Author Topic: Regretting not signing Chris Andersen?  (Read 5541 times)

Regretting not signing Chris Andersen?
« on: December 20, 2008, 12:33:20 AM »

Offline Binky-King

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
About 17 minutes a game, averaging 5 pts, 5 rbs and over 2 blocks. While O'Bryant can't sniff the court in some blowouts. Powe & Anderson would of gave a lot of second units hell on the boards.

Re: Regretting not signing Chris Andersen?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 01:30:18 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
yeah hes been doin alright and he'd definetly be a lot better than POB.

but honestly, we're on a 17 game winning streak, we still have options in FA for a backup if need be.  Im not losing any sleep over Chris Anderson.
Greg

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 02:05:51 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i still believe he's one "bad day" away from screwing up his life again...and i do NOT wish this on him.  but i've had enough len bias' and vin baker's to last me a lifetime and would never want the celtics to take a flyer on a guy with his past.  the nba lifestyle gives a guy too much money and freedom and i'd wonder all season long just what is always going on with him.

but my best wishes to him, but i don't regret not signing him.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 02:22:02 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Im with Andy on this one, while i do firmly belive in second chances for everyone regardless of sitiuation' thats my initial thought aswell

Besides im a O'Bryant supporter' i still see a glimmer of hope that he puts his above avarage NBA talents to some good before his carrer is all said and done.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 08:00:34 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
When I saw him at the airport early last summer, he said he was hoping to sign. 

shrug.

I disagree about the "bad day" statement, I disagree 100%.  Unlike this statement: "I see the worst in people. I don't need to look past seeing them to get all I need. I've built my hatreds up over the years, little by little..." - Daniel Plainview I see the best in people. 
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 09:19:15 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
About 17 minutes a game, averaging 5 pts, 5 rbs and over 2 blocks. While O'Bryant can't sniff the court in some blowouts. Powe & Anderson would of gave a lot of second units hell on the boards.

Well, we still don't know if Andersen could have played in the C's defensive system (he was never much of a team player in the past, just a human pogo stick).  Yes, he is a better player than POB, but I still wonder if he would have really been seeing the floor for the C's over Powe and Davis.

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 09:22:48 AM »

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Why would we regret anything during a 17 game win streak???
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 09:27:40 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Well, we still don't know if Andersen could have played in the C's defensive system (he was never much of a team player in the past, just a human pogo stick).  Yes, he is a better player than POB, but I still wonder if he would have really been seeing the floor for the C's over Powe and Davis.
Yeah, but he certainly can play more than PoB. *Shrug* Who knows what happened before the season. They might have liked PoB as a project better since they didn't plan on playing either much.

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 10:02:32 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

because folks here, myself included, have to have SOMETHING to write about. this is as good as many topics, better than some.

anyway, i think ainge steered away from anderson for exactly the reasons given above. after poor vin baker ainge may have decided that the risk was greater than the talent. why have a member of your team crash and burn when the maximum talent he brings is "bench rotation player".... at best.

here i have a question for those who have seen BOTH POB and anderson play ball.

which one has the better physical talent?

what little i have seen of POB talent wise impresses me. nice shot, can rebound due to height. but he just doesnt seem to work hard. no heart.

i dont mean to hijack an anderson thread, but just curious what others have observed.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 10:09:37 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
If we're going to regret the C's not signing every player better than POB, we have a lot of regretting to do.

No. I regret as much not signing Andersen as I regret not signing Elson. There are better free-agents available we can get.

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 10:10:19 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

because folks here, myself included, have to have SOMETHING to write about. this is as good as many topics, better than some.

anyway, i think ainge steered away from anderson for exactly the reasons given above. after poor vin baker ainge may have decided that the risk was greater than the talent. why have a member of your team crash and burn when the maximum talent he brings is "bench rotation player".... at best.

here i have a question for those who have seen BOTH POB and anderson play ball.

which one has the better physical talent?

what little i have seen of POB talent wise impresses me. nice shot, can rebound due to height. but he just doesnt seem to work hard. no heart.

i dont mean to hijack an anderson thread, but just curious what others have observed.

It's "Andersen", with an "e",
not an "o", at the end.
I can't stress that enough!  ;D

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 10:14:05 AM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108

I can't stand this crutch that I see people use.  Our first team is so frickin good that it carries our really sad bench.  Our 2nd team gets absolutely worked all the time and unless we do something about it, it will come to bite us in the ass.  This isn't an attack against any certain player, but the combination of players really don't get it done.  I really haven't seen POB play, but I have seen Andersen play quite a bit while he was in OKC.  Like someone mentioned above, he was usually lost on defense.  He can elevate though.  He can block like no other.  I think if he were smarter he could have a starting job somewhere.  Go get Mutumbo!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 10:51:34 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
If Ainge could go back in time I'm sure he would take Andersen over POB.  Andersen plays with great energy and would be a perfect fit.  POB is pretty much the only low energy player we have right now.

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 11:16:01 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
I'm going to assume that Ainge isn't fretting over not signing the 'Birdman'...
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 11:23:28 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
no, its not that big of a deal, but if we had him we wouldn't have as much of a need of a Mutombo or PJ Brown.