Author Topic: If you aren't already doing so, turn on the Phil/Det game.  (Read 7752 times)

If you aren't already doing so, turn on the Phil/Det game.
« on: April 27, 2008, 07:53:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This Philly team is doing what they have been doing to Detroit in the whole series. Tough defense, fast break when there, tough, hardnosed basketball. They are really making this Detroit team look old and spent. Perhaps they are, afterall they did implode against Cleveland last year too.

This Philly team has been a joy to watch this postseason. Funny how things worked out. AI goes to Denver and they suck in the playoffs and Philly gets rid of a former MVP and future HOF player and they look seasoned and ready to take thenext step.

Re: If you aren't already doing so, turn on the Phil/Det game.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 07:56:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Philly's a great story.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 08:05:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Detroit are going to lose this game

Rip is 1-9. Chauncey is 2-7. Can't win without them. They need one of them to get scoring.

They're going to lose this game if they can't get at least one of them going and they'll probably need both.

They're getting absolutely nothing from there bench. Hayes came in and got burnt repeatedly by Igoudala. Hayes has been their best bench scorer but he hasn't shown up in the playoffs. They should try Hermann.

Amir Johnson is still glued to the bench, why kick him off your bench as soon as the playoffs has started? he's been part of the rotation for months now. He's also your most athletic and best energy player, you know the things that Phily are killing you with? Maybe give him a spin.

Detroit have actually played better in the second quarter but they just can't make shots, they've gotten good shots but they're missing. Not enough scoring right now.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 08:15:33 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'm not real sure why all the so called experts think Joe Dumars is such a great GM. Since assembling that team, I would give him a D+.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 08:18:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I wish this officiating crew was doing the Celtics game last night. Compared to the refs from last night this crew looks like officiating gods. They've been consistent and handled that Wallace situation at the end of the half very well and they got that last second shot right the first time.

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 08:23:40 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I'm not real sure why all the so called experts think Joe Dumars is such a great GM. Since assembling that team, I would give him a D+.
Why?

I love what Joe has done rebuilding their bench with young talent. Also not paying Ben Wallace. Not wild about the Billups contract but the last year is a team option so there's some protection.

The only thing I don't like is Flip Saunders. I liked the hire when he was signed on but he hasn't worked out and it's been problem and Joe hasn't acted on it. That I do not like.

Joe's drafted well except for Darko. Stuckey, Amir, Maxiell, Affalo, Okur, Tayshaun. By the way, Can you imagine Carmelo on this team right now? They're desperate for that type of scorer.

I'm happy enough with his decision to keep the core together also. I didn't see many options for them to upgrade those guys.

Edit: Two good trades too, since Sheed. The Darko trade (Stuckey) and getting rid of Nazr's contract who didn't work out there.

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 08:23:41 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I love this ... especially because I love watching Chuck make excuses for his beloved Pistons, who will "win it all" in the East! Chuck's extensive basketball "IQ" comes through again. Chris Paul is his new man-crush, but that'll only last until N'Orleans goes fishin'.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 08:26:35 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I love this ... especially because I love watching Chuck make excuses for his beloved Pistons, who will "win it all" in the East! Chuck's extensive basketball "IQ" comes through again. Chris Paul is his new man-crush, but that'll only last until N'Orleans goes fishin'.
Charles picked Phily to win Game Four

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 08:29:14 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Chuck's the "King of Vasilation" ... he never ceases to amaze!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 08:30:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Why?

I love what Joe has done rebuilding their bench with young talent. Also not paying Ben Wallace. Not wild about the Billups contract but the last year is a team option so there's some protection.

The only thing I don't like is Flip Saunders. I liked the hire when he was signed on but he hasn't worked out and it's been problem and Joe hasn't acted on it. That I do not like.

Joe's drafted well except for Darko. Stuckey, Amir, Maxiell, Affalo, Okur, Tayshaun. By the way, Can you imagine Carmelo on this team right now? They're desperate for that type of scorer.

I'm happy enough with his decision to keep the core together also. I didn't see many options for them to upgrade those guys.
Did you hear Chris Webber's comments regarding what was happening in the lockerroom. He said the players wouldn't be listening to Flip and would come out tough because they are built in the mold of Joe Dumars. When Charles tried to counter Chris stuck to his guns and said that Dumars won't hesitate to go in the lockerroom at halftime and tell the players to either play better or he'll trade their butt tomorrow.

Coming from a guy who was in that lockerroom, some very poignant stuff and truly a statement as to just how much respect Flip has in that organization. If they are ousted by Philly, Saunders is toast.

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 08:33:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

What's Chuck's use of Vaseline have to do with anything?   ;) :D ;D

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 08:38:45 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

What's Chuck's use of Vaseline have to do with anything?   ;) :D ;D

LOL! Ya know, just knowing the type of minds we have here a CB, (mine included), I knew somebody would go there ... thanks for not letting me down! (I would have, but that would've been way too obvious ... man, does that set up a lot of tasteless puns! LOL)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 08:42:05 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I just started watching after halftime, and now I think I jinxed the game.

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 08:44:22 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Why?

Did you hear Chris Webber's comments regarding what was happening in the lockerroom. He said the players wouldn't be listening to Flip and would come out tough because they are built in the mold of Joe Dumars. When Charles tried to counter Chris stuck to his guns and said that Dumars won't hesitate to go in the lockerroom at halftime and tell the players to either play better or he'll trade their butt tomorrow.

Coming from a guy who was in that lockerroom, some very poignant stuff and truly a statement as to just how much respect Flip has in that organization. If they are ousted by Philly, Saunders is toast.

Flip should be toast, I have no idea why Joe has stood by him.

Joe went into the locker room at halftime to give a speech. You don't see that very often from general managers. Mike Dunleavy's reaction to the news at halftime was priceless.

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 09:11:54 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
come on motown...!!!