Author Topic: we are SO Lucky.....  (Read 4013 times)

we are SO Lucky.....
« on: March 26, 2010, 10:55:08 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
Let me count some of the ways:

1: Mike Gorman is HANDS DOWN the BEST play by play guy in the NBA--and Tommy is a Treasure too.

2: We have an Amazing group of people handling our Beloved Team right now...The Owners, Danny Ainge, Doc and his crew...(Let's never forget the Gaston/Pitino/Gavitt/ML Carr years)

3: Games are literally at our fingertips, with DVR's, Tivos,Comcast/Directv,HD Plasma's,DVD Box sets, etc....I grew up with maybe 6-7 games a year broadcast on National TV---That is of course,until the TAPE DELAYED Playoff games came around.

4: The UNSELFISH Players we have---All Stars who ONLY care about the team.

5: All of you guys on Celticsblog...My "Real-Life" friends don't understand the Celtics obsession.

6: we are NOT Lakers Fans-!

Re: we are SO Lucky.....
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 11:01:54 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

1: Mike Gorman is HANDS DOWN the BEST play by play guy in the NBA--and Tommy is a Treasure too.

2: We have an Amazing group of people handling our Beloved Team right now...The Owners, Danny Ainge, Doc and his crew...(Let's never forget the Gaston/Pitino/Gavitt/ML Carr years)

3: Games are literally at our fingertips, with DVR's, Tivos,Comcast/Directv,HD Plasma's,DVD Box sets, etc....I grew up with maybe 6-7 games a year broadcast on National TV---That is of course,until the TAPE DELAYED Playoff games came around.

5: All of you guys on Celticsblog...My "Real-Life" friends don't understand the Celtics obsession.

... and we have posters like you who help us to keep things in the proper perspective! Great post, MS ... TP! ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 11:19:20 PM »

Kiorrik

Amen, TP, and another TP every time I visit this topic (if able :p)

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 11:21:21 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170

Hear hear. TP.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 11:21:50 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Did someone say Lucky?

Yup

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 11:22:05 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum

Amen, TP, and another TP every time I visit this topic (if able :p)

I live in L.A.--so believe me, I count my blessings all the time---but I STILL hate the Refs - and the Lakers!!
 :)

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 11:23:02 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

That takes the cake...TP for the post.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 11:28:47 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum

Hear hear. TP.

Gorman's job is NOT an easy one---He has to call the game, while dropping in dozens of ads-seamlessly...Plus, he's informative,humorous and entertaining...all the time,meshing perfectly with Tommy--AND Rooting for the Celtics without the Blatant Homer-ism...If you've listened to others around this league, you know what I'm talking about.

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 11:31:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I think the weak link this year is the fans. We aren't bringing it like we were in 2008. We were rabid that year. Now we get bored and the Garden gets quite when we have a lead or if we are down. That Utah crowd was rabid and willed there team to victory the other night. They effected The Refs and the players. That's why Utah is so tough at home. We fans need to rev up the Celtics if they get "Bored" or start doubting themselves. The fans have to be big in the playoffs and the Garden crowd hasn't really brought it this year. We are Lucky and we need to show it! Go Celtics!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 11:35:00 PM »

Kiorrik

I think the weak link this year is the fans. We aren't bringing it like we were in 2008. We were rabid that year. Now we get bored and the Garden gets quite when we have a lead or if we are down. That Utah crowd was rabid and willed there team to victory the other night. They effected The Refs and the players. That's why Utah is so tough at home. We fans need to rev up the Celtics if they get "Bored" or start doubting themselves. The fans have to be big in the playoffs and the Garden crowd hasn't really brought it this year. We are Lucky and we need to show it! Go Celtics!!!!!
And there's a TP for you too. Spot on.

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 11:35:27 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum

Agreed---in 2-3 years, we'll look back at this as a Golden Time--and be sorry we didn't Bring down the House more often!

The 80's crowds ALWAYS Brought it-!!

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 11:42:15 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Yup ... you're right. I think it will change as we near the end of the season, cuz there's no louder fans than Celtics Post-Season fans, but this year as a whole has not been typical. We could learn something from the Utah crowd ... man, they were absoluitely riotous the other night, and that building was shaking! Come on, people! We are the ultimate fans here in Boston, and we need to prove to the world that we still have it, and prove to our team that we're here to carry them over the top! Go Celtics!!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 03:38:21 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
Agree on Mike Gorman. He is so very, very good.

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 07:44:48 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
mike gorman is the best
we are SO lucky he never left for major tv

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 11:21:09 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Gormon is awesome.  Every time I watch the C's I think how lucky we are to have a point guard like Rondo too.  He is truly special and he really plays the right way.  His unselfishness, court vision, and ability to deliver the ball in a variety of ways are pretty much unparallelled in the league right now.