Author Topic: Heat (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) ECF Game 7 5/29/23  (Read 46858 times)

Re: Heat (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) ECF Game 7 5/29/23
« Reply #1200 on: May 30, 2023, 01:14:08 AM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273
The post game interviews of JT and JB were hard to watch. JT said it was very important to give JB his extension. JB on the other hand seemed lost and dare i say noncommittal when asked about the possibility of an extension. He just kept saying that “he failed” and would take it one day at a time. This is gonna be an interesting off season.

at least JB’s noncommittal attitude is consistent with the way he played during the postseason. boston is rightfully tired of this clown, but his arrogance will prevent him from owning any of it and improving his weaknesses this offseason. he needs a massive humbling and i hope he gets exiled to a perennial lottery team for the remainder of his career.

« Reply #1201 on: May 30, 2023, 01:58:22 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Now that this season is over, I want to get some things off of my chest.

There's a big part of me that is just happy this is over. I'll always root for the Celtics, but I never really believed in this group and I never connected with them the way I usually do.  This isn't the time to get into why - frankly I want to get away from this team for a while - but this is easily the fewest games I've watched in a season in the past 15 years.  When I did watch them, they were a much greater source of frustration than they were of enjoyment.  Feels strange to say that about a team with two All-NBA players, the 6MOTY, and the previous DPOY.  Yet here we are. 

I don't know what moves Brad will make this offseason regarding the coaching staff and the roster.  Perhaps even more importantly, I don't know what players will do to come back better next season.  But whatever happens, I sincerely hope I can get back to enjoying Celtics basketball come October.

Yeah, same here. It really was a chore to watch this team this year, and it was hard to connect with and enjoy them.

Everything from the inept coaching to the inconsistent effort and entitlement made this team joyless - very similar vibes to the 2019 Kyrie season and the 2021 giving up on Brad season.

This team needs a strong leader to get the best out of them. Joe isn't it. But I do think it's time to move on from Brown. Take advantage of some desperate teams in Portland, Atlanta, and/or Toronto. Simply too flawed to devote that much money to him.

It sounds cheesy and like an  old timer ( guess I am) but despite this teams’ talent, I agree. The heart wasn’t there. The maniacs among the superstars are usually the ones winning titles. KG created that culture. It’s intimidating to an opponent when they see the other team really is together and they wavy it bad.
   The Celtics should never  have been in this considering the raid t disparity and I do think the coaching is bad. I dint like the 3 heavy approach s d don’t understand why Rob can’t explore a 10 footer or even a 1 power dribble . Never sn arts of unless the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. click is going down. Why should we NOT care to use him as an offensive threat? ( other than a lob) What are we waiting for? He’s not capable of this? I’d be surprised. But maybe it’s just that Al ost religious devotion to analytics.

« Reply #1202 on: May 30, 2023, 03:48:51 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Loss 3 games at home to an 8th seed, unacceptable
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1203 on: May 30, 2023, 10:10:40 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
"CALEB MARTIN FOR 3"

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1204 on: May 30, 2023, 10:51:10 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The post game interviews of JT and JB were hard to watch. JT said it was very important to give JB his extension. JB on the other hand seemed lost and dare i say noncommittal when asked about the possibility of an extension. He just kept saying that “he failed” and would take it one day at a time. This is gonna be an interesting off season.

at least JB’s noncommittal attitude is consistent with the way he played during the postseason. boston is rightfully tired of this clown, but his arrogance will prevent him from owning any of it and improving his weaknesses this offseason. he needs a massive humbling and i hope he gets exiled to a perennial lottery team for the remainder of his career.
I'm not sure it's wise to over-interpret statements made by players who just lost the biggest game of their lives, and certainly not a player who clearly acknowledged that he failed. Let the dust settle, pull away and wait for cooler heads.

« Reply #1205 on: May 30, 2023, 11:34:11 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Look, i think a lot of reactions to last night are fair. This rxn is crazy.

The guy just lost a huge game in which he played very poorly. The lats thing he's thinking about literally minutes after the seaosn ends is his contract situation.

Its an especially puzzling take given Jaylen is a guy who couldn't do anything on offense his rookie year and has massively improved since then. Like slam him for not being good dribbling or whatever, sure that's fair. But he HAS worked on his game a lot, clearly. 

« Reply #1206 on: May 30, 2023, 11:39:19 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

The guy just lost a huge game in which he played very poorly. The lats thing he's thinking about literally minutes after the seaosn ends is his contract situation.

Its an especially puzzling take given Jaylen is a guy who couldn't do anything on offense his rookie year and has massively improved since then. Like slam him for not being good dribbling or whatever, sure that's fair. But he HAS worked on his game a lot, clearly.

Yup. He also took full accountability for his performance last night unlike other losers on this team and this troll said he wouldn’t own any of it.

« Reply #1207 on: May 30, 2023, 12:14:02 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Yup. He also took full accountability for his performance last night unlike other losers on this team and this troll said he wouldn’t own any of it.

I watched his postgame interview. He was clearly really upset with himself. Probably more than anyone else who took the podium.

« Reply #1208 on: May 30, 2023, 12:20:13 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

I watched his postgame interview. He was clearly really upset with himself. Probably more than anyone else who took the podium.

Ya I mean he used the phrase "I failed" like six times. The only guy down harder this weekend than Jaylen is Kendall Roy (Succession reference).