Author Topic: Jaylen Brown trade Ideas  (Read 34839 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown trade Ideas
« Reply #270 on: June 16, 2023, 11:58:40 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
I could see him going to Houston-- wanting to reunite with Ime Udoka. But we need to get the right/adequate pieces back. Maybe they can involve a third team

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #271 on: June 16, 2023, 01:41:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I still don't want to trade Jaylen but:

I'd do this, Jaylen to the Raptors for O.G. Anunoby and Scottie Barnes. this works in Trade machine and gives us a starting line up of: Smart, Aunoby, Tatum, Barnes and Horford (TIMELORD).

« Reply #272 on: June 16, 2023, 02:22:58 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

I'd do this, Jaylen to the Raptors for O.G. Anunoby and Scottie Barnes. this works in Trade machine and gives us a starting line up of: Smart, Aunoby, Tatum, Barnes and Horford (TIMELORD).

That is an interesting line up for sure.  Not sure TOR would do the trade. I feel quite sure the Celtics would.  They would want to give us Siakam instead I suspect.  Siakam on his own is not worth Brown and Siakam + Anunoby is too much salary (and probably still too much player value).

How about:

Brown + Brogdon
for
Siakam + Anunoby

The new TOR core to build around is Brown and Barnes, pretty decent.  We get a more natural PF in Siakam (two time All-Star, two time 2nd team All-NBA), and a versatile wing that I guess can play guard (SG) or forward (SF).  If TOR preferred White to Brogdon, I probably still do the trade.  To me, Siakam + Anunoby is < Barnes + Anunoby from Toronto's perspective but Brown + Brogdon > Brown, so this deal is a lot better for TOR than your original.  Expecting to get both Anunoby and Barnes just seems like too much to me.

« Reply #273 on: June 16, 2023, 02:36:37 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

That is an interesting line up for sure.  Not sure TOR would do the trade. I feel quite sure the Celtics would.  They would want to give us Siakam instead I suspect.  Siakam on his own is not worth Brown and Siakam + Anunoby is too much salary (and probably still too much player value).

How about:

Brown + Brogdon
for
Siakam + Anunoby

The new TOR core to build around is Brown and Barnes, pretty decent.  We get a more natural PF in Siakam (two time All-Star, two time 2nd team All-NBA), and a versatile wing that I guess can play guard (SG) or forward (SF).  If TOR preferred White to Brogdon, I probably still do the trade.  To me, Siakam + Anunoby is < Barnes + Anunoby from Toronto's perspective but Brown + Brogdon > Brown, so this deal is a lot better for TOR than your original.  Expecting to get both Anunoby and Barnes just seems like too much to me.

I think we are giving up the best player in the trade so I think it's a fair deal. I don't think the Raps would want Brogdon on their timeline.

« Reply #274 on: June 16, 2023, 03:11:41 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would much rather have Barnes and AG.   Siakim is a hero ball player than lack hero abilities.  Barnes can play make and has room to grow.

« Reply #275 on: June 16, 2023, 07:13:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Ok, here's another trade idea from someone who still thinks we should keep Jaylen. This deepens our roster:

Jaylen and Pritchard for Gary Harris, Franz Wagner, and Wendell Carter Jr. This works in the trade machine. Reshapes the roster.
Reshapes it on a very bad way. Only way you trade brown is if it is for an established star. I do like Wagner and Carter Jr in a vacuum but not if they are the main pieces of a JB trade. It sets the team back significantly.
I think that team is a very solid one. Wagner, to me, can be like a sort of 6'10 Brent Barry on offence, but better defender to boot. Good passing and rebounding, efficient scorer on decent volume. Franz will be good for a long time. Adding those two immediately allows us to reduce the minutes of Al and Rob. Love the balance of that group

Smart / White
Brogdon / Harris
Tatum / Hauser
Wagner / Horford / Gallinari
Carter Jr. / R Williams
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #276 on: June 19, 2023, 01:43:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Ok, here's another trade idea from someone who still thinks we should keep Jaylen. This deepens our roster:

Jaylen and Pritchard for Gary Harris, Franz Wagner, and Wendell Carter Jr. This works in the trade machine. Reshapes the roster.
Reshapes it on a very bad way. Only way you trade brown is if it is for an established star. I do like Wagner and Carter Jr in a vacuum but not if they are the main pieces of a JB trade. It sets the team back significantly.
I think that team is a very solid one. Wagner, to me, can be like a sort of 6'10 Brent Barry on offence, but better defender to boot. Good passing and rebounding, efficient scorer on decent volume. Franz will be good for a long time. Adding those two immediately allows us to reduce the minutes of Al and Rob. Love the balance of that group

Smart / White
Brogdon / Harris
Tatum / Hauser
Carter Jr. / R Williams

Yeah, that reshapes the roster nicely. I don't want to trade Jaylen but here's another trade idea: Jaylen and PP to the Pels for Ingram, Willy Hernangomez, and Jose Alvarado...

« Reply #277 on: June 19, 2023, 05:48:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Smart / White
Brogdon / Harris
Tatum / Hauser
Carter Jr. / R Williams

Yeah, that reshapes the roster nicely. I don't want to trade Jaylen but here's another trade idea: Jaylen and PP to the Pels for Ingram, Willy Hernangomez, and Jose Alvarado...
No way you squeeze Alvarado in there. They love him. I think Brown + Gallo for Ingram + Hernangomez would be fair value, but I doubt NOP is interested in a move that doesn't get them Scoot.

I do like this group though.

Smart / Pritchard
White / Brogdon
Ingram / Hauser
Tatum / Horford
Williams 3 / Hernangomez
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #278 on: June 19, 2023, 06:27:14 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Smart / White
Brogdon / Harris
Tatum / Hauser
Carter Jr. / R Williams

No way you squeeze Alvarado in there. They love him. I think Brown + Gallo for Ingram + Hernangomez would be fair value, but I doubt NOP is interested in a move that doesn't get them Scoot.

Smart / Pritchard
White / Brogdon
Ingram / Hauser
Tatum / Horford
Williams 3 / Hernangomez

If The Pels really wanted JB I don't think Alvarado would be the sticking point.

« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2023, 06:58:20 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
JB for Zion is the only deal i would support

« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2023, 07:03:09 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 210
JB for Zion is the only deal i would support
I want nothing to do with a chronically injured, very big man, who is dependent on athleticism.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2023, 07:20:54 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I wouldnt Zion..guy is hurt & out of shape most of the time
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2023, 07:29:51 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
I rather try and get Zion into shape, than the poo poo platter deals I have seen here, if zion works out they win a championship the guy is unstoppable

I think the Pels are a second-rate organization, in Boston with the right vets around him and the right coach he may reach his potential. The only problem is that 2nd row Joe ain't the right coach.

I would trade for CP3 - brogdon, muscala and pritchard
Trade for Zion with Jaylen.

« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2023, 08:40:15 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Bill Simmons suggested a trade: Scoot and Gordon Hayward in exchange for Jaylen Brown. I must admit, although I think it's smarter to stick with Jaylen and make some small adjustments to improve our chances of winning the championship, this trade caught my attention due to its potential impact on our salary cap and the upcoming collective bargaining agreement. It would be great to acquire a talented player on a rookie contract, especially considering our ownership's reluctance to spend excessively for a championship.

I'm also drawn to the possibility of a redemption tale. If Gordon Hayward can stay injury-free for a season and they manage to win the championship, the painful memory of his terrible fall in October of 2017 might just fade away completely.

« Reply #284 on: June 19, 2023, 09:13:37 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Smart / White
Brogdon / Harris
Tatum / Hauser
Carter Jr. / R Williams

Smart / Pritchard
White / Brogdon
Ingram / Hauser
Tatum / Horford
Williams 3 / Hernangomez

Don't we have similar chemistry issues between Ingram and Tatum that we had between Brown and Tatum? We get a little bigger, and I guess salary wise it is better, but doesn't seem to address chemistry.  Trying to picture Tatum and Ingram on court together.