Author Topic: I feel like the storm is over  (Read 7742 times)

Re: I feel like the storm is over
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2019, 01:57:43 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2019, 02:00:14 AM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
I'd rather choose Raptors to play in playoffs (over Bucks and Sixers). We know their best bastketball is in regular season, after that they are slowing. Yet, Celtics, as season progresses, they play better and better.

This Raptors team is a lot different than years past. Kawhi is as elite as they come, Danny Green adds a lot and Siakam is very good.  We can’t expect them to be anything like they have been in the playoffs recently. 

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2019, 02:05:32 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
I'd rather choose Raptors to play in playoffs (over Bucks and Sixers). We know their best bastketball is in regular season, after that they are slowing. Yet, Celtics, as season progresses, they play better and better.

This Raptors team is a lot different than years past. Kawhi is as elite as they come, Danny Green adds a lot and Siakam is very good.  We can’t expect them to be anything like they have been in the playoffs recently.
I do expect that Ibakas and Lowry's production will fall in the playoffs, but as a team I still think that they have the highest ceiling of all other Eastern teams.

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2019, 02:27:49 AM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Kyrie in the Thunder game was 13/14 on two point FGs.  That is so good for a guy his size.

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2019, 02:37:18 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Kyrie in the Thunder game was 13/14 on two point FGs.  That is so good for a guy his size.

That's why it's really laughable why some of the Celtic fans here want Kyrie out of Boston.

I mean Knicks fans are desperate for Kyrie to join the Knicks this summer.
They were chanting his name at MSG.

Kyrie is a legit NBA superstar and considered by some NBA experts as the ultimate closer.
Why would you want to get rid of someone like that?

So crazy!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 04:30:04 AM by Fierce1 »

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2019, 03:20:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
In a turbulent turn of events, these past weeks, or even last 3 months, I feel like Celtics have come out of the storm.
There were many questions, egos, hungry players, and too few minutes and answers at the beginning of the year.
But after the conflict phase relationships enter the acceptance phase and I'd say we are there now.

Kyrie, still learning the ropes of being a leader but possessing the 1-in-a-billion-talent was naturally frustrated after our losses, like all players were.
He came out a bit reckless criticizing young players publicly, they certainly didn't like it, but judging by the past 4 games since the friction came out, they have accepted it. They, like all of our veteran players, knew before, now understand that Kyrie is a to lead them toward success. The best thing they can do themselves is to support him and give their best at the stuff they can control - Give effort and fall into a line. Voluntary cooperation.

Al said about Kyrie: “Having that kind of player, and that kind of luxury, where we can just let him kind of take over, is good.”
I think that sums things up. Fight as a unit, make the job for Kyrie easier, and he will be killing it like we know he is capable of killing teams.
31&11 on 60% since that spat. The spat that resolved the pecking order - once and for all. I hope.

Maybe ...just maybe

Kyrie has been passing the ball well and frequently as of late. Like I said before... no reason he cant avg at least 10

Press on the "hero ball" gas when necessary.   He did a very good juggling act of this vs OKC

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2019, 04:49:42 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

I do expect that Ibakas and Lowry's production will fall in the playoffs, but as a team I still think that they have the highest ceiling of all other Eastern teams.

It's not about Kawhi or Green, it's about the franchise. We're talking about Raptors mentality. 2 players can change some things, but some of them not. All these players except Kawhi/Green have been part of their chokes in PO's. Just can't ignore that.

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2019, 05:15:00 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

I do expect that Ibakas and Lowry's production will fall in the playoffs, but as a team, I still think that they have the highest ceiling of all other Eastern teams.

It's not about Kawhi or Green, it's about the franchise. We're talking about Raptors mentality. 2 players can change some things, but some of them not. All these players except Kawhi/Green have been part of their chokes in PO's. Just can't ignore that.
Sure you don't ignore it, but you also acknowledge the fact that they are led by a new "young" coach, that their best player now is a top 5 two way guy and not defenseless and 3PTless, disclosed DD. Also, Siakam made great strides this year. Green added space, defense, and experience, Powell is playing better, OG looks like he will contribute in the playoffs. Vleet, Wright... there a lot of factors to include in while projecting them. Theoretically, they can get switching defense and 3pt shooting throughout their whole 5-man unit. Only we, GSW and Houston can say that out of 30 teams and those teams are the biggest threats for this year's title IMO.
If we stick to the same old judgments each season then there is no fun in following the game. We can unfollow basketball for 3 years and we would still know "everything".
And just like we like to see when people change for the better (feels like they rarely do, but we appreciate those times), I like to see a team change its path (not over our Celtics of course). Think of 2011 Mavs who extinguished the Heat, they were also often labeled as chokers.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 05:34:30 AM by Androslav »