Poll

Which post was the best post for 2008-09

dark lord's "Why the Obama Inaugeration Was Important to Him"
oldmanspeaks' "Advice to Jsaad"
Neurotic Guy's "Gay Marriage Opinion"
Celtic's "Will Solomon isn't Home"
Roy Hobbs' "Salary Cap Situation and FAQs: 2009 Edition"

Author Topic: Vote for Celticsblog 2008-09 Post of the Year  (Read 43299 times)

Re: Vote for Celticsblog 2008-09 Post of the Year
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 04:59:42 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
i only got 4 votes.....better luck to me next year  ;)  its all good.  that is probably my fav post i have posted on this site in the yrs i have been associated with it and im proud of it.

Strangely I feel the same way about my nominated post, for very different reasons. I think of it as the best thing I have ever given to Celticsblog.

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2009, 11:03:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
VOTE!!

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2009, 12:28:29 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
people dont care, thus they dont vote.  i created a thread earlier and suggested allowing anyone, mods and posters, to nominate what they thought should be considered for the hof....then let the mods decide amongst themselves.

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2009, 12:31:41 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
40 people is a good quorum for a non celtic related polled topic IMHO
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2009, 12:39:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
people dont care, thus they dont vote.  i created a thread earlier and suggested allowing anyone, mods and posters, to nominate what they thought should be considered for the hof....then let the mods decide amongst themselves.
After the farce that went on this summer with the CB Draft and the name calling and mod conspiracy theories, you really believe that leaving voting for such things as post and front page article and fanpost and thread of the year would be best left in having the mods decide the winners?

I could hear the outcry already when Roy's post was elected post of the year and Redz and Edgar's "Ask Edgar" thread was elected thread of the year and a Steve Weinman article was elected article of the year.

Sorry DL, got mad respect for you but I just think you are wrong on this one. This is year one and was not marketed properly on this site for this year. This coming year there will be a lot more HOF threads and reminders of keeping posts and threads and fanposts in mind for end of year nominations. I'm already going to nominate last night's game thread as one of the game threads of the year. It was lively, fun, exciting, great discourse, and tons of participation.

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2009, 12:40:09 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
40 people is a good quorum for a non celtic related polled topic IMHO

I'm in agreement.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2009, 12:42:52 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Edgar's favorite post (and one of mine, too):  http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=31052.msg558944#msg558944

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2009, 11:46:23 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
After the farce that went on this summer with the CB Draft and the name calling and mod conspiracy theories, you really believe that leaving voting for such things as post and front page article and fanpost and thread of the year would be best left in having the mods decide the winners?

I could hear the outcry already when Roy's post was elected post of the year and Redz and Edgar's "Ask Edgar" thread was elected thread of the year and a Steve Weinman article was elected article of the year.

Sorry DL, got mad respect for you but I just think you are wrong on this one. This is year one and was not marketed properly on this site for this year. This coming year there will be a lot more HOF threads and reminders of keeping posts and threads and fanposts in mind for end of year nominations. I'm already going to nominate last night's game thread as one of the game threads of the year. It was lively, fun, exciting, great discourse, and tons of participation.

i see ur point, but disagree.  its all good, i respect u likewise....we can agree to disagree.  i just think, looking at the other nominated threads, have 21, 13, 26, and 13 votes respectedly....i just think if the votes are that low, maybe allow the mods to decide.  the cb draft was crappy all around, from what i remember, but if i recall correctly the voting was left for everyone and there was still drama.  in the end, i dont care either way.  i was just throwing out the suggestion and my 2 cents.  i support whatever decision u come up with.  the hof is in good hands with u.