Author Topic: Responses to Super off topic, off topic thread  (Read 715832 times)

Re: Responses to Super off topic, off topic thread
« Reply #600 on: June 29, 2009, 10:45:39 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
7am awake
8am gym
11am work
6pm play ball

This is the routine that will save me in the coming weeks. I hope.

you playing at the gym or a park? I could get some pickup in...

Wherever, but mainly an outdoor court as the weather's good. I'll get back indoors when it's colder and the season starts again I think. Of course, I'd invite you along, but I think that's logistically impossible.

« Reply #601 on: June 29, 2009, 10:58:51 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
7am awake
8am gym
11am work
6pm play ball

Wherever, but mainly an outdoor court as the weather's good. I'll get back indoors when it's colder and the season starts again I think. Of course, I'd invite you along, but I think that's logistically impossible.

ah I just looked at your thing, London? maybe next summer =)
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #602 on: June 29, 2009, 11:03:31 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
7am awake
8am gym
11am work
6pm play ball

ah I just looked at your thing, London? maybe next summer =)

Maybe indeed.

« Reply #603 on: June 30, 2009, 12:30:17 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I decided to use one of each smiley face in this post. I am writing this as a short story about a girl I don't like very much.  Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Most days I'm a pretty  :) dude.  Then I started talking to Gina.  Gina seemed like a pretty  8) chick.  She had good stories, but something didn't seem right about her.  I thought she embellished the truth a bit too much.  This tedned to make me  :( .  Like one story where she was dating someone quasi-famous (I won't say who, my  :-X ).  Lets be honest, she wasn't the most  :-* girl in the world, and I'd be  :o if she could land a hot guy. Maybe a one night stand, but not relationship material.  Plus she's not as great a conversationalist as I thought; you need something redeeming to have this many good stories.  I'm pretty  :-\ about this.  one.  I think she's a narcissist as well, thinking she's  ;D when others look at her like  >:( there's definitely a distorted sense of self and entitlement with this one.  It does make me  :'( to think people can go through their lives like this.  Thinking they are the best at everything, when in reality others don't like them.  I was talking with another friend about her and he was like  ??? why would you even talk to her. She's living in a fantasy world. I actually felt a little  :-[ that I would be friendly with her, and I've more or less cut it off.  I wonder if I should say something, or let her go through life  :D but ignorant.  thanks for reading  ;) If I missed an emoticon  :P 

TP.

« Reply #604 on: June 30, 2009, 12:30:51 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I decided to use one of each smiley face in this post. I am writing this as a short story about a girl I don't like very much.  Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Most days I'm a pretty  :) dude.  Then I started talking to Gina.  Gina seemed like a pretty  8) chick.  She had good stories, but something didn't seem right about her.  I thought she embellished the truth a bit too much.  This tedned to make me  :( .  Like one story where she was dating someone quasi-famous (I won't say who, my  :-X ).  Lets be honest, she wasn't the most  :-* girl in the world, and I'd be  :o if she could land a hot guy. Maybe a one night stand, but not relationship material.  Plus she's not as great a conversationalist as I thought; you need something redeeming to have this many good stories.  I'm pretty  :-\ about this.  one.  I think she's a narcissist as well, thinking she's  ;D when others look at her like  >:( there's definitely a distorted sense of self and entitlement with this one.  It does make me  :'( to think people can go through their lives like this.  Thinking they are the best at everything, when in reality others don't like them.  I was talking with another friend about her and he was like  ??? why would you even talk to her. She's living in a fantasy world. I actually felt a little  :-[ that I would be friendly with her, and I've more or less cut it off.  I wonder if I should say something, or let her go through life  :D but ignorant.  thanks for reading  ;) If I missed an emoticon  :P  

Bravo haha that's awesome. The one at the end reminds me of Super Troopers when the cop is one "meow" short in cat game, and he just goes back to the car and says "MEOW!" abruptly and leaves.

ACF you beat me!! haha
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #605 on: June 30, 2009, 01:13:05 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

I decided to use one of each smiley face in this post. I am writing this as a short story about a girl I don't like very much.  Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Most days I'm a pretty  :) dude.  Then I started talking to Gina.  Gina seemed like a pretty  8) chick.  She had good stories, but something didn't seem right about her.  I thought she embellished the truth a bit too much.  This tedned to make me  :( .  Like one story where she was dating someone quasi-famous (I won't say who, my  :-X ).  Lets be honest, she wasn't the most  :-* girl in the world, and I'd be  :o if she could land a hot guy. Maybe a one night stand, but not relationship material.  Plus she's not as great a conversationalist as I thought; you need something redeeming to have this many good stories.  I'm pretty  :-\ about this.  one.  I think she's a narcissist as well, thinking she's  ;D when others look at her like  >:( there's definitely a distorted sense of self and entitlement with this one.  It does make me  :'( to think people can go through their lives like this.  Thinking they are the best at everything, when in reality others don't like them.  I was talking with another friend about her and he was like  ??? why would you even talk to her. She's living in a fantasy world. I actually felt a little  :-[ that I would be friendly with her, and I've more or less cut it off.  I wonder if I should say something, or let her go through life  :D but ignorant.  thanks for reading  ;) If I missed an emoticon  :P  

yup cd one of the best ways to
use free time
to gain a tp and to provoke agood  ol styled laugh
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #606 on: June 30, 2009, 01:56:01 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

« Reply #607 on: June 30, 2009, 03:52:46 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
I'm going with my daughters to a birthday party tomorrow morning.  The "party" consists of a 9 AM private screening of Ice Age 3 at the local theater. 

I'm feeling so inferior with offering pin the tail on the donkey and a pinata for my daughter;s b-day party.

As long as there's all you can eat popcorn I'm on board.
Popcorn to follow up the in-law's seafood casserole, eh?   ;)

Needless to say I am not bragging about my early summer diet regimen in the Red 10K Get in Shape thread.
Yup

« Reply #608 on: June 30, 2009, 07:09:18 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
I'm going with my daughters to a birthday party tomorrow morning.  The "party" consists of a 9 AM private screening of Ice Age 3 at the local theater. 

I'm feeling so inferior with offering pin the tail on the donkey and a pinata for my daughter;s b-day party.

Popcorn to follow up the in-law's seafood casserole, eh?   ;)

Needless to say I am not bragging about my early summer diet regimen in the Red 10K Get in Shape thread.

to Racker (who I think started the daughter talk, if not to Rez) don't feel bad about not renting out a private screening of a movie - just think, that kid is going to expect a 20k super sweet 16, a 100k wedding etc. Its good to give to our kids no doubt, but some people go way overboard (now I think its ok to take everyone to the movies, but the private screening seems excessive)

« Reply #609 on: June 30, 2009, 07:19:43 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

to Racker (who I think started the daughter talk, if not to Rez) don't feel bad about not renting out a private screening of a movie - just think, that kid is going to expect a 20k super sweet 16, a 100k wedding etc. Its good to give to our kids no doubt, but some people go way overboard (now I think its ok to take everyone to the movies, but the private screening seems excessive)

It was actually to me cdif...what do you reckon it costs to rent out a theater?
Yup

« Reply #610 on: July 01, 2009, 09:17:29 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I'm changing my avatar pic to that of a hot girl to see how many of you shamelessly flirt with me

this is kinda creepy, lol

« Reply #611 on: July 01, 2009, 09:18:40 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
I'm changing my avatar pic to that of a hot girl to see how many of you shamelessly flirt with me

Agreed. I'm interested in seeing the girl though, I'm prone to a bit of flirting. ;D

« Reply #612 on: July 01, 2009, 09:21:05 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

It was pretty fun, I have to say.  Very much on par with the first two I guess.
Yup

« Reply #613 on: July 01, 2009, 09:23:11 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

hmm guarantee sell out for a theatre, say there's 200 seats - x 6 bucks for a matinee - I'd say they'd split it in about half - I bet 500 bucks

yahoo answers confirmed my conjecture

« Reply #614 on: July 01, 2009, 09:24:31 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

Agreed. I'm interested in seeing the girl though, I'm prone to a bit of flirting. ;D

so amihotornot?