Author Topic: Trade Deadline News (Celtics get Tillman, Jaden Springer)  (Read 25156 times)

Re: Trade Deadline News (Celtics get Tillman, Jaden Springer)
« Reply #300 on: March 22, 2024, 09:24:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Clearly the plan is to unleash them (KP + Tillman together) in the playoffs. Don't put this on tape beforehand!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #301 on: March 22, 2024, 11:42:35 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Clearly the plan is to unleash them (KP + Tillman together) in the playoffs. Don't put this on tape beforehand!

Well considering Wiseman had 6 rebounds (4 offensive) and 9 points in X's 8 min on court with KP before Joe subbed in Luke for him, it's safe to say we won't be seeing them together again anytime soon  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #302 on: March 23, 2024, 11:50:16 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

Well considering Wiseman had 6 rebounds (4 offensive) and 9 points in X's 8 min on court with KP before Joe subbed in Luke for him, it's safe to say we won't be seeing them together again anytime soon  :laugh:

I couldn't watch the game live but it seems Tillman got chewed out from Joe for not securing a loose rebound and got benched immediately.  Did I see this correctly?  Tilllman is not a guy that you normally need to bench for effort but that can't happen in the playoffs.  My biggest gripe with the C's is they allow too many offensive rebounds.  The C's rarely box out and when a shot goes up they are looking for the ball versus someone to box out.  Any team that has guys that make an effort going for rebounds are going to be able to grab quite a few.  I really like Tillman and home they resign him after this year.  I would have have shoot 1k 3pt shots every day in the offseason.

« Reply #303 on: March 23, 2024, 01:25:51 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

I couldn't watch the game live but it seems Tillman got chewed out from Joe for not securing a loose rebound and got benched immediately.  Did I see this correctly?  Tilllman is not a guy that you normally need to bench for effort but that can't happen in the playoffs.  My biggest gripe with the C's is they allow too many offensive rebounds.  The C's rarely box out and when a shot goes up they are looking for the ball versus someone to box out.  Any team that has guys that make an effort going for rebounds are going to be able to grab quite a few.  I really like Tillman and home they resign him after this year.  I would have have shoot 1k 3pt shots every day in the offseason.

He got chewed out for basically letting Wiseman have his way on the offensive boards by not boxing out and missing that rebound was the last straw probably. Uncharacteristic as he’s an effort guy. No surprise Luke showed much more emphasis on that, I’m sure Joe made a point of telling to make sure those were contested.

« Reply #304 on: March 23, 2024, 11:08:51 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732

He got chewed out for basically letting Wiseman have his way on the offensive boards by not boxing out and missing that rebound was the last straw probably. Uncharacteristic as he’s an effort guy. No surprise Luke showed much more emphasis on that, I’m sure Joe made a point of telling to make sure those were contested.

Good to hear that Joe has at least noticed our weak defensive rebounding. That needs to be a major point of emphasis down the stretch to build good habits for the playoffs. I like Tillman a lot and hope Joe doesn't bury him on the bench. He could be our 2024 PJ Brown.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #305 on: March 24, 2024, 04:00:23 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

Good to hear that Joe has at least noticed our weak defensive rebounding. That needs to be a major point of emphasis down the stretch to build good habits for the playoffs. I like Tillman a lot and hope Joe doesn't bury him on the bench. He could be our 2024 PJ Brown.

I think he just needed reminding of the importance of hustling...he was back in the 4th and his hustle was noticeable.