Author Topic: Heat (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) ECF Game 7 5/29/23  (Read 48150 times)

Re: Heat (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) ECF Game 7 5/29/23
« Reply #1155 on: May 29, 2023, 11:26:58 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
"I don't think you win championships with a better offense than you do a defense... on any given night we'd let go of the rope."

Malcolm Brogdon on Celtics not being able to find their defensive identity

I really do hate when our worst defender talks about the team not being good enough defensively. Start with your own effort first. Do your job properly. Then you can talk about others.

Seriously, "better offense than defense", it is literally a description of Brogdon's game.

« Reply #1156 on: May 29, 2023, 11:27:04 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
9 of 42 from three tonight

My god two of the worst shooting games back to back

It's because we were worn out by playing 7 guys only all playoffs...crappy Coach Joe.

Mazzula lost all confidence in the bench. It's a shame because there was real genuine quality there that could have helped the team in different moments.

The Grant Williams benching. The Hauser disappearence. The non-utilization of Muscala. Never any B Griffin. Only used Pritchard when it was clearly a bad place to use him. Never used any of these pieces well / correctly.

A waste.

Trading for Muscala felt like a waste. I refuse to believe we couldn’t have used him in certain moments both late in the regular season (even to eat up minutes) or during the postseason when Horford was bricking 3s and we needed scoring
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1157 on: May 29, 2023, 11:29:22 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I am a Nuggets fan now and I think the Nuggets will actually show Miami why they are a #8 seed and sweep them.

« Reply #1158 on: May 29, 2023, 11:30:21 PM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
"I don't think you win championships with a better offense than you do a defense... on any given night we'd let go of the rope."

I really do hate when our worst defender talks about the team not being good enough defensively. Start with your own effort first. Do your job properly. Then you can talk about others.

Seriously, "better offense than defense", it is literally a description of Brogdon's game.

He was horrendous all year

« Reply #1159 on: May 29, 2023, 11:30:59 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Nuggets size plus the altitude will eat Miami alive

« Reply #1160 on: May 29, 2023, 11:31:10 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I am a Nuggets fan now and I think the Nuggets will actually show Miami why they are a #8 seed and sweep them.

Nuggets would probably sweep us too anyways

They mean business. Boston never did sadly. Frankly Boston should have probably lost earlier too, even in the Sixers series. We just got lucky Tatum drilled some 3s late in Game 6 otherwise that was trending towards a loss. Atlanta took us to 6 and nearly 7. We played with our food all postseason. Denver just wrecked teams along the way

« Reply #1161 on: May 29, 2023, 11:31:20 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1680
Now that this season is over, I want to get some things off of my chest.

There's a big part of me that is just happy this is over.  I'll always root for the Celtics, but I never really believed in this group and I never connected with them the way I usually do.  This isn't the time to get into why - frankly I want to get away from this team for a while - but this is easily the fewest games I've watched in a season in the past 15 years.  When I did watch them, they were a much greater source of frustration than they were of enjoyment.  Feels strange to say that about a team with two All-NBA players, the 6MOTY, and the previous DPOY.  Yet here we are. 

I don't know what moves Brad will make this offseason regarding the coaching staff and the roster.  Perhaps even more importantly, I don't know what players will do to come back better next season.  But whatever happens, I sincerely hope I can get back to enjoying Celtics basketball come October. 

« Reply #1162 on: May 29, 2023, 11:31:36 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Yep, I would not be surprised at all by that.

DEN is a much better ball club than Miami. Their size is going to cause MIA a lot of problems (at center & at forward). Jokic will pick them apart. Jamal Murray will dominate their weak guards.

« Reply #1163 on: May 29, 2023, 11:32:46 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I’m disappointed but oddly relieved. This team is so exhausting to follow

« Reply #1164 on: May 29, 2023, 11:33:28 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 177

Agreed. Brogdon can literally go pound sand. He had a good regular season but ultimately regressed when it mattered most into the selfish, egotistical poor defender who wants to blame anything or anyone but himself.

There were other factors but I felt playing this bum for no reason in this game 7 was an extreme detriment.

« Reply #1165 on: May 29, 2023, 11:34:07 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2487
Can we NOW stop jinxing this team with talking about Banner 18 every freaking year???

Next season will be Unfinished Business Part II

This organization just doesn't get it

« Reply #1166 on: May 29, 2023, 11:36:25 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 177

Nuggets would probably sweep us too anyways

They mean business. Boston never did sadly. Frankly Boston should have probably lost earlier too, even in the Sixers series. We just got lucky Tatum drilled some 3s late in Game 6 otherwise that was trending towards a loss. Atlanta took us to 6 and nearly 7. We played with our food all postseason. Denver just wrecked teams along the way

Eh, If the Celtics actually carried there momentum into this game 7 and play a good first quarter and the garden avalanche buried the heat the way it should’ve then the Celtics were going to win the championship.

« Reply #1167 on: May 29, 2023, 11:36:59 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah call me a bad fan but I need a break from this team. They put me through a lot of stress and heart attacks the past few weeks lol, and some of it shouldn’t have happened (played with their food all postseason). My parents were even joking this weekend that I was more silent than usual which was me being nervous about the C’s in the back of my mind lol.

« Reply #1168 on: May 29, 2023, 11:37:11 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Until this team stops turning the ball over and gains a killer instinct this is going to be the result. Close but nothing.

« Reply #1169 on: May 29, 2023, 11:41:14 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Yep. I have some of that too.

Similar to that Kyrie year - both seasons of wasted opportunities. Real chances to win titles blighted by a failure to work together. Not enough discipline. Not enough teamwork. Not enough focus.

High levels of frustration.