Author Topic: STM renewal  (Read 5823 times)

STM renewal
« on: February 19, 2020, 11:17:00 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Just got the renewal email, and unless my eyes deceive me it doesn't look like they increased pricing for next season??

2020-21 STM Renewals
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 11:24:33 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Just got my invoice for next season.  My price increased from $92 to $100 average per seat per game for row 2 center court balcony. (8.7% increase)

Price increased from $84 to $92 last offseason (9.4% increase).

The two seasons prior, prices went from $60 to $72 to $84, but I've also landed better seats each time so can't compare directly.  I recall it would have been an increase no matter what each season, but can't nail down the exact percent.

I keep saying I don't know how much longer I can keep this up, but one thing I'm starting to really appreciate is how the benefits have really improved over the past 12 years, which has made it worth it for me.  The on court shoot-around, road watch party, etc. are pretty cool events.  I took a friend to the post-game shoot-around this year who had never done it before and he loved it.  These cool extra benefits were nonexistent a decade ago back when ticket prices were in the $30-$60 range.  I'm also still not losing any money overall when reselling my tickets, although my resell prices have definitely dropped in recent months.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Re: STM renewal
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 11:37:17 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
My average ticket price went up $5 to $125. This is the 5th year in a row of increases. My seats got worse this year. A couple of notes:

I now have McKenzie as my rep. I like her.

Despite the team’s success, I’m having more trouble this year than in the past with resales. I’ll still come out ahead, but not by much.

There does not seem to be an early renewal contest/perk this year. 

I agree with Action781 that the perks are good, but I’m annoyed that there were only 3 nights available to meet a player and they were all gone within minutes. Auerbach tour, here I come!

Mike

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 11:43:35 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
My average ticket price went up $5 to $125. This is the 5th year in a row of increases. My seats got worse this year. A couple of notes:

I now have McKenzie as my rep. I like her.

Despite the team’s success, I’m having more trouble this year than in the past with resales. I’ll still come out ahead, but not by much.

I agree with Action781 that the perks are good, but I’m annoyed that there were only 3 nights available to meet a player and they were all gone within minutes. Auerbach tour, here I come!

Mike

Sales were definitely a grind for me as well this season, and more often then not I could have went to any game of my choosing, with better seats for under my cost. I'm always on the fence about renewing, but the team is just too good not to.

Will you be getting your original seats back next season?

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 11:46:32 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo

I got one detailed in an email from my rep today.  It seems even bigger w/ more chances than previous ones, which is also cool.

Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 11:47:47 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

I got one detailed in an email from my rep today.  It seems even bigger w/ more chances than previous ones, which is also cool.

You are indeed correct on all counts. Don’t know how I missed it.

Mike

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 11:54:31 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
Playoff prices didn't jump as much for me, interestingly.

Rounds 1 & 2 -- $5 increase per seat per game (5% and 3.7%)
Round 3 -- $10 increase (5.7%)
Finals -- $20 increase (8%)

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 12:06:34 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
Playoff prices didn't jump as much for me, interestingly.

Rounds 1 & 2 -- $5 increase per seat per game (5% and 3.7%)
Round 3 -- $10 increase (5.7%)
Finals -- $20 increase (8%)

A couple of games in the finals in the resale market could pay for the entire next season!

Mike

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 03:29:02 PM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
My prices went up 7.7% next season with huge increases for the playoffs (R1 12.8%, R2 53.8%, R3 200%, Finals 310%).

I have great seats that I love but they're becoming unaffordable to the point that I end up selling most of them. Might try to work out something with my rep to move back up to the balcony but it'll be really hard to let go of the seats I have.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 03:59:06 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Sorry guys but someone has to foot the bill for all of the over the cap $$$. Poor Wyc and partners gotta eat too you know.

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2020, 04:32:30 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
Sorry guys but someone has to foot the bill for all of the over the cap $$$. Poor Wyc and partners gotta eat too you know.

Speaking of eating, don’t even get me started on concession prices...

Mike

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2020, 05:34:02 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Mike
yeah, been a few years since I've been to the games -- seats and concessions are just too expensive.  I'm not sure I've been to a game since Jaylen Brown's been on the team.

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2020, 05:45:35 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Mike
yeah, been a few years since I've been to the games -- seats and concessions are just too expensive.  I'm not sure I've been to a game since Jaylen Brown's been on the team.

I haven’t been to a game (in Boston) since Tony Delk was on the team, so...

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2020, 02:40:48 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
Celtics have not changed their deadlines for STM renewal.  I just sent the following email to my rep:

Hey Sara,

I'm open to renewing my membership -- I was leaning towards it originally -- but I'm far less sure with the economic uncertainty that lies ahead in this crisis.

Is there any way for this renewal deadline to be extended?  I get that it might not be your call.  But can you please forward this request to whoever's call it is?  Perhaps an extension until like April 15 or so?  I think asking a 2x payment for the monthly payment due in April would be a reasonable request from the Celtics if this extension was granted to account for the March payment missed.

Thanks,
Billy

If anyone else feels similarly, I suggest sending a similar request.  It would probably take several of them for an extension to actually be granted.

I will update what I hear back.

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2020, 11:34:07 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
I'm curious what STM holders are thinking about the resale market next season.

What I know:
1) My tickets increased by 8%
2) Ticket sales were really hot in August (we hadn't actually played yet and there was some hype about Kemba), but really cooled down after Christmas to the point I was generally selling for less than face value.

What I don't know:
1) What will demand be for games next season?  With Brady and Mookie leaving, will the Celtics grab a lot of new sports attention?  Will the current economic status of the country drive down the demand/price for games next season?
2) How will the team look next season?  Better, worse, or equal to our current season's performance?

Love to hear your takes on my two "What I don't know" questions.  I'm currently feeling like this is a true 50-50 call for me.