a 5th rounder for him, I'd have to think they'd think hard about it and that makes sense for the Jets.

I think Dalton and Jacoby Brissett are decent options for the Jets. They should be targeting a veteran backup game manager. The Jets have enough talent to still make a push with an average quarterback.

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2023, 08:27:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Cooper Rush can be an option for the Jets via trade. He did pretty well for DAL when Dak was out last season going 4-2 in his absence, and one of the losses was to a loaded Eagles team by 9 which was honestly his only terrible game of the 6. Dallas traded for Lance so maybe Rush is available. The Jets defense is so good that even slightly above average QB play can get them to the playoffs, but Zach Wilson simply isn't that guy.

I understand they drafted him with the 2nd overall pick so they are hoping he can develop and don't want to cut bait yet, but I think it's pretty obvious the Jets coaches, players, and even other figures outside the Jets think he's a bust and has a poor attitude. Idk if people noticed but Peyton Manning (on the Manningcast) and Troy Aikman literally sounded like they hated Wilson and were disgusted by him lol
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2023, 11:23:41 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Cooper Rush can be an option for the Jets via trade. He did pretty well for DAL when Dak was out last season going 4-2 in his absence, and one of the losses was to a loaded Eagles team by 9 which was honestly his only terrible game of the 6. Dallas traded for Lance so maybe Rush is available. The Jets defense is so good that even slightly above average QB play can get them to the playoffs, but Zach Wilson simply isn't that guy.

I understand they drafted him with the 2nd overall pick so they are hoping he can develop and don't want to cut bait yet, but I think it's pretty obvious the Jets coaches, players, and even other figures outside the Jets think he's a bust and has a poor attitude. Idk if people noticed but Peyton Manning (on the Manningcast) and Troy Aikman literally sounded like they hated Wilson and were disgusted by him lol

Zach Wilson wanted to make his backup QB life hell   ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2023, 03:40:05 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Was hoping KC will go 0-2, but it looks like they may get the W in Jacksonville. Up 17-9 in JAX with 8 minutes to go.

Ravens up 27-17 in Cincy...got this in the bag. After that large contract for Joe Burrows, not looking good...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2023, 04:42:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
The AFC in general off to a very shaky start. Even the elite teams in the conference (KC/BUF/CIN) have been iffy and Burrow and the Bengals are now 0-2 as well.

Right now it feels like the only "Tier 1" teams in the entire league are Niners, Eagles and Cowboys

AFC has looked iffy to start in general. Maybe it's the result of a slow, relaxed preseason for most teams nowadays.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2023, 05:06:29 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
The AFC in general off to a very shaky start. Even the elite teams in the conference (KC/BUF/CIN) have been iffy and Burrow and the Bengals are now 0-2 as well.

Right now it feels like the only "Tier 1" teams in the entire league are Niners, Eagles and Cowboys

AFC has looked iffy to start in general. Maybe it's the result of a slow, relaxed preseason for most teams nowadays.

If Philly and Dallas are Tier 1, you must be reasonably pleased that the Pats played well enough to win last week. Also, a loss to Dallas would be expected. 
Tonight’s game and next week are huge for the Pats.

Dallas seems to be handling the Jets D pretty well so far - though only 10-0.

Dallas putting a lot of pressure on Wilson. Should be great for BB to watch this game and learn for weeks 3 and 4.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 05:11:43 PM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2023, 05:32:51 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
Interesting to see Arizona up over the Giants 20-0 at halftime.

So… 60-0 start for Giants, averaging 20-0 per half.  Maybe makes the Cowboys appear a little less good? 

« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2023, 05:33:00 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Word is that Burrow reinjured his calf ugh
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2023, 05:37:03 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Don’t care bout jets-cowboys game but refs are horrible..2 roughing the passer penalties were not & some Pass interference calls are questionable
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin