Poll

Who is the most dissapointing team so far?

Mavericks
1 (4.2%)
Suns
14 (58.3%)
Pistons
7 (29.2%)
Wizzards
0 (0%)
Nuggets
2 (8.3%)
Raptors
0 (0%)
Rocktes
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Poll: Most dissapointing team so far?  (Read 5921 times)

Poll: Most dissapointing team so far?
« on: April 26, 2008, 12:24:53 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
I have been extremly dissapointed with most WC teams.  I though that, if 6.5 separates 1st from 8th, the games/series would be closer.

That being said, I was expecting a heck of a lot more from the Suns, with the Nuggets a close second on the dissapointing scale.

What's yours?

Re: Poll: Most dissapointing team so far?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 12:29:53 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
who isn't gonna vote phoenix?

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 12:43:16 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Im not disappointed by any of the WC teams losing,or EC(unless it was the C's), surprised yes,especially Detroit.I didn't think Philly would be leading this  series at this point,but it is what it is,Disappointed,noway! ;D

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 12:48:06 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146

True.  Still, some folks might not be all that surprised.  I was very close to vote for Denver.  They haven't even come close to win a game.

Anyways, this topic has a short-shell life.  Tonight we might have a new most dissapointing team.

;)

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 12:58:37 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

I'm not picking Phoenix because I never believed in the Shaq trade.  I think the Pistons is the most surprising (not disappointing to me though ;D).
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 01:03:36 PM »

Offline mjohnson

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
i didn't choose Phoenix.. i didn't believe about Shaq thing..

i vote for Detroit..

why? after Philly leading 2-1. Chauncey seems like saying a similar statement again: "It seems like they won a championship"

Detroit is the measuring stick for any Eastern contenders wanting to play for NBA finals yet they play not-so-hard...

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 01:04:49 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I vote Phoenix, all that talent, and to not be able to win a single game so far is ridiculous. They finally match up against San Antonio, have all the emotion after having been crushed by them so many times before, and to come out completely flat is a surprise.

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 01:32:33 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Phoenix. I expected more especially after the first game. Last night was a bad game. Oh and Shaq looks done.

As for Detroit. Billups needs to shut up and play.

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 02:25:02 PM »

Offline CelticPride

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 28

I'm not picking Phoenix because I never believed in the Shaq trade.  I think the Pistons is the most surprising (not disappointing to me though ;D).

I completely agree with Bankshot. By traditional standard, the 2 seed losing to the 7 seed is the most "disappointing" but color me FAR from disappointed.

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 03:26:51 PM »

Offline lobstermobster

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Phoenix. It sure is enjoyable to Nash get embarassed.  None of the flopping and whining is working for him this time against the Spurs.

Detroit looks like an old team right now.

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 03:46:12 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
I'm not disappointed with anyone whatsoever. Phoenix was never that good to begin with and got far too much credit in a massive transition phase, Tor matches up with Orl if they're shooting well, Phi has the size and athletes needed to hang with Det, Hou has game when they're not banged up, Dal and No will both be inconsistent all playoffs long and will lose next round, Denver's a joke, Wizard's aren't that good and Arenas can't contribute enough to make them a disappointment.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 04:30:25 PM by davemonsterband »
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 05:40:08 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
in terms of western conf teams, the suns.  the overall league, detroit hands down.

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2008, 06:20:18 PM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Yes, the Suns.
But honestly, I'm not surprised at the Pistons. Before that series, I thought the Sixers had a great chance- they're very good, Iguodala(did I spell that right?) is a slightly less talented PP and the whole team is pretty good and playing very well.
 If I hadn't lost twelve consecutive bets on basketball games about twenty-five years ago and sworn off gambling forever, I would have put some money on the Sixers in that series.
The Pistons, like Jason Kidd, and now Nash, are still great in people's minds, but time may have passed them by.
BTW, the Hornets/Celtics finals is going to be a thing of beauty. C's in 5. Two best pgs in the game?

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2008, 07:57:24 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Its got to be the Nuggets. The Nuggets are such a talented team and they just cant find a way to play together. The Suns are kind of surprising but people really dont see how good the Spurs are, especially when it comes to the playoffs. The Spurs are just a better team than the Suns and they are showing that. I still think the Marion trade hurt the Suns more than helped.

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2008, 09:47:29 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The Suns ... without question, or comparison.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *