Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: Western First Round: Minnesota(1) vs Portland(8)  (Read 10149 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: Western First Round: Minnesota(1) vs Portland(8)
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 01:15:22 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
My issue with Portland is less about giving up shots and more with ball movement as a whole.  KG, Pierce, and Ray were all good passers (especially PP+KG), so they were able to mesh and create a great offensive flow.  Plus they had Rondo developing into one of the best passers in the league.  Being unselfish about who got to shoot was part of that, but the skill was there too.

Jennings, JJ, Carmelo - none of those guys are great passers, and all have some pretty well-known ball-stopper tendencies.  I'm worried less about Portland's guys getting mad at each other for shooting too much and more that the ball movement will be very poor, which will play right into Minnesota's hands as a top defensive squad.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:25:38 PM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2013, 03:51:57 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i submitted my vote....Wolves

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 03:55:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The talent on the Portland side could be scary, even against this Lebron led defense that Minnesota has but I just can not fathom Lebron not willing the rest of his team on and taking out Melo, his Olympic buddy. I think he would just get too much joy out of that.

I am going with the Lebrons....ahhhh.....Timberwolves.

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 04:49:37 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 94
The talent on the Portland side could be scary, even against this Lebron led defense that Minnesota has but I just can not fathom Lebron not willing the rest of his team on and taking out Melo, his Olympic buddy. I think he would just get too much joy out of that.

I am going with the Lebrons....ahhhh.....Timberwolves.

I don't Lebron can wil these team to victory over the team I assembled simply because he has no true #2 guy like a d-wade. Lebron has one nothing with out a big three and I don't see this here. I'm even more disappointed my Blazers ended up 8 seed.
Indiana Pacers-Celticsblog Draft Team