Author Topic: An early look at Players Cs could take with late 1st  (Read 9479 times)

An early look at Players Cs could take with late 1st
« on: January 11, 2018, 09:43:26 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Everyone is focused on the Lakers pick. I'm just pointing out a few players who are largely ranked at 2nd round picks that the Cs could look at with their pick.

Austin Wiley
, Soph Center for Auburn has great size 6'11 7'5wing and 250lbs. He is currently suspended while the FBI investigates if Chuck Person paid his family to get him to Auburn. He is a project who was very effective just under 9pts 5rb and 1.3blks in 18mpg as a freshman. Played in the FIBA U19 this summer and averaged 10pt 10rb in 20mpg. He would be a project who could turn into a legit traditional starting 5.

VS Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpprMni5mcY

Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, wing for Kansas. He is young for his senior class. elite shooting prospect.

Grayson Allen, everyone knows him. Hard nosed physical guard who shoots the ball really well

Shake Milton, SMU big guard who plays point for SMU at 6'6 with a 7' wingspan. Also shoots the ball at a very high level
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:25:01 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: An early look at Players Cs could take with late 1st
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 09:46:06 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'd truly stay away from Allen...what the dude does with his legs on defense are not basketball plays. He'll be out of the league in a year or two.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 11:30:04 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
I'd truly stay away from Allen...what the dude does with his legs on defense are not basketball plays. He'll be out of the league in a year or two.

I will agree his behavior on court leaves a lot to be desired but I can easily see DA liking him. As a physical guard who can play both on and off the ball and hit the 3 he will have long term value as an NBA bench player.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 11:43:30 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I just did a separate thread on Mitchell Robinson, who could be available late first round. Check it out.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 12:08:18 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
could you be a bit more specific on "his legs"? thanks.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 12:11:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I am someone that thinks the LA pick will convey so there is a great chance we either trade this pick or draft a stash player. This team just won't need two more rookies next year.

If the pick doesn't convey, I still see the Cs drafting a player to stash.

Grayson Allen wouldn't be a bad pick. He reminds me a lot of Dellavedova

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 12:15:23 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
I just did a separate thread on Mitchell Robinson, who could be available late first round. Check it out.

I was going to include Robinson but there is so little info him in terms of international play, game videos or even high profile high school matchups for me to have an opinion on him. I will say that based on the Mcdonalds highlights and his measurements he would be another interesting late 1st pick up.

One thing to note is that Austin Wiley and projected mid first round pick Brandon McCoy both beat out Robinson in the Team USA U19 tryouts.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 12:28:40 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
could you be a bit more specific on "his legs"? thanks.
He trips everybody.

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 04:23:35 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Rawle Alkins.  With AB gone and with the chance that Smart doesn't come back, Alkins is a big, tough guard that can defend. Would be a good addition.

Now let's get Ayton and Alkins, the Tucson two-step, and we are in business.  ;D

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 05:42:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I dunno the league tolerates Matthew Dellavedova, Sasha Vujačić and Zaza Pachulia.

In all honesty, I hope we get better players than are on the above list.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:56:47 PM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 05:45:24 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Shake Milton or Bruce Brown would be good, assuming we lose Smart.

If we keep Smart I'd take one of the lower bigs, like Robinson or Austin Wiley
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 06:07:24 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Danny Ainge did the same stuff when he played. Lol

https://youtu.be/7cTs4zpI3CQ

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 06:28:05 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Plenty of guys do plenty of things that are not basketball plays. Smart has. Wade has. Simmons just did in the game today. Marcus Morris gets into multiple dust-ups every year. Cousins is constantly throwing elbows. Draymond Green plays with an edge that verges on dirty non-basketball plays. Isaiah Thomas just whacked Wiggins in the head.

I'm not saying he's not dirty. I'm just saying I think the "tripping" thing is a bit overexaggerrated. None of his trips were dangerous to the opposing basketball player. They were unsportsmanlike, but not dangerous. I think hard fouls in the air or tomahawking a guys arm on a drive is more dangerous than any dirty play Allen has made.

At that point, you just have to examine his work ethic, team attitude, and ability to impact the game. I really like his three-point shooting and I think his driving will be even better with a spread out court in the NBA. He plays for a winning team, and he helps his team win games. He has one of the best euro-steps in college basketball and has the ability to finish explosively at the rim.

He will end up being a good player if he gets drafted by a good coach like Pop, Carlisle, Spo, or CBS. In the right system, he could be an Evan Fournier, which is great value late in the first round.

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 05:19:31 AM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Not a fan of Grayson Allen but I actually thinks his offensive game will translate well to the NBA an he will have a good career. I think it depends on how Tatum feels about him tbh.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 06:18:55 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Diallo of UK..reminds me of Gerald green
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin