Author Topic: Jaylen Brown trade Ideas  (Read 34845 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown trade Ideas
« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2023, 12:44:22 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I wouldn't want to trade Jaylen but I don't hate this:

Jaylen for Randle, Josh Hart, and Obi Topin and picks...

It's a home run for the Knicks!

« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2023, 01:30:35 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I am for keeping Brown, Tatum and White. Everyone else is available.

Brown for KAT or Ayton isn't terrible. Brown for Mobley and filler would not be bad either. Brown for JJJ also okay.

« Reply #182 on: June 06, 2023, 12:45:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I still don't want Jaylen traded but I think that this is a fair trade.

Brown and Pritchard for Ingram and Willy Hernangomez. We get bigger and Igram is a good Brown replacement.

« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2023, 01:03:37 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  There seems to be so many opinions on Jaylen and we really don’t know what to believe.
 1. He’s an all star and top 20 guy we should not deal because this is a system and/ or a coaching problem
 2. Jaylen doesn’t want to be here for racism reasons / or wants to be top dog. 
 3. Brad really isn’t a Jaylen guy
 4. It doesn’t make sense for cap reasons.
🤷‍♂️

« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2023, 01:06:56 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I am for keeping Brown, Tatum and White. Everyone else is available.

Brown for KAT or Ayton isn't terrible. Brown for Mobley and filler would not be bad either. Brown for JJJ also okay.

I agree with you on those 3 being most important . KAT’s desire worries me but he’s super talented. I think Ayton is another Myles Turner / Jeff Green and can’t count on his effort being there. Those type of guys terrify me . They can be great human beings but suck the energy out of a team IMO. 

« Reply #185 on: June 06, 2023, 11:04:48 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 123

I don't hate the idea of Randle.  I actually don't consider him to be as good an overall player as Jaylen Brown, but he's not far off, he's a similar age, and I think he's a better fit for team needs.  I really think the Celtics are desperate for a reliable, skilled offensive big who can get easy, high percentage shots in the paint when the jumpers aren't falling.  Also having a guy who can draw doubles down low would also help to create space for the Tatum and the other shooters on the perimeter.   Neither Ron or Horford is a dependable inside threat.

I'd also be ok with the following:

Chicago gets:
    - Jaylen Brown
    - Malcolm Brogdon or Marcus Smart
    - Al Horford

Boston gets:
    - Zach Lavine
    - Nikola Vucevic
    - Lonzo Ball
    - 2nd round pick

For Chicago:
    • Jaylen Brown gets his opportunity to be the #1 guy on a huge market team, and the Bulls get a young star player worthy of building the franchise around - something they have been desperate for since the Derrick Rose thing fell apart and they foolishly gave up on Jimmy Butler. 
    • The Bulls get a good starting calibre point guard, which they desperately need with all of Lonzo's medical uncertainty
    • The Bulls get a servicable starting center (Horford) and quality veteran who can fill in for Vucevic and who gives the team $20m or so more to play with once his contact comes off the books in the near future
    Bulls starters: Brogdon, Brown, Derozan, Williams, Horford

For Boston:
    • Celtics gets a guard who is a more reliable shooter, is less turnover prone and has a more modest ego (likely a better fit alongside Tatum) while still being young enough to grow alongside Tatum and offering Boston more cap flexibility (versus if they re-signed Brown)
    • Celtics finally get a dependable big man who can give them 17/10 every night, and who has played 70+ games in 4 of his last 5 seasons.  They also get a quality inside scorer who can get them easy points when the jumpers aren't falling, and a big body to help deal with larger teams like Philly, Denver, etc.
    • Celtics gets a2nd rounder as compensation for taking on the risk of Lonzo's contract.  If Ball by luck returns as a still capable player then Boston gains some extra depth, if he doesn't then thy can probably buy him out and free some cap space / a roster spot.
    Celtics starters: Smart/White, Lavine, Tatum, R-Williams, Vucevic
    Celtics bench: White/Brogdon, Pritchard (who now has a role), Ball (if he returns), Gallinari, Hauser, Muscala, Griffin[/list][/list]

I kinda feel like this move might be nice for both teams.
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 12:17:46 AM by Muzzy66 »

« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2023, 11:24:51 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
    • Tommy Points: 766
    Here's one:

Bulls get: Brogdon, Wiseman, Pistons #5 pick
    Pistons get: Brown
    Celtics get: Lavine and Cunningham

Bulls reset and get an upside big man with a high draft pick. They try to get one of the Thompson brothers and rebuild around him, Williams, and Wiseman.

Pistons get franchise cornerstone that can help vault them back into playoff contentions. They contend for the playoffs with Brown, Ivey, Bogdonavic, Stewart, and Bagley. If I'm them, I also get rid of a Bagley or Burks to sign Draymond Green and bring him back home. That's a team Monty Williams could coach to the playoffs.

Celtics get a reasonable offensive player in Lavine (and one that I still think has upside on a different/better team) on a better contract than the one Brown will get. They also get Cunningham, who I think would be a great fit next to Tatum as a guy that makes the right offensive play every time. He also has the size to fit into our defensive scheme in a similar way that Brogdon did. 

« Reply #187 on: June 07, 2023, 12:10:40 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
    • Tommy Points: 1395

I don't hate the idea of Randle.  I actually don't consider him to be as good an overall player as Jaylen Brown, but he's not far off, he's a similar age, and I think he's a better fit for team needs.  I really think the Celtics are desperate for a reliable, skilled offensive big who can get easy, high percentage shots in the paint when the jumpers aren't falling.  Also having a guy who can draw doubles down low would also help to create space for the Tatum and the other shooters on the perimeter.   Neither Ron or Horford is a dependable inside threat.

Chicago gets:
      - Jaylen Brown
      - Malcolm Brogdon or Marus Smart
      - Al Horford

Boston gets:
      - Zach Lavine
      - Nikola Vucevic
      - Lonzo Ball
      - Pick(s)

For Chicago:
      • Jaylen Brown gets his opportunity to be the #1 guy on a huge market team, and the Bulls get a young star player worthy of building the franchise around - something they have been desperate for since the Derrick Rose thing fell apart and they foolishly gave up on Jimmy Butler. 
      • The Bulls get a good starting calibre point guard, which they desperately need with all of Lonzo's medical uncertainty
      • The Bulls get a servicable starting center (Horford) and quality veteran who can fill in for Vucevic and who gives the team $20m or so more to play with once his contact comes off the books in the near future

For Boston:
      • Celtics gets a guard who is a more reliable shooter, is less turnover prone and has a more modest ego (likely a better fit alongside Tatum) while still being young enough to grow alongside Tatum and offering Boston more cap flexibility (versus if they re-signed Brown)
      • Celtics finally get a dependable big man who can give them 17/10 every night, and who has played 70+ games in 4 of his last 5 seasons.  They also get a quality inside scorer who can get them easy points when the jumpers aren't falling, and a big body to help deal with larger teams like Philly, Denver, etc.
      • Celtics gets a pick or two as compensation for taking on Lonzo's contract, and a high risk/high reward piece in Lonzo Ball (who could be a huge add if he does by some chance come back from injury well)

I kinda feel like this move might make be nice for both teams.

Boston starting 5:
      Smart/White, Lavine, Tatum, R-Williams, Vucevic

Boston bench: 
      White/Brogdon, Pritchard (who now has a role), Ball (if he returns), Gallinari, Hauser, Muscala, Griffin

Bulls starting 5:
      Brogdon, Brown, Derozan, Williams, Horford

Other option may be to do JB+Smart for Lavine+Vucevic straight up, then include a 3rd team to get the bulls a repalcement big.  [/list][/list]

Respectfully this would be a pretty bad trade. Lavine still has very serious injury concerns. Vucevic would be ok if he was making like 12 million, but he will get more than that and is awful defensively. We might get some insurance money for ball. But unless he retired there is no cap relief from what I understand (and since he is retired why would he). Not sure we get an injury exception for him given we are getting him with the injury. Bulls would do this trade in a second. Might be getting the two best players in the deal.

« Reply #188 on: June 07, 2023, 12:54:28 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum

Chicago gets:
        - Jaylen Brown
        - Malcolm Brogdon or Marus Smart
        - Al Horford

Boston gets:
        - Zach Lavine
        - Nikola Vucevic
        - Lonzo Ball
        - Pick(s)

For Chicago:

For Boston:
        • Celtics gets a pick or two as compensation for taking on Lonzo's contract, and a high risk/high reward piece in Lonzo Ball (who could be a huge add if he does by some chance come back from injury well)

I kinda feel like this move might make be nice for both teams.

Boston starting 5:
        Smart/White, Lavine, Tatum, R-Williams, Vucevic

Boston bench: 
        White/Brogdon, Pritchard (who now has a role), Ball (if he returns), Gallinari, Hauser, Muscala, Griffin

Bulls starting 5:
        Brogdon, Brown, Derozan, Williams, Horford

Other option may be to do JB+Smart for Lavine+Vucevic straight up, then include a 3rd team to get the bulls a repalcement big.  [/list][/list]

Respectfully this would be a pretty bad trade. Lavine still has very serious injury concerns. Vucevic would be ok if he was making like 12 million, but he will get more than that and is awful defensively. We might get some insurance money for ball. But unless he retired there is no cap relief from what I understand (and since he is retired why would he). Not sure we get an injury exception for him given we are getting him with the injury. Bulls would do this trade in a second. Might be getting the two best players in the deal.

Lavine has some injury concerns, but Jaylen has had his share of injury issues as well - he hasn't played 70+ games in a season since 2018/19 season some 5 years ago.  Lavine has missed more games overall, but if you're going to take a risk on one of these guys I'd rather take the risk on Lavine for 4 years/$160M then Jaylen Brown at 5 years /$290M.

To be honest, I think the big gains here would not be the move form Jaylen to Lavine, but:
        1. The cap relief from Lavine's much more managable contact
        2. The improved consistency from adding Vucevic as that 3rd scoring option

I think having Vucevic as a #3 would be huge, as it would reduce our over-dependence on Tatum, which I think is one of the biggest reasons why this team has been so wildly inconsistent.  Right now we are so dependant on Tatum and Brown that if either one of those guys doesn't show up (due to foul trouble, injury, or just having a bad game) there team just completely falls apart.   

I feel in our past years when we had a clear #3 option (e.g. a healthy Gordon Hayward or a youngish Al Horford) we were far more consistent, because we always had that third guy who could step up when one of the main two didn't. 

I also think it makes it much harder for teams to deal with us back when we always had three scoring threats (Kyrie/Tatum/Brown, Kemba/Tatum/Brown, Tatum/Brown/Hayward, Tatum/Brown/prime Horford).  Those teams were never as strong at their best as our current team is (because our #1 and #2 weren't as good as Tatum and Brown) but they seemed to be much more consistent from one night to the next.  I think it was just harder for teams to smother our top two guys - the way they do now - when we had that third threat to worry about.  This season we kinda had to depend on Brogdon/White/Smart/G.Williams to fill that role by committee, but that's not the same as having that one consistent #3 guy that every team knows is dangerous and has to think about every time they play you. 

I feel having that third consistent scoring threat (in Vucevic) would take huge pressure off our #1 and #2 guys and would help a lot in maximising out nighly consistency - which proved to be our achilles heel this season.
        « Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 01:04:09 AM by Muzzy66 »

« Reply #189 on: June 07, 2023, 02:50:15 AM »

Online byennie

• Webmaster
        • Jim Loscutoff
        • Tommy Points: 3033
        If I could get another young star back, I'd probably swing for Jaren Jackson, Jr.

He makes a little less than Jaylen (and declines every year for 3 years), is even younger, a 20ppg scorer waiting to happen with lower usage and higher efficiency, and a DPOY candidate to boot. Yet he's still somewhat under the radar. Timelord + Jackson would seemingly alter every shot within 30 feet of the basket.

Why Memphis would move him, no idea of course other than Jaylen being a star in return.

« Reply #190 on: June 07, 2023, 03:11:55 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
        If I could get another young star back, I'd probably swing for Jaren Jackson, Jr.

He makes a little less than Jaylen (and declines every year for 3 years), is even younger, a 20ppg scorer waiting to happen with lower usage and higher efficiency, and a DPOY candidate to boot. Yet he's still somewhat under the radar. Timelord + Jackson would seemingly alter every shot within 30 feet of the basket.

Why Memphis would move him, no idea of course other than Jaylen being a star in return.

I'd be all over this, but I just don't see Memphis doing it unfortunately. 

« Reply #191 on: June 07, 2023, 03:33:53 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
        • Tommy Points: 2410

That would be such a beautiful team

A three man big rotation of JJJ, Rob Williams and Horford. A three man guard rotation of Smart, D White and Brogdon. Tatum at SF.

Team built around Tatum truly and completely. Multiple ball-handlers and ball movers, muliple shooters, multiple bigs to do the dirty work in the paint.

« Reply #192 on: June 07, 2023, 08:12:18 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
        • Red Auerbach
        • Tommy Points: 3141
        • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That would be such a beautiful team

A three man big rotation of JJJ, Rob Williams and Horford. A three man guard rotation of Smart, D White and Brogdon. Tatum at SF.

Team built around Tatum truly and completely. Multiple ball-handlers and ball movers, muliple shooters, multiple bigs to do the dirty work in the paint.
        That would be one of the worst-rebounding big trios. JJJ and Horford are both shocking in that regard. No interest in JJJ with his allergy to rebounding and passing. Such a limited player. He can’t even shoot! The offence of that group would struggle with Joe at the helm.

JJJ is the opposite of the player I think we should go for (KAT) if we want size for Brown
        '23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
        SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
        SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
        PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
        C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #193 on: June 08, 2023, 02:25:21 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
        • Tommy Points: 166
        Saw this on twitter and laughed out loud!

MIA In:  Tatum, Brogdan

POR In:  Brown, Smart, RWill

BOS In:  #3 Pick, Anfernee Simons, Tyler Hero, Nassir Little, Bam

#facepalm
        "There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #194 on: June 08, 2023, 04:08:42 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
        • Johnny Most
        • Tommy Points: 1323
        Isn't Ball's knee toast?

Lonzo Ball underwent his third left knee surgery in 14 months on Monday, according to Chicago Bulls coach Billy Donovan in his pregame address to reporters in Philadelphia, and now faces an arduous rehabilitation process.

"We all understand that’s going to be an uphill battle for him," Donovan said. "But I know that he’s going to do everything possible in his rehab to get himself back on the court."

Ball underwent a cartilage transplant. Donovan said the Bulls' medical staff relayed to him that the surgery went well. There is no timetable for Ball's return. Donovan termed Ball's absence "indefinite" in his comments to reporters.

Previously, Ball underwent surgery to repair a torn meniscus in January 2022 and a debridement in September 2022 aimed at cleaning out "loose bodies" and fragments that had been causing Ball discomfort. Ball hasn't played in an NBA game since Jan. 14, 2022.

This surgery is rarely associated with professional athletes, which is why so much speculation exists as to whether Ball can return and salvage his career at a high level. Festus Ezeli underwent cadaver ligament replacement surgery in March 2017 and never played in the NBA again. While Ball's procedure isn't the same, it's similarly rare in the world of professional sports.

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nba/chicago-bulls/ball-faces-uphill-battle-after-latest-knee-surgery/347597/