Author Topic: WELCOME TO CELTICSSTRONG  (Read 46496 times)

Re: WELCOME TO CELTICSSTRONG
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2018, 02:23:05 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
@byennie

You were right. When I log in from the old site I am asked to put in my credentials (despite having checked the box to keep me logged in). The problem stopped once I started getting directly to the new address.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 02:39:56 PM by greece666 »

« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2018, 02:29:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
@byennie

You were right. When I log in from the old site I am asked to put in my credentials (despite having checked the box to keep me logged in). The problem stopped once I started getting directly to the new address.

Since we are discussing probs/suggestions here, what about the word filter. I am all for censorring the word d-a-m-n. But having having the word d-a-m-n-i-n-g turned into danging as well as d-a-m-n-e-d into danged feels a bit silly, it can actually distort the meaning in some situations.

Big123 recently mentioned a similar problem with links: if a censored word appears in a link, the link becomes useless.

PS if this is considered discussing the Forums rules and does not belong here, by all means delete and I will repost in the appropiate place. I have saved the post.

Yeah, rules discussion should be in the Comments and Remarks section.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2018, 05:46:36 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Hey, I noticed that the link to the forum page on the main site is down. Any chance of getting that back? I'm worried that without the steady flow of new users from the main site, the population of this forum will dwindle.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2018, 06:09:45 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Hey, I noticed that the link to the forum page on the main site is down. Any chance of getting that back? I'm worried that without the steady flow of new users from the main site, the population of this forum will dwindle.

Yeah, I have been (vocally) worried about this. It seems it would be mutually beneficial to both sites for them to have links. Even if the forums aren’t in the main header, it sure would be great to have a link somewhere. I always enjoy going in through the main page and am afraid my visits to the actual CB are going to decrease drastically.

« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2018, 06:52:31 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel

Yeah, I have been (vocally) worried about this. It seems it would be mutually beneficial to both sites for them to have links. Even if the forums aren’t in the main header, it sure would be great to have a link somewhere. I always enjoy going in through the main page and am afraid my visits to the actual CB are going to decrease drastically.

I thought the issue was that SB didn't want to host the forum or the bandwidth. It doesn't take much bandwidth to have a link to the forums.

Come on.

My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2018, 07:15:10 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I thought the issue was that SB didn't want to host the forum or the bandwidth. It doesn't take much bandwidth to have a link to the forums.

Come on.

Eh, for me it doesn't matter.  I stopped visiting the front page there a long time ago.  I don't find it to be quality writing for the most part, and the whole 'fan' vibe was clearly eschewed a long time ago.

I don't blame Jeff for anything, a person has to do what they have to do to provide for themselves and their family, but SB Nation is pretty much crap.

« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2018, 07:20:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Come on.

What SBN promised and what we sometimes got are two separate things.

I wish Jeff the best, but I’m glad to be independent now.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2018, 07:25:08 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
This is awesome.

Thank You!!!

« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2018, 07:49:56 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I'm switching.  Always was interested in other Celtic fans opinions agreeing with me or having a different point of view.

« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2018, 08:43:49 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Is "Ignore Boards Options" a new feature or did I just miss it earlier?

« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2018, 08:47:05 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

It's new, or at least recently activated.  I added it to make it easier for people to ignore the political and off-topic boards, should they wish.

« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2018, 09:28:28 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Haven't posted in a while, but I'm really glad this community still has a home!

« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2018, 09:36:43 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Can't thank you enough for putting this site together!

A statue next to Red has been planned!

You have absolutely crushed it! Hand delivered tp's forever!

« Reply #118 on: September 25, 2018, 09:48:58 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Haven't posted in a while, but I'm really glad this community still has a home!

One of my favorite avatars was your green Optimus Prime.  You need to get that bad boy back up.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #119 on: September 25, 2018, 10:21:50 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

It's new, or at least recently activated.  I added it to make it easier for people to ignore the political and off-topic boards, should they wish.

Where is the "ignore boards options"?