Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Video Games / Re: What gaming system to buy
« Last post by Roy H. on Today at 10:39:44 PM »
My kids are getting older and to the age when they can play real video game systems.  I only have old systems from well before my kids. I am trying to decide between a refurbished PS4 Pro or a PS5.  The 5 is more than twice as expensive, but is obviously new and better.  The 4 pro does have 4k graphics and a solid processing speed (especially for the types of games my kids would play). There are a lot more games for the 4 and they are a lot cheaper.  I'd rather go the cheaper option and if I need to upgrade down the line just wait for the 6, but I don't want to "waste" money on an inferior system.  I'd play as well, but mostly offline games.

Any thoughts?

I have both. I got my PS4 in 2014 and my PS5 last year. It really depends on how discerning your kids are. If they're below the age of 15 you can get away with a PS4, they won't be able to tell the difference. Especially if you're playing mainly sports games (which I do too, and yes offline in franchise or GM mode because playing NBA2k and FIFA (now FC) are basically pay to win these days and you will get hammered if you don't do all the microtransactions).

But if you want to play Assassin's Creed, Baldurs Gate 3 (that might be a bit too much for younger kids with all the nudity  ;D ), Cyberpunk 2077 (which is terrible on the PS4), Elden Ring, Ragnarok, you'll want a PS5. And yes the majority of PS4 games are backwards compatible on PS5. If you did buy one I suspect you will get many years value out of it, no matter when the PS6 is coming out.
My kids are both in early elementary school and are girls and don't show much interest in that type of game.  Even if they did, they are years away from being allowed to play them anyway.  I suppose since the PS5 plays PS4 games, it is probably ok, but I've been burned by that on prior system upgrades where I couldn't play the game or the functionality wasn't right, and didn't want that to happen.  Also, saving a couple of hundred bucks on the system leads to more games out of the gate (since I will pick up a couple sports games for me and then some for the girls).

In terms of sports games, if you can live with it I suggest purchasing them about 1 year old at GameStop.  My son is just starting to like the games, and we picked up 2023 versions of NHL, Madden, MLB The Show and WWE for between $10 and $17 each.
« Last post by Goldstar88 on Today at 10:38:52 PM »
Nintendo Switch

Around the NBA / Re: NBA Season 2023-24
« Last post by JSD on Today at 10:37:42 PM »
You have crapped their pants harder in this game than Keegan Murray.
« Last post by JSD on Today at 10:32:25 PM »
PS5 has a decade long shelf life. PS4 will be obsolete within two years
« Last post by JSD on Today at 10:30:11 PM »
I like Trey Murphy’s game. He has a smooth high arching jumpshot
« Last post by Moranis on Today at 10:29:53 PM »
My kids are getting older and to the age when they can play real video game systems.  I only have old systems from well before my kids. I am trying to decide between a refurbished PS4 Pro or a PS5.  The 5 is more than twice as expensive, but is obviously new and better.  The 4 pro does have 4k graphics and a solid processing speed (especially for the types of games my kids would play). There are a lot more games for the 4 and they are a lot cheaper.  I'd rather go the cheaper option and if I need to upgrade down the line just wait for the 6, but I don't want to "waste" money on an inferior system.  I'd play as well, but mostly offline games.

Any thoughts?

I have both. I got my PS4 in 2014 and my PS5 last year. It really depends on how discerning your kids are. If they're below the age of 15 you can get away with a PS4, they won't be able to tell the difference. Especially if you're playing mainly sports games (which I do too, and yes offline in franchise or GM mode because playing NBA2k and FIFA (now FC) are basically pay to win these days and you will get hammered if you don't do all the microtransactions).

But if you want to play Assassin's Creed, Baldurs Gate 3 (that might be a bit too much for younger kids with all the nudity  ;D ), Cyberpunk 2077 (which is terrible on the PS4), Elden Ring, Ragnarok, you'll want a PS5. And yes the majority of PS4 games are backwards compatible on PS5. If you did buy one I suspect you will get many years value out of it, no matter when the PS6 is coming out.
My kids are both in early elementary school and are girls and don't show much interest in that type of game.  Even if they did, they are years away from being allowed to play them anyway.  I suppose since the PS5 plays PS4 games, it is probably ok, but I've been burned by that on prior system upgrades where I couldn't play the game or the functionality wasn't right, and didn't want that to happen.  Also, saving a couple of hundred bucks on the system leads to more games out of the gate (since I will pick up a couple sports games for me and then some for the girls). 
« Last post by Goldstar88 on Today at 10:14:27 PM »
Hope the Kings win. Zion is the only player worth watching on the Pelicans.
Celtics Talk / Re: Poll: Heat vs. Celtics Series Predictions
« Last post by Goldstar88 on Today at 10:13:18 PM »
Gentlemen sweep. I expect Miami to get hot from 3 and steal 1 game.
« Last post by JSD on Today at 10:12:56 PM »
Wipe the floor then sweep
« Last post by SparzWizard on Today at 10:07:30 PM »
Celtics better prepare for every junk zone. That’s what spo will resort to. Heat can’t guard Boston straight up

If they didn't spend all the past week practicing against a zone or devising a plan then that's on the coaches. Porzingis himself should also be able to disrupt it.

There is zero reason the C's should feel spooked against a zone like the Sixers did the other night for long stretches of the first half. They've also played Miami in the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years, they should be used to it.

Feels like we have had too many Celtics/Heat playoffs games. Especially dating back to the Pierce/Garnett/Allen days. This rivalry runs deep.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10